YaYp Pogo problems

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
zxcvb

problema

Post by zxcvb »

matematico ami no me funciona ni metiendole el nuevo exe, le doy aparece el cmd del yayp y luego desaparece

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: problema

Post by matematiko »

You have to execute YaYp.exe not by double clicking on the icon, but from a CMD window (you have to google how to do this) and give the command like this:
cmd /k perl YaYp.exe

This way the window will stay open and you can see the error, once you know the error, paste it here and we might be able to help you.

Good luck,

matematiko,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

buddygoof

YaYp Pogo problems

Post by buddygoof »

seems that you cant join any games with YaYp that have watchers it automatically disconnects you

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YaYp Pogo problems

Post by matematiko »

Anybody else experiencing this?
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

buddygoof

Post by buddygoof »

it did it once to me seems fine now since i had to log in the normal way to change some game room options.
Only happened day of the port change.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

To YaYp users: Auto reject players with IDs like this Pryme%20Tyme%204922, use command "who" and if you see any ID with this symbol %20 put it in autoreject list. I have checked our winboard doesnt recognize names like that and froze the program and we not make any moves for white or black !

4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I could confirm this today again, this other ID with %20 froze my prog.

Plus Mate can we have this option available again to check or uncheck?

Thx in advance !

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Hello Mate !!! Where is our dear Dene? :-(

Ok, Mate this week I am facing something different. When I type ^YaYp I cant see in my ICS all YaYp users...

Is this problem only by my side? Other players please reply.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Hello X,

YaYp originally did not do this. But thanks to an imbecile that kept flooding the tables and the lobby, I put a 2 sec delay. It somebody says something within the next two seconds after the last shout or kib, YaYp will ignore it.

I am sorry about this, but it was done this way for our own protection.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Oh, I understand. Good idea for our own protection. Now YaYp users are aware of this feature. :ok

Prima

Post by Prima »

matematiko wrote: I am sorry about this, but it was done this way for our own protection.

Regards,
I've seen a particular person in POGO site abuse the ^YaYp shout command, on a continuous basis, just to make the YaYp users shout "Using YaYp version........" every few seconds. This individual is obsessed with making YaYp users appear to "intentionally" flood the lobby, by our free will, with YaYp ICS emulators.

Is it possible to implement a 5-minute intervals of lobby shout or similar schemes to ignore this guy's abuse of the YaYp lobby shout command? It's sad to have to deal with ignorant people in POGO on daily basis like this guy and the likes.

Thanks.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

XsupremeX wrote:Where is our dear Dene? :-(
Im good and well, thanks bud ... been very busy the last couple of months, so havnt had any time for playing autochess. I'll try and stop by Pogo and play a few games one of the Fridays soon though :ok

Prima wrote:Is it possible to implement a 5-minute intervals of lobby shout or similar schemes to ignore this guy's abuse of the YaYp lobby shout command?
If you are asking if its possible to make YaYp ignore the command to make it lobby shout for 5 minutes after it last shouted, so YaYp wont shout/respond to that command for a 5 minute period once it has shouted, then yes that is possible and very easy to implement in any future versions.

Cheers

Prima

Post by Prima »

dene wrote:
XsupremeX wrote:Where is our dear Dene? :-(
Im good and well, thanks bud ... been very busy the last couple of months, so havnt had any time for playing autochess. I'll try and stop by Pogo and play a few games one of the Fridays soon though :ok

Prima wrote:Is it possible to implement a 5-minute intervals of lobby shout or similar schemes to ignore this guy's abuse of the YaYp lobby shout command?
If you are asking if its possible to make YaYp ignore the command to make it lobby shout for 5 minutes after it last shouted, so YaYp wont shout/respond to that command for a 5 minute period once it has shouted, then yes that is possible and very easy to implement in any future versions.

Cheers
It's good to hear from you Dene. Personally, I'd assumed you were busy or taking a break. Good to know you're okay though. I returned back to POGO this year.

Apropos the YaYp lobby shout intervals, this is good news to know the suggested feature can be implemented. Stay safe, health-wise & work-wise etc. Thanks Dene & Matematiko.

Best.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Hi guys ! This is not a YaYp problem but a bastard that has returned to Pogo and freezing our YaYp progs.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

It can be a YaYp problem....more information is appreciated.

Thank you,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,