YaYp for 2011

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

YaYp for 2011

Post by matematiko »

I do not know where I read that somebody was concern about YaYp expiring at the end of this year.

There is not need to be afraid. That is more than 40 days from now. We will make a new release(actually all the coding is done, I just need to find the time to create the exe and the installation package) with mostly few little changes but with another year or maybe just six months of life.

It is been our other own projects that had kept us from making this release. But do not be afraid....there will be YaYp for ever, or at least until we die or change our minds.

In case someone wondered "What other projects these guys might have" well, we are working on a YaYpA232" that will eliminate the need of WinBoard and talk straight to Fritz, At this moment is our intention to make it just for our own personal use....but who knows...it might become public if we found it to be :stable, useful and easy to use......stay tuned.

Stay tune...expect a release no later than DEC 31.....he he....just kidding... DEC 15

The YaYp Ultimate Team

P.S. Oooops, what happened to the YaY Ultimate Team? Is dead....no Yahoo in our minds whatsoever....Unles of course Yahoo server get a major overhaul some day.

Bye
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YaYp for 2011

Post by Waldemar »

Nice project bud ! Good Luck !
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

PoppaTazMcc

Post by PoppaTazMcc »

This sounds GREAT, my only question is will it be made to work in all the rooms? I am a pogo player that does not use a program... But I get progged by many of the members of NAP. I mostly play in blue rooms and Apples. I think you must have giving them a good enough beat down to run most of them from Clockwork and now they are afraid to play there. Thanks for all you have done and that we agree on how programs vs humans is cheating and should not be tolerated.
-Jesus_Freak-

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

No

Not at all the rooms... I already explained this...so few of us, it is not worth it to be able to be scattered all over the place....if POGO ever makes an "Engine Room" or something similar, rest assure that new versions of YaYp will be able to go only to that room...in the mean time we are willing to make it a second room choice....cast your votes...I like the Fritz Room because sounds like an engine room....unfortunately is almost empty.....but...should we care?...if there is only 10 players and we are all engines...I think that should be fun enough....cast your votes.....some of the admins...run a poll on this cause I forgot how...thank you !!!!!
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

gueroi

Post by gueroi »

Excellent ideas, Matematiko
Thanks for your time and work.
Surely not post but we are expecting this new version and we are grateful.
Thank you very much

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

legogames wrote:fritz room it is. cheers
I am inclined for Fritz room as well..... need more people to give opinion....maybe for now two room Fritz and ClockWork Orange
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Indeed Fritz room is the obvious choice

PoppaTazMcc

Post by PoppaTazMcc »

I voted fore fritz as well... as I explained in the poll.. I agree with you matematiko with you not being spreed all over the place.. A few of my friends would love to come there and play and know who is a program and who isn't and with YaYp its obvious. A big SALUTE for that and God Bless.
-Jesus_Freak-

Johnbits

Post by Johnbits »

Hi, has the new YaYp been released yet? :o
Newbie here and hoping I'm not asking a dumb question incase it is already posted some where in forum.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

You have to install YaYp 1.1.3 and change the YaY.exe file to the newest one 1.1.4 here:

yayp-1-1-4-is-out-t1327.html
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Johnbits

Post by Johnbits »

XsupremeX wrote:You have to install YaYp 1.1.3 and change the YaY.exe file to the newest one 1.1.4 here:

yayp-1-1-4-is-out-t1327.html

Thanks! :)