YaYp 1.2.0 Now Available-Report problems here

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YaYp 1.2.0 Now Available-Report problems here

Post by matematiko »

x44 wrote:Hi,
How can i go to other room it seems there are only few players in deep fritz room can i go to people room? and how can i invite player? :wink:
The idea behind using and engine is to play against other engine users. YaYp only logs in to Deep Fritz, eventually more people will come to Deep Fritz.

I do not like YaYp been able to go to other rooms because then the few YaYp users will scattered all over the place. Just have pacience and you'll see more players. But you need to stay there and wait, because if you go then the next players that show up will see an empty room and leave to. Is going to take an effort from all of us to make the autochess community at Pogo grow again like it was before.

I think the command is "invite", without the quotes. Enter command "commands" to see a list of available commands.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

x44

Post by x44 »

Hi,
Ya thats a good idea but in my experience players tend to go to places where there are many players then yayp players converge there.Then eventually yayp users will meet and looking for each other lol .Good if Yayp Players can wait for an opponent for hours without playing wew...anyway we will see .. but the best thing have an OPTION let YayP Loose,Grow and play promote itself naturally and people become interested and YayP will be famous again like Yay before. Just my humble opinion : :roll:

The command invite is not found it says

x44

Post by x44 »

Sir Matematiko We cant play no player theree pls. open other roomss its no use :cry:

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

As far as I know, PCA does not work anymore, therefore, the only auto for POGO is YaYp

YaYp only goes to Deep Fritz, if there is no autochess players in Deep Fritz then you won't find it in other rooms.

Letting YaYp go to other rooms filled mostly with human players will led to missuse of YaYp, in other words: CHEATING

Do you hate to see Deep Fritz empty? Well. do something about it. Let your computer running with YaYp in autostart, a little by little more people will start showing. I finished a YaYp Bot Crawler and few times a day I launch it, the bot advertises this forum and YaYp. One by one players will start coming, but, if there is nobody on Deep Fritz they might go and never come back. So do your part and stay there even when there is no players.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Crap... I just realized Chess Budy for POGO still exists, let me think about this.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I think chessbuddy for Pogo doesn't work anymore bud.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Waldemar wrote:I think chessbuddy for Pogo doesn't work anymore bud.
Thank you my friend.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

x44

Post by x44 »

Hi,
No ! you are not correct Sir Waldemar Just a while ago I just downloaded free trial of Chessbuddy Pogo good for 7 days and tried it myself and it is working! :ok
You can test anyway ..I hope Sir Matematiko reconsider his decision..

Truly yours
x44

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

You right, Chessbuddy v2.5 works, i had v1.8 that's why not working...

x44

Post by x44 »

Tnx for the test :Bravo Chessbuddy is fun too and really makes my rating so high and undefeated you can stop and go lol but thats not the point I miss testing different engines and tweaking u know, using Yay I notice that adapter doesnt work in YayP it moves then stop or sometimes doesnt move at all 8) Room active advantage ,azure and barcelona has always many players

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

x44 wrote:..... using Yay I notice that adapter doesnt work in YayP it moves then stop or sometimes doesnt move at all .......
YaYp is only "the middle man" between POGO and Winboard..... If the adapter is not working, take it up to the Adapter developers, Or Winboard developers, or polyglot developers or the engine developers... do not blame YaYp.

Think about it, when you launch Winboard, you tell winboard the the first chess engine (fcp) is polyglot, then in polyglot.ini engine section you tell polyglot that the engine is "AquariumBookAdapter.exe"... then you tell the adapter that the engine is Rybka or Houdini or StockFish or whatever. So, how do you come to the conclusion that YaY is at fault?

In fact, I'll save you some time. Nothing is at fault. Just do some reading and do things right.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

YaY/YaYp has nothing to do with adapter not working. I use adapter as long as it was released, I had this problem in the 1st adapter version but it was fixed with the latest adapter version, like Mate said check things right. . . :)

x44

Post by x44 »

Yes u both correct Jesus! now its working after re installing my old adapter and set things new lol :mrgreen:

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

So, which room your honors want YaYp to go to?

It can only be one room.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Most players are in Beginner lounge, but there I see they pick a different room everyday, sometimes Baby Blue is full, sometimes Azure room. Right now both are full but with low human rating players, i dont think there is program there, so I suggest we return to A Clockwork Orange. :)

Regards!