Script for simplechess.com

ICS Emulator for simplechess.com
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Script for simplechess.com

Post by matematiko »

I have created a script for simplechess.com, I baptized it: YaYs

A this moment needs some work, is not ready for public release and besides I am not sure yet If I will ever make it public.

You can play unrated games as a guest, but if you want your own name then you need to pay for a membership. There are two types of memberships: One to use with a regular computer browser and one for android phones. The first one is $5 dollars per month or $29 for a year and the second one is $1 dollar per month, I paid for a whole year and I think it was $6.49 dollars which is not bad for a whole year of fun. But check this out: with my script you can play with an android account in your regular Winblowz computer. At the moment, my script does not work with guest accounts(well it does, but with regular Winboard without engine).

I like this place because it allows you to register as a computer/engine user and has a minimum timer of 0/1. What I do not like about this place is that there is no lobby where players can chat. Every table is destroyed after each game. Even if you play a long game and people joins the table, you can only send messages to individual players instead of the whole table. In the other hand, this scheme removes all the drama we've seen in Yahoo and Pogo.

Why I am making this post if at the moment I am not sharing? Well,

1. Just want you to know that matematiko is still active looking for a good website to play online chess and create a script for it. (I havent been able to c-r-a-c-k flyordie, which is the only other place I like from the list waldemar created a while back).

2. I want to hear from people, what you guys think about simplechess, about paying a ridiculous small amount for membership, etc.

Best regards,

P.S. simplechess is just a whole different place, the commands are very different, you can not create tables. You can challenge someone or you can accept a challenge, when a a challenge is accepted then the table is created, people can join to watch, but the table gets destroyed after game ends. Another way to play is to accept "seeks" or post your "seek" a wait someone to accept it. This place takes some time to get used to it, very different than Yahoo and POGO, please create an account there and play a little before you cast any opinion about it.

matematiko
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Script for simplechess.com

Post by Waldemar »

Very good news, you have your hands on this script again... :ok

Regards!
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Well, it only took few weeks to get bored and tired of this place.

Main three reasons:
1.- Not atmosphere whatsoever, can not chat or kibitz and private messages are rarely answered.
2.- No competition, I win all the time
3.- Points awarding system is very screwed up.

Also, there was not interest here in the forum.
Project and sub-forum closed.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Well, it only took few weeks to get bored and tired of this place.

Main three reasons:
1.- Not atmosphere whatsoever, can not chat or kibitz and private messages are rarely answered.
2.- No competition, I win all the time
3.- Points awarding system is very screwed up.

Also, there was not interest here in the forum.
Project and sub-forum closed.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,