Making Book ctg

lord_Sebzyy

Making Book ctg

Post by lord_Sebzyy »

Hi all ! I whant to create my own book.ctg but I don't know how.
If you know how to make write here detalis please.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Making Book ctg

Post by dene »

Have a read of the the Blog archive here...

http://www.frayerchess.com/

goldminer999

Post by goldminer999 »

This site also has some useful information to help you:

http://www.enginechess.com/

lord_Sebzyy

Post by lord_Sebzyy »

Thanks for replay but I still don't know how to make my own I see there I have to import games anything alse I don't know .

If somebody can tell step by step like the bin book

mocha_1961
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by mocha_1961 »

lord_Sebzyy wrote:Thanks for replay but I still don't know how to make my own I see there I have to import games anything alse I don't know .

If somebody can tell step by step like the bin book
easy. very easy.
No matter how strong and dedicated a leader may be, he must find root and strength amongst the people.

goldminer999

Post by goldminer999 »

Try following these steps which I've described as clearly as I possible can. Try it a few times and you'll get the hang of it:

1. Start with a database of games that you want to use to make your book.

2. Create a new book in Fritz by selecting FILE/NEW/OPENINGS BOOK - call it anything you like.

3. Open your new book by selecting FILE/OPEN/OPENINGS BOOK and selecting the new book you created earlier.

4. Now import the games from your database by selecting EDIT/OPENINGS BOOK/IMPORT GAMES and navigating to your database.

5. There is a dialogue box which you need to tick against. "Games" is the number of games you want to import. Default is all games are selected so leave this. "Length" is how deep the lines will be in the book. Choosing "ECO-relative" plus a number will make the main line variations longer than the oddball side variations. If you pick "Absolute length" and a number, it will make all the variations the length you chose, regardless of whether the variation is a main line or side line - so book will be deeper. "Include variations" is important if some of the games from your database contain commentary in the form of sub-variations, but can be left un-ticked.

6. When you're finished with these settings, click "OK". You'll see a progress bar appear, keeping you posted as to how close Fritz has come to completing the, you'll see a menu of moves where the empty book had been and a small window saying "x new positions" (this tells you how many positions total are in the new tree). Click OK, and you're finished.
Try it a few times and you'll get the hang of it.

Good luck