Installation trouble

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
Prima

Re: Installation trouble

Post by Prima »

AutoChessFan wrote:So when I log into yayp, I use my http://www.autochess.com ID, right?
No, not necessarily.

For pogo: create any ID you want and use the pogo-created ID to log in and play in pogo ICS with YaYp.
For yahoo: create any e-mail address you want. The yahoo-created e-mail address serves as your yahoo ID which you use to log in to yahoo ICS with YaY.

AutoChessFan wrote:What exactly did the pogo administrators ban then? I can still go to their site and use my pogo ID.
No clue as to why you might have been banned (temp or permanently). This is my opinion. Again, you can try using a different pogo ID or create a new ID and see what happens.

AutoChessFan

Post by AutoChessFan »

Prima wrote:No, not necessarily.

For pogo: create any ID you want and use the pogo-created ID to log in and play in pogo ICS with YaYp.
For yahoo: create any e-mail address you want. The yahoo-created e-mail address serves as your yahoo ID which you use to log in to yahoo ICS with YaY.

AutoChessFan wrote:What exactly did the pogo administrators ban then? I can still go to their site and use my pogo ID.
No clue as to why you might have been banned (temp or permanently). This is my opinion. Again, you can try using a different pogo ID or create a new ID and see what happens.
Wow! I sure learned this whole thing the hard way :) . Fortunately, I finally got it to work! (Problem was I kept logging in with my autochess ID :hhh) Anyway, I hope this thread helps some people out, great job Prima :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Prima,

I have never embraced the new winboards, they change my polyglot inis and I do not like that....looks like you know what you are doing...I am going to analize/study the folder you sent to AutoChessFan and probably create a new instalattion executable with new instructions and all the nine yards, first: I need your permission to use the guide you wrote for AutoChessFan and second: This is not happening soon, I have to many things on my plate: My sprinkler system to begin with which I am installing a little by little in the evenings.

What do you say? Credit will be giving for your hard work and cooperation.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Prima

Post by Prima »

matematiko wrote:Prima,

I have never embraced the new winboards, they change my polyglot inis and I do not like that....looks like you know what you are doing...I am going to analize/study the folder you sent to AutoChessFan and probably create a new instalattion executable with new instructions and all the nine yards, first: I need your permission to use the guide you wrote for AutoChessFan and second: This is not happening soon, I have to many things on my plate: My sprinkler system to begin with which I am installing a little by little in the evenings.

What do you say? Credit will be giving for your hard work and cooperation.

Regards,
Sure by all means matematiko, please use the guide if its of use.

With the /fUCI and /sUCI commands, a user has to use Winboard GUI to create INI files for each engine which are saved in the _PG folder by default. But, not all [Engine] and [PolyGlot] options are usually saved in the /fUCI and s/UCI INI files, though you can view all visible settings for both engine & polyglot in Winboard engine setting box.

With the regular INI files, not even the newer Winboard can modify your settings.

Regards.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Cool...Thank you...satay stune...will be a while but I will become a reaslity.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I guas nto durnk :hhh
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,