Deep Fritz 12 - not saving book updates?

dvastator1

Deep Fritz 12 - not saving book updates?

Post by dvastator1 »

Hello,

I'm using the trial version of Deep Fritz 12 (free download on shareware sites) and trying to add lines to my opening book. The first time I did this, it worked:

1. Load opening book book.ctg file
2. Right click in Opening Book pane, select Allow Move Adding
3. Play the new moves
4. In the Opening Book pane, it shows these moves as italicized
5. I then right click in Opening Book pane, select Close Book File

The first time I did this, it worked and updated the timestamp on the book.ctg file.

Now, I'm trying to do the same thing again with a different game. It seems to save the new moves italicized again. However, I cannot get the book.ctg file timestamp to update. It's like DF12 is not writing it to disk again.

I've tried to select "copy tree to hard disk" but it says the openings book is already installed (it said this also the first time I did this).

DF12 remembers the italicized moves on relaunching the program, but I cannot get it to save it to the disk CTG file again.

Any help or ideas?

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Deep Fritz 12 - not saving book updates?

Post by Waldemar »

allow move adding and make the move manually, it will be automarked green and added to the book. if not working may be book opened in another place too...
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

dvastator1

Re: Deep Fritz 12 - not saving book updates?

Post by dvastator1 »

It turned out to be the latter.... I had a hung process from AquariumBookAdapter holding onto the file. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out, but at least it's fixed!