YaYp Pogo problems

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
Ninja
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: YaYp Pogo problems

Post by Ninja »

well for those of us who do play on pogo still mate we would greatly appreciate if you can fix it for us. so please do if you have time. thx.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

There is nothing to fix in YaYp because is not broken.

The servers that YaYp uses to verify the date are temporary down. As soon as these servers come back on-line, YaYp will start working again.

The only other solution is to remove the expiration, which I WONT as I explained in another topic.

Go have some fun outside, exercise your muscles, check again in a week if YaYp started to work.

You say there is "a lot" of guys missing YaYp but I see you are the only one posting here, makes me wonder.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

matematiko wrote:Go have some fun outside, exercise your muscles, check again in a week if YaYp started to work.

This

PoWerPCz

Post by PoWerPCz »

I just checked the servers that Yayp uses it looks like it might be awhile, that's if they even come back up, sorry about your luck Ninja. I told you that you shouldn't of built them computers for Yayp lol

Ninja
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ninja »

yayp isworking. and the computers were built for me for basic purposes not just for yayp. I have my daily pc and media pc then I built a gaming pc for all kinds of games. but I am glad yayp works again.

Ninja
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ninja »

idk mate sometimes people are shy or don't like to post. as for me I have a vwery busy life but autochess is a big hobby of mine and I love it so that's why ive posted a lot asking you about it..i do hope in the future that maybe some select people can have a copy that doesent expire =/ I do know u said t his copy will still have another year on it at January because you setr it for 2 years.either way ty for your hard work guys. I can post the names of the people ive played in the past few days if you like and I know they were using yayp. and I know they wernt louie because ive talked to him although I havew played him a lot since yayp started working. time for bed. nitte mate, dene, rj and all other important ppl. also rj the reason weve only played twice is because you always crash when we play then it makes yayp crasy. then the last time we playweyed where it actually worked I won like 8 to 1. which obv I know you wernt playing at your best you evwen mentioned that. but I nee d to get a raid card for my other pc. so rite now just the one. anyways nite everyone.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Yeah! YaYp is back after "Pogo" fixed what it had damaged lol.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

The server which YaYp uses to verify the date is now back up, that is all. YaYp was never broken.

Regards

adam

Post by adam »

help me guys....whenever i try to make table yayp (1.1.8) is closed by pogo....saying" an existing connection was forcibly closed by remote..." it makes impossible for me to use yayp for autoplay....very irritating this is.!!!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Well, if you start YaYp the correct way, meaning with a batch file that includes the "/k", the dos prompt should remain open. In this case you should be able to see an error. If you do not know what I mean by "/k" please go read the documentation.

Please observe that by responding to your post I am not implying that I will fix the problem (assuming there is a problem).

Once you have an error description others might be able to help.

Regards,

PS The error message you mentioned, is generated by Winboard, not by YaYp.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

x44

Post by x44 »

ok i download yayp but why i cant connect? after i click winboard with polyglot

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

x44 wrote:ok i download yayp but why i cant connect? after i click winboard with polyglot
You have to start YAYp first and follow steps all the way until YaYp is "Waiting for Winboard connection" , then you start Winboard with polyglot. Read the documentation please.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

adam

Post by adam »

Hi,

I already read the documentation and i can log in to pogo but the problem is that whenever i try to join someone (say table 1) by hitting command "play 1" it says asking the host if i can join...here arises the problem...if i wanna go out...i type unobs...nothing happens.it looks like yayp not working (frozen)...(no command works at that moment)

In another case, if i create table by typing "create w" now a window pops up and i choose my options here and as i click ok yayp is closed with message " an existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host". or "Connection closed by ICS"

And i see the following in yayp command window:-

fics% create w
You are now observing game 1.
fics% Game options transfered to table 001.
fics% Table 1: XYZ (1500) sits down as whites.
fics%
Script says: WARNING: Table opcode "531" not implemented.
Script says: Attempting to extract 300 bytes for analysis:

AD
6F
2D
6C
etc....

can u sort this one out plz?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

OK... Now you give more information, that will be helpful.

I am going to try to install YaYp tonite and see if the problem repeats on my end.

What version are you using? And were you downloaded from?

Please not that your statement is incorrect about:

Code: Select all

And i see the following in yayp command window:-

fics% create w
You are now observing game 1.
fics% Game options transfered to table 001.
fics% Table 1: XYZ (1500) sits down as whites.
fics% 
That is the "ICS Interaction" window and belongs to Winboard, not YaYp.

Please also observe that YaYp has not been supported at all in years, if I am taking a look at this is just because I am bored, well why not admitt it? And because Yahoo Chess is down and might never come back.

Regards,

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

OK,

I downloaded the public executable and I am having the same problem as you.

I will now install perl and fire up the personal script with perl.

I do suspect that is going to fail also... it seems that maybe pogo changed something, if this is the case it might take a while to find a solution.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,