Installation trouble

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
Prima

Re: Installation trouble

Post by Prima »

AutoChessFan wrote:Prima,
Take your time, no worries. I'm using 32-bit right now.
Done. Check your PM.

The default engine used is Stockfish 2.1.1. However, Houdini 1.5a is the strongest engine which I've included, along with the 'most current' of these free engines for you:

Houdini 1.5/1.5a, Arasan 12.3, Bright, Crafty (23.4 & Crafty Cito 2.0), Critter, FireBird, IvanHoe, Naum (2.0), Protector, Rybka (2.3.2a), Spark, Spike (1.4), Stockfish (1.7.1, 2.0.1, 2.1, 2.11, and 2.11pa gtb gran2 series), Thinker (5.4A,C,D), and Toga.

I've made INI files for each of these engines which are included for you and they works fine with the default "C drive" path given to them in their individual INI file. These engines are also working fine with the /fUCI and /sUCI style as well. If you decide to change your path, remember to do so in your Winboard_452_with_fUCI_sUCI.ini for each engine as well as making changes the individual INI files for each engines.

Each INI files for these engines are stored in your secondary winboard.ini called Winboard_452_with_INI_Files. I also made the /fUCI & /sUCI commands for each engines which is stored in another separate secondary Winboard.ini file called Winboard_452_with_fUCI_sUCI.ini. So, which ever method you prefer to use, you have the convenience to alternate.

Currently in your master Winboard.ini file, it is set to use the Winboard_452_with_fUCI_sUCI.ini. If you prefer to use INI files for each engine, all you have to do is go to your master Winboard.ini file, look for these 2 lines at the bottom page and change it from this:

Code: Select all

/saveSettingsFile=c:\YaYp_Ultimate\WinBboard_452_with_fUCI_sUCI.ini
/settingsFile=c:\YaYp_Ultimate\WinBoard_452_with_fUCI_sUCI.ini
to this:

Code: Select all

/saveSettingsFile=c:\YaYp_Ultimate\WinBboard_452_with_INI_Files.ini
/settingsFile=c:\YaYp_Ultimate\WinBoard_452_with_INI_Files.ini
Important things to consider;

. If there are new releases of engines, you would have to make INI file for that engine (if you like the INI style). Likewise, if you prefer the /fUCI and /sUCI style, you would have to make the commands for the new engine you wish to add, in your Winboard_452_with_fUCI_sUCI.ini. I highly suggest you study these to get acquainted with how things are done.
2. These engines use Tablebases which are necessary for perfect end-game play. Look around the forum or google for thse end-game tablebases: Nalimov, Gaviota, Robbobases, Scorpio bases. Make sure your OS has enough RAM and hard disk space to store them.
3. I have not included .bin books. So you have to look in the Polyglot Section of the forum or the internet for bin books to use with the engines. When you have a .bin book, place them in the folder named BinBooks. Make sure to use your Winboard GUI to navigate to the BinBooks folder and select your bin books. In the INI files for each engine under the [PolyGlot] section, look for this line and add your bin books:
BookFile=C:\YaYp_Ultimate\BinBooks\Your-Own-Book-Here.bin
Some engines included have their own book or an "Own Book". Research on this in the engine' site.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to post.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Can I have the link too?

Thanks,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Prima

Post by Prima »

matematiko wrote:Can I have the link too?

Thanks,
Done. Check your PM.

Best.

PS: I just noticed the INI file I made for Bright 0.1d was out of line. Please change the mistake of the individual INI file for Bright from (a) Bright_0.1d_SMP_.ini to (b) Bright_0.1d_SMP.ini . The (b) was/is correctly included in Winboard_452_with_INI_Files.ini engine lists box.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

Prima,
First of all, thank you. You've really outdone yourself. However, when I connect to pogo's ICS I get an error. "Fatal Error, Error writing to ICS: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." I know it's something on my end since you checked yourself, so do you have any ideas on what I need to fix? Thanks again.

Prima

Post by Prima »

AutoChessFan wrote:Prima,
First of all, thank you. You've really outdone yourself. However, when I connect to pogo's ICS I get an error. "Fatal Error, Error writing to ICS: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." I know it's something on my end since you checked yourself, so do you have any ideas on what I need to fix? Thanks again.
It works fine here, either with at-home engine vs. engine tournaments or connecting to an ICS. Upon reading your error, I immediately connected your program setup to pogo ICS and I connected fine. See here:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The default path I made for the program setup is the C-drive. Did you put your program in your c-drive? Because I can't think of anything else that might be giving you errors at this point.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

Yes, I extracted everything to the c: drive. I made shortcuts for yayp.exe and winboard_tm.exe. Then I open the yayp.exe shortcut, enter my login details, enter the port (12311) then it asks for winboard to connect to port 6000. I open the winboard_tm.exe shortcut, and then it gives me that error. Should I try removing my firewall? I really have no idea.

Prima

Post by Prima »

AutoChessFan wrote:Yes, I extracted everything to the c: drive. I made shortcuts for yayp.exe and winboard_tm.exe. Then I open the yayp.exe shortcut, enter my login details, enter the port (12311) then it asks for winboard to connect to port 6000. I open the winboard_tm.exe shortcut, and then it gives me that error. Should I try removing my firewall? I really have no idea.
This is really puzzling. I'm not sure firewall will prevent you from logging in to an ICS, otherwise the error message would have been different. Since it works fine here, I'm not sure what the problem could be at your end. I'll try to figure out what the problem could be.

EDIT: Okay try disabling your firewall let's see if you still encounter problems.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

If you want, we can do teamviewer or I can post some screenshots.

But let me try removing the firewall first.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

Nope, still getting the error.

Prima

Post by Prima »

AutoChessFan wrote:Nope, still getting the error.
Can you post a screenshot here? Thanks. Since it works here in my 64-bit Windows-7 OS, I'm going to try this on a separate 32-bit computer (Windows XP). If I'm still able to log in from another computer, then the problem is definitely from your end.

EDIT: Tested on a 32-bit Windows XP and was able to connect to pogo ICS.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

I just restarted my computer and tried the operation again. Now I'm getting a DIFFERENT error that says "Error reading from ICS: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." It's as if something in my computer won't let this program run. Any ideas?

Here are screens

and

Prima

Post by Prima »

AutoChessFan wrote:I just restarted my computer and tried the operation again. Now I'm getting a DIFFERENT error that says "Error reading from ICS: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." It's as if something in my computer won't let this program run. Any ideas?
If this is the case, the problem is not from your OS. This error message could mean any of these:

a. either you are temporarily banned from pogo chess site, or a 'particular ID' you're attempting to use in connecting to pogo is temporarily banned.
b. pogo has changed its port number, but this is unlikely as I was able to connect to pogo with a 32-bit (Windows XP) and 64-bit (Windows 7) OS.
C. the pogo site might be under some type of temporary reformation. But again, I was able to log in.

Solution:
Just to show you that (a) is more likely the case, try creating a new pogo ID and log in with the new ID or try logging in to yahoo with YaY. More than likely, you'll connect to Yahoo without problems.
Here's a link to YaY Flash 3.2.1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?1o5v7xjgbbmjqco

Just place the YaY_Flash_3.2.1.exe in the YaY_Ultimate folder and make a desktop shortcut. Make sure you have a Yahoo ID (aka yahoo e-mail address) and use that yahoo e-mail to log in.

Good luck.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

I have another question then. How does yayp or winboard know which pogo ID im using? I haven't entered anything for it to know. When I log on my account on pogo without yayp or winboard, just the regular site, I can log in just fine.

Ill make another account to check though

Prima

Post by Prima »

AutoChessFan wrote:I have another question then. How does yayp or winboard know which pogo ID im using? I haven't entered anything for it to know. When I log on my account on pogo without yayp or winboard, just the regular site, I can log in just fine.

Ill make another account to check though
You were banned by the pogo administrators.

YaY / YaYp does not know anything about you or your IDs to ban you. Neither does Winboard. YaY/p + Winboard just logs you in to an ICS.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

So when I log into yayp, I use my http://www.autochess.com ID, right? What exactly did the pogo administrators ban then? I can still go to their site and use my pogo ID.