UCI client interface in perl/php/python or other script

Anything related to programming utilities involved one way or another on auto-chess-ing.
pgn4web

UCI client interface in perl/php/python or other script

Post by pgn4web »

Hello.

Question: do you know of any implementation of the UCI protocol in perl/php/python or other scripting language?
I need a script capable of taking a FEN string as input, starting a chess engine and returning the evaluation of the position...

TIA

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: UCI client interface in perl/php/python or other script

Post by matematiko »

pgn4web wrote:Hello.

Question: do you know of any implementation of the UCI protocol in perl/php/python or other scripting language?
I need a script capable of taking a FEN string as input, starting a chess engine and returning the evaluation of the position...

TIA
In other words you need an online web based FEN chess position evaluator?

I think your question will be better answered in the WinBoard Forum:
http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/index.php

Now, assuming I am correct on what you are trying to accomplish, let me ask you something, Can you run binaries in your server? If so, is it Windows based or Linux based?
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

pgn4web

Post by pgn4web »

matematiko wrote:

TIA

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/index.php

Now, assuming I am correct on what you are trying to accomplish, let me ask you something, Can you run binaries in your server? If so, is it Windows based or Linux based?
Let's assume the server runs linux and I can execute binaries and even compile them.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Well, even if there is a way to do this, I do not think it will be on Perl, python or php.

I was reading the UCI protocol and what you want to accomplish should be pretty much straight forward.

Create a script that takes the FEN string as an argument, make the script open a pipe with the engine a follow the protocol instructions.

Regards,

P.S. As a challenge that I am giving to myself, I will try to create this script, but do not count on it.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

pgn4web wrote:
matematiko wrote:

TIA

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/<span ... /span>.php

Let's assume the server runs linux and I can execute binaries and even compile them.
wtf
Can any uci protocol run without gui .
Regarding Fen arguments if you had any previous source code of yay yotics or yics()
it is pretty obvious to extract this argument from net and feed it to engine
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin