YaYp Pogo problems

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
Prima

Re: YaYp Pogo problems

Post by Prima »

HurtLocker wrote:
Prima wrote:
HurtLocker wrote:Does anyone know how to continue a game if a player stands up then sits back down because on Yayp when I am playing the move on winboard goes away then yayp won't continue. I have to either start new table or resign each time a player stands and come back.
When this happens, you can either re-start the game by just selecting "Start" from your ICS Menu or manually type Start and enter it or, from your Winboard GUI Menu, select: File/New Game. That's it.
even if they rejoin and sit while current game is in progress? Will it play from last move or will I have to start all over?
If an opponent stood up and re-sit in the middle of a game, then it is up to the player that stood up & sit back again to click start etc, in order to resume current game, or resign it.

On separate but relevant note, I have found that most players (primarily those who pride themselves as "pogo's best") often stand and leave when losing a game. Some re-sit to automatically cancel the game, some never log back in - so that the pogo server, in some cases, will void the game and the "losing opponent" won't lose points.

And unfortunately, this is one of the loopholes in pogo server. In Yahoo, if an opponent stood up or was disconnected from the server etc, but re logs back in to the server, Yahoo automatically sits the player in the table/current game and the game continues as if nothing happened.

HurtLocker

Post by HurtLocker »

yes he comes back to sit but after he sits yayp doesn't move. is there away to make yayp move when an opponent leaves them comes back and make move? my winboard doesn't even show the move i get error message like in pic i posted above.

Prima

Post by Prima »

On the "Couldn't parse move...." notification, this is common in pogo - especially when observing a game. In this case, simply leave the table and re-observe the game and the "couldn't parse move..." notification usually goes away.

In few exceptions, it may happen very briefly to players actually playing the game but usually goes away, after move 3,4, or 5 etc, on it's own.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

HurtLocker, if opponent stands YaYp by default will wait his return, but you can set YaYp to immediately end the game when opponent stands in the middle of the game typing "set wait" b4 game starts or during the game b4 he stands.

Another thing is, if opponent stands and his clock in winboard goes to -1:45 and your YaYp is set to wait his return, if anyone else sits and starts moving your YaYp will close. So you have 2 options: 1- set YaYp to not wait opponent when he stands in the middle, 2- If he stands use another ID and sit his place and resign, not letting anyone else sit but you to resign.

Again the command to YaYp not wait is "set wait" or let it ON and sit yourself using another ID and resign.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Prima

Post by Prima »

HurtLocker wrote:yes he comes back to sit but after he sits yayp doesn't move. is there away to make yayp move when an opponent leaves them comes back and make move? my winboard doesn't even show the move i get error message like in pic i posted above.
To my knowledge, YaYp won't make a move when this happens. There can be two choices:
(1) Either cancel the game and start a new game
(2) The opponent who stood needs to resign or cancel the game.

Else the hard part, especially if you were sure you were winning, is to sit at the table for 5 minutes till pogo server adjudicates the game in your favour (favor). Or in some case, pogo simply cancels the game without adjudication to either sides after sitting for 5 minutes.

HurtLocker

Post by HurtLocker »

XsupremeX wrote:HurtLocker, if opponent stands YaYp by default will wait his return, but you can set YaYp to immediately end the game when opponent stands in the middle of the game typing "set wait" b4 game starts or during the game b4 he stands.

Another thing is, if opponent stands and his clock in winboard goes to -1:45 and your YaYp is set to wait his return, if anyone else sits and starts moving your YaYp will close. So you have 2 options: 1- set YaYp to not wait opponent when he stands in the middle, 2- If he stands use another ID and sit his place and resign, not letting anyone else sit but you to resign.

Again the command to YaYp not wait is "set wait" or let it ON and sit yourself using another ID and resign.
okay tried to do it if anyone is on pogo please help test becasue i brought in another id and tried it and still didn't work the pieces on winboard just disappear then I get that error :

fics% Table 17: HuRT (1500) sits down as blacks.
fics% set wait
I will not wait for opponent if he leaves or stands.
fics% Table 17: QuiCkSeX stands up.
fics% Table 17: QuiCkSeX (1327) sits down as whites.
fics% no piece on that square (50 (2,6) - 42 (2,5))
player can't capture it's own pieces (2,6 - 2,5)
no piece on that square (12 (4,1) - 28 (4,3))
player can't capture it's own pieces (4,1 - 4,3)
no piece on that square (51 (3,6) - 43 (3,5))
player can't capture it's own pieces (3,6 - 3,5)
no piece on that square (1 (1,0) - 18 (2,2))
player can't capture it's own pieces (1,0 - 2,2)

Perhaps I am using an older version of yayp? does anyone have the newest installation package ?

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I have met you in Pogo and your YaYp is still waiting for opponent even after you typing set wait to YaYp not wait.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

HurtLocker wrote:yes he comes back to sit but after he sits yayp doesn't move. is there away to make yayp move when an opponent leaves them comes back and make move? my winboard doesn't even show the move i get error message like in pic i posted above.
In what part of the world you live?
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:HurtLocker, if opponent stands YaYp by default will wait his return, but you can set YaYp to immediately end the game when opponent stands in the middle of the game typing "set wait" b4 game starts or during the game b4 he stands.

I have forgotten about this....do you guys want me to change the default so it will be set to no wait?
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Mate I think the default be off is ok. It is hardly ever needed. When we notice a time freeze 0:00 cheater we can activate it.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:Mate I think the default be off is ok. It is hardly ever needed. When we notice a time freeze 0:00 cheater we can activate it.
It was very easy to change so I changed it, unless there is a good reason to revert the change please let me know.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Also, someone mentioned an imbecile coming with 4000 points IDs to get games for tuning without risking points.

I added a new variable and is called overrated (command is: set overrated). What it does is to allow or not players with ratings 599 points higher than ours.

I am tired, tomorrow I will check all this changes and start wraping things up. Maybe have X test the script for few days.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Very good improvements Mate. YaYp getting better and better in every new version that is released. Bravo!

HurtLocker

Post by HurtLocker »

matematiko wrote:
In what part of the world you live?
corpus christi tx

I still cant get it to exit when someone stands or leave I guess i will wait for newest version to and see.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I asked the question because at first I tougth you were in a country half world away from POGO servers and that the guy was standing and resitting faster than your YaYp claimed the win. But then I read XsupremeX reply, all you have to do is enter "set wait" (without the quotes) as soon as you log in this way YaYp wont wait when someone stand/leaves and claim the win immediately. Note: In the next release the default will be the other way around.

I leave in San Benito Texas for 15 years. Now I am in Austin!!!!

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,