Hi Hi..

Blackbirdx61

Hi Hi..

Post by Blackbirdx61 »

Hi All,
Im a long time Chess player, who mostly plays cyber chess.

As Such I have recently down loaded the Craft Chess Interface, and while I quite like it, it seems not to have much of a following.
If anyone knows of a dedicated forum, please reply if not, I hope you wont mind to much making some posts and asking some questions here. I am very new at this and managed for a few days to mess up my app which would only play 1 Nf3 till I found some hidden app data that was storing that usemove command.

I have a program for ripping Chess Master books to pgn; but I need a good preferably free pgn stripper.
Any Suggestions?

I also noted that a lot of posts refer to http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/
Unfortunately I found a post in memorium of the former keeper of that website and it has already been reclaimed.
does anyone know if anyone has taken up that Polyglot Achieve?

One last Question. While I am using the Crafty interface at home, as I am learning a lot about the use of ini files working with the polyglot files for my small collection of engines. But I have yet to find a truly acceptable app for my tablet. Droidfish is nice in presentation, but at least my (recently downloaded) version seems to ignore the UCI commands. Aart Biks app only allowed me to set up Greko once since it ignores all attempts to clear set up and invoke the set up pop up; but always just give the error Engine already loaded.

So, I would be most interested in your opinions as to the best app, in terms of its ability to support the UCI and give the user the opportunity to sculpt the profile(s) used by the user?

Well that's enough from me for my first post.
Best regards BB.