YaYp to be Abandoned

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

YaYp to be Abandoned

Post by matematiko »

Hello all,

It does not give us pleasure to make this announcement.

Because we as developers can not foresee everything, there was an overlooked exploit that it seems to us everybody is using now. Turning off the warnings. Of course we wont explain how this is done, since everybody knows anyways. This is cheating on our book and we did not spend all this time creating a cheating program.

We are very disappointed about this.

YaYp will expire soon, unless someone hacks it, which we doubt (take this as a challenge you hackers wanna be mothefokas) that will be it....no new more versions.

Forgive us for bringing YaYp to you and then take it away, but things are the way they are......it was supposed to be used...not abused.

So.... looks like all there is left is PCA for POGO and of course all those scripts for Yahoo.

All of you have a nice evening.

Regards,

The "Of whatever is left Team"
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YaYp to be Abandoned

Post by Waldemar »

I hope you dont get booted there !
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Well....eventually Yahoo will be fixed...just a matter of time....So, that is good.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Hi all,

We had a chat and have decided development on YaYp will continue.

Unfortunately any new YaYp.exe will be given only to selected users (of our own choice), and will not be available as a full public release,.. so when the current public release expires... thats it.

Any YaYp.exe given to selected users will work only for a speciic ID (of their own choice) and will come with a 1 month expiration date.

We are sorry it has come to this, but we feel this is the best way we can prevent our work from being abused by cheaters in the future.

Regards

The 'Ultimate Team

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Dene where have you been? You Ok?
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

legogames wrote:do you PM the selected users?
Yes we will contact anyone selected when a new YaYp exe is available. Anyone is welcome to put in a request to us, but it doesnt mean they will necessarily get one.

In the mean time YaYp users can continue to enjoy using the public release which hasnt expired yet. Note: We may be monitoring pogo chess regularly trying to work out which known users are cheating by turning off warning messages ... obviously these users will not be selected to use any future YaYp exe :mrgreen:

XsupremeX wrote:Dene where have you been? You Ok?
Hi bud, ... Im fine, thanks for asking. Ive been a little busy here, no time for chess the last couple of months,... i'll try and find time to play a few games in pogo chess soon though :ok

Cheers

Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Darklord42 »

This is very sad that it has had to come to this. :( I hope this new strategy works out for you all. But you plan on compiling a new version every month now? I see why but that is going to be difficult for you, what with all that obfuscation involved

automobile

Post by automobile »

Yes, there will always be somebody that can out-do even the greatest! I know as I can attest. It was a good try and I might add that you could of involved the help of Chris Brown (UK). Sorry that this YaYp was exploited by some. But...Live by the sword, die by it as well. Good luck in your next venture. I always did tell you that YaYp has too many variables in it for play at pogo and it is way too exploitable.

Ninja
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ninja »

i think thats unfair to cancle yayp wen weve done nothing wrong.
so your saying in order to get updated copies of yayp they wil only last for a month?
and we can only use one name? that rite there is unfair . why cant we use any name we choose?
i myself have lots of names and like to switch it up. there are many people on pogo who are shady and block people or ban names. so your saying my name gets banned from someone who gets mad because im btr then them and now icant use yayp ?
so what do we need to do to get this new yayp and how does it work?
what the differences?

i myself have youse the same yayp from the beggining and i have seen no improvments in terms of playing strength or anything. yeah its alittle anoying putting in a port number. but i tried 1.1.3 on a different pc of mine and see now differnence in how it plays

i seen someone with 1.1.6 today. is that one of the new ones???

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Well.....since is (or was) FREE, it does not have to be fair.

But, relax...we will think of something, the exploit is fixed we just have not make a release for the reason that we were disappointed that most user were disabling the WARNINGS.

If we witness a change in people's behavior then we might make a new public release before YaYp expires.

***********************************************************************************************
Yes, there will always be somebody that can out-do even the greatest! I know as I can attest. It was a good try and I might add that you could of involved the help of Chris Brown (UK). Sorry that this YaYp was exploited by some. But...Live by the sword, die by it as well. Good luck in your next venture. I always did tell you that YaYp has too many variables in it for play at pogo and it is way too exploitable.
:hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh

What is this guy talking about?
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

matematiko wrote:
:hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh :hhh

What is this guy talking about?

I have no idea :hhh

Ninja
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ninja »

ok thank you
i have been telling people every time im on pogo to please use yayp fairly and not disable.

i for one personally have seen MANY more people using yayp in pogo so i think for the most part the problem is fixed.

i know as far as im concerned yayp is the best and i for one am VERY thankfull to dene and everyone of the yayp team for their hard work on yayp and i hope and pray that you all decided to keep making yayp public release =)

its the greatest and auto chess is my passion and hobby and i love it.

so please and preety please continue yayp cus it ROCKZ !!!

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

matematiko wrote:Hello all,

It does not give us pleasure to make this announcement.

Because we as developers can not foresee everything, there was an overlooked exploit that it seems to us everybody is using now. Turning off the warnings. Of course we wont explain how this is done, since everybody knows anyways. This is cheating on our book and we did not spend all this time creating a cheating program.

We are very disappointed about this.

YaYp will expire soon, unless someone hacks it, which we doubt (take this as a challenge you hackers wanna be mothefokas) that will be it....no new more versions.

Forgive us for bringing YaYp to you and then take it away, but things are the way they are......it was supposed to be used...not abused.

So.... looks like all there is left is PCA for POGO and of course all those scripts for Yahoo.

All of you have a nice evening.

Regards,

The "Of whatever is left Team"
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin