How to connect to pogo programmatically and invoke commands

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
jasm10

How to connect to pogo programmatically and invoke commands

Post by jasm10 »

Hi,

I am a c# developer and I wanted to find out how I can connect to pogo and invoke some of the server commands.

I do not intend to create a auto chess prog but just would like to connect to pogo and invoke basic server commands. This seems to be a big secret that only some people seem to know and dont like to share. I

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: How to connect to pogo programmatically and invoke comma

Post by matematiko »

jasm10 wrote:Hi,

I am a c# developer and I wanted to find out how I can connect to pogo and invoke some of the server commands.

I do not intend to create a auto chess prog but just would like to connect to pogo and invoke basic server commands. This seems to be a big secret that only some people seem to know and dont like to share. I
POGO game programmers implemented a time control scheme that takes the load of having to keep track of each player's remaining time from the server and put this load on each player's client. The problem here is that some programmers that use their own program to connect to pogo take advantage of this and use to cheat: Like freezing the clock, or even adding time. Yahoo has a similar problem, when a player runs out of time, the client should flag itself and loose the game, again, some people use this exploit to cheat by not flagging themselves.

So, this is the reason the source code of the two clients I co-authored is not open to the public.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Yummy Yummy ! So, there is a way to block the command of Yahoo flag, client flag and opponent flag and keep moving in 0:00 on Yahoo? It would be good to 1:00 games lolz!!! :twisted:
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:Yummy Yummy ! So, there is a way to block the command of Yahoo flag, client flag and opponent flag and keep moving in 0:00 on Yahoo? It would be good to 1:00 games lolz!!! :twisted:
If you do not flag yourself, this thing only works when your engine moves super fast before the other player flags you.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.