ICS Interaction Window Automatic Messages

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
apueb008

ICS Interaction Window Automatic Messages

Post by apueb008 »

Is there any way to disable the automatic messages from the engine?

the messages I'm talking about are "Good Game", or the infamous, "Hello (player that joined) I only play against programs" messages.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: ICS Interaction Window Automatic Messages

Post by dene »

No

apueb008

Post by apueb008 »

I doubt that, as I have played vs others that have it disabled... 8)

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

They are using something else like PCA then.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

apueb008 wrote:Is there any way to disable the automatic messages from the engine?

the messages I'm talking about are "Good Game", or the infamous, "Hello (player that joined) I only play against programs" messages.

Infamous? Infamous are those people that want to disable these auto-messages to cheat against human players.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

apueb008

Post by apueb008 »

matematiko wrote:
apueb008 wrote:Is there any way to disable the automatic messages from the engine?

Infamous? Infamous are those people that want to disable these auto-messages to cheat against human players.
Actually no. Your assumption is incorrect. Infamous to the point, because in my opinion, is just ANNOYING as all hell.

Also, is there Any way to change the default channel ICS joins?? ( A Clockwork Orange )

Thanks

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I know is annoying, I hate it myself. If POGO will create a room called "Engine Room" or "Programs Room" or something similar, I will change the default room to that room and remove the auto-messages since they won't be necessary.But, until this happens (if ever), those auto messages are going to stay, this with the intention to give human players some sort of warning.

The pogo auto chess community is very small, just a handful of people. If YaYp will have the capability to join different rooms, these few little people will be scattered all over the place. The default room is a well known room for engine users, therefor that is the only room available and this will not change either in the near future.

You are right I jumped to conclusions very quickly, but by experience I know that most people that wants to remove the auto messages have only one intention: cheat.

I hope you understand this, and also hope you understand that when our work or part of it is classified as "infamous" I will be prompt to defend it and easily jump to conclusions.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

apueb008 wrote:Infamous to the point, because in my opinion, is just ANNOYING as all hell.
If you find this ANNOYING, you could always use something else to autoplay.

Heres a link to another autochess program without the features you find annoying...

http://www.playbuddy.com/chess.php

:mrgreen:

Regards