Glad to see this forum is still alive

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Glad to see this forum is still alive

Post by Chunky2 »

Good morning everybody I thought this forum was closed, I visited it last time in uhm... it was late 2014 I think and I couldn't access to it so I thought it was gone, but today I could join it again and I'm happy it's still alive.

is matematiko still alive too? lol I remember we had a kind of fight back in the days I don't remember the exact reason, but I was a kid so... lol
anyway forum what's going on? Any news on yahoo chess? I was a yahoo chess player 1/0, I remember they wrote they would have made a new version of Yahoo chess but I think they left it, isnt' it? :smile20

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Glad to see this forum is still alive

Post by matematiko »

Chunky2 wrote:Good morning everybody I thought this forum was closed, I visited it last time in uhm... it was late 2014 I think and I couldn't access to it so I thought it was gone, but today I could join it again and I'm happy it's still alive.

is matematiko still alive too? lol I remember we had a kind of fight back in the days I don't remember the exact reason, but I was a kid so... lol
anyway forum what's going on? Any news on yahoo chess? I was a yahoo chess player 1/0, I remember they wrote they would have made a new version of Yahoo chess but I think they left it, isnt' it? :smile20
I am well, just away from Chess semi-permanently. Meaning: I will visit ocassionally but there is no programming in the future, no chess playing.

To keep the flame going I am willing to teach the little I know to whoever proves worth the effort. Or not necesarily "teach" but show the way to POGO, FOD, or any other place.

If some one is interested (which I doubt) first dare: Find me.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

What about someone with enough programming knowledges who can recreate Yahoo chess on a private server? is this possible? This might seem ridiculous but I still couldn't find any online chess website even similar to the Yahoo platform so it would be great definitely :!:

... and if I have to be honest, I miss yahoo so much

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I guess everyone miss the old good days of Yahoo...
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

Waldemar wrote:I guess everyone miss the old good days of Yahoo...
sure we all miss those nice days Wal and we all hope Yahoo Chess will be back as soon as possible :smile20

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

tue_mouche wrote:
sure we all miss those nice days Wal and we all hope Yahoo Chess will be back as soon as possible :smile20
Do you really believe it will ever be back? :hhh

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

Chunky2 wrote:
tue_mouche wrote:
Do you really believe it will ever be back? :hhh
who knows :!: maybe Yahoo Chess will hear us :roll:

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

Chunky2 wrote:What about someone with enough programming knowledges who can recreate Yahoo chess on a private server? is this possible? This might seem ridiculous but I still couldn't find any online chess website even similar to the Yahoo platform so it would be great definitely :!:

... and if I have to be honest, I miss yahoo so much
Anyone?