YaY for POGO chess (YaYp) is in the works.

An ICS Emulator for POGO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

YaY for POGO chess (YaYp) is in the works.

Post by matematiko »

To all our members,

This is not an annoucement for a feature release.

Just letting you all know that this project is alive and moving forward.

After many sleepless nights and hitting our heads against the the wall :crasha , the communications protocol has been finally broken. :ok

At present, we have a script that succesfully logs in and stays logged in indefenetly.
This is script does not do nothing yet. Can't shout, can't create tables, etc.

A great effort is being put into understanding POGO's opcodes and implementing subroutines accordingly, so hopefully in the near future (months for sure) there will be a fully functional script, but this is not a promise, lots of things can happen to make us stop development (hopefully not). Even if and when a functinal script is produced, we still need to check if POGO offers less lag than Yahoo and/or a timestamp scheme which Yahoo does not have.

If POGO chess turns out not to be the place we think it is, then there will not be a release, Why? There are so many few of us and there is not need to devide our presence in two different places.

Let's all hope the project produces a functional script soon, and that POGO is a good place to play at.

We will keep you posted if there is mayor developments.

Cheers,

YaY Ultimate Team
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

il_konte

Re: YaY for POGO chess (YaYp) is in the works.

Post by il_konte »

matematiko wrote:After many sleepless nights and hitting our heads against the the wall , the communications protocol has been finally broken.
these are very good news,congratulations :Bravo :Bravo

matematiko wrote:There are so many few of us and there is not need to devide our presence in two different places.
and this is the most important reason i think,because most of us are not famigliar with this server, and i personally dont even have a nick right there :) ,but as the people that plays there said that there is a minor lag,so it will be nice.
make my congratulations again to YaY Ultimate Team :ok :Bravo :Bravo

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

il_konte wrote: and this is the most important reason i think,because most of us are not famigliar with this server, and i personally dont even have a nick right there :) ,but as the people that plays there said that there is a minor lag,so it will be nice.
make my congratulations again to YaY Ultimate Team :ok :Bravo :Bravo
Well, we are few months away from a public release...but is time for those interested to start creating some screen names (as they are called in POGO)....cheers

YaY Ultimate Team
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Good work Mate! I really hope this pogo site be worthy for all your efforts and time. :Bravo

The question is: What room shall we enter when YaYp be released? Advanced, Expert or Master room to find YaYp users? hehehehe. Just wondering! :mrgreen: Dont get it serious! :mrgreen:
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:Good work Mate! I really hope this pogo site be worthy for all your efforts and time. :Bravo

The question is: What room shall we enter when YaYp be released? Advanced, Expert or Master room to find YaYp users? hehehehe. Just wondering! :mrgreen: Dont get it serious! :mrgreen:
Well according to dene, most program users hang in the room called "A Clockwork Orange", which is in the advance section.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Thx! I went there some minutes ago. Advanced section is where most red players go. Always full. No problem to YaY. :ok
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

IntelCore2Duo

Post by IntelCore2Duo »

matematiko wrote:
XsupremeX wrote:Good work Mate! I really hope this pogo site be worthy for all your efforts and time. :Bravo

Well according to dene, most program users hang in the room called "A Clockwork Orange", which is in the advance section.

Cheers,
I can concur with Dene. I have played engine chess in the room clockwork orange for 2 years or more now, this is the equivalent of yahoo's advanced room.

Pogo is a great site to play chess you will all see how fun it is. I hope the developers have fun building the pogo auto, I am here for any help needed along the way.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

PogoPro wrote: I am coolnite aka DaShaun. I have coded these auto's in pogo clockwork orange for over 7 years now. I always look forward to the challenges that come.

Excellent!

I look forward to playing you at 1/0 in the near future! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

UPDATE DEC. 18, 2009

YaYp is now playing games in POGO :ok

Still highly unstable :crasha because still there are lots of opcodes to discover/implement and many other things to do.

For those planning on using YaYp, we suggest you start creating your POGO IDs (or screen names as they call them there) and start stopping by and getting used to their interface/looks/feeling because is way diferent that Yahoo.

It is confirmed now that pogo compensates for lag, so this will be a better site to auto-play chess for those with excesive lag.

Cheers,

YaY Ultimate Team
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Junkee

Post by Junkee »

matematiko wrote:UPDATE DEC. 18, 2009

Still highly unstable :crasha because still there are lots of opcodes to discover/implement and many other things to do.

For those planning on using YaYp, we suggest you start creating your POGO IDs (or screen names as they call them there) and start stopping by and getting used to their interface/looks/feeling because is way diferent that Yahoo.

It is confirmed now that pogo compensates for lag, so this will be a better site to auto-play chess for those with excesive lag.

Cheers,

YaY Ultimate Team
You were playing with me in pogo for like an hour, and it was wonderful to watch you autoplay, it was super fast the autoplayer yay keep the up the good, get it all fixed we are waiting for it to be released, good job.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

PogoPro wrote:
matematiko wrote:UPDATE DEC. 18, 2009

Cheers,

YaY Ultimate Team
Play me :)
I'll be more than happy to play you once we have completed YaYp.. I look forward to it :ok

At the moment its far from completed, and tests are being done using slower pc and old opening books. This is because at the moment our goal is not to win games but to find missing opcodes, and find bugs and fix them.

Once we have a fully working stable script, then we will start playing to win, and i'll bring out my fastest pc and best private hand tuned opening book.

:)

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

PogoPro wrote: From what I hear there are a few more months to go on this? I'm not sure who's coding this but a few months is long for a simple program that should take a most 2 weeks? with 3-5 days to sort out for bugs.
To begin with, YaYp is not a simple program. It will have an acurate 'room state' which will allow the user to accomplish meany things: like finding a specific timer games with a simple command. To show all the users and their rating with a simple command. To show a list of all the active games, and the list goes on and on. YaYp will not need a "scout" ID to be able to see what is going on in the room and/or the table.

Contrary to other program I've seen that everything needs to be accomplish thru a bunch of clicks, YaYp will be able to accept commands from the user.

YaYp will be able to use WinBoard (and consecuently polyglot, polyglot bin books, CTG books thru an adapter, etc). Also YaYp will be able to use any Chessbase program and maybe we will add support for ARENA. YaYp will be free and available to the public, therefor we are aiming for quality, not a quick release.

Secondly, you have to be kidding about the two weeks, unless you are a POGO employee, a POGO ex-employee or someone from POGO gave you the POGO protocol.

Thirdly, If it only takes two weeks, why you said you had been coding for seven years?

And finally, what is the point of your comment? Why are you trying to put us down? We have not done anything to you. If you want to start a war in and out of POGO just let us now, it will take a while to catch up but we will get there.

Additionally, we are coding as a hobby, we are no programmers by trade neither have any sort of formal training. So if it makes you feel superior because it is taking us long, well so be it, congratulation to you for coding the program in two weeks.

Cheers,

P.S. While we finish YaYp (months for sure), you are welcome to come to Yahoo (If you dare) and play against us there. To tell you the truth, the last thing we need is a war, but if you continue with you unnecessary comments, rest assure you gonna get it from us. Take this whole comment as it best suits you, your call.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Wooooh ... hold ya horses there.

As I already mentioned in previous post, Im testing on older hardware and not even using an up to date book. Reason? Because winning games is not the goal at moment, I have no interest in that untill the script is stable.. its not what we are in pogochess for right now.

I dont understand why you thought that result ment anything and bothered posting here? As I said in previous post, as soon as the script is ready I'll be happy to join you for a match of equal games from each seat each, then sure you can post the results if you like ;-) ... please dont read anything into any games you play Vs YaYp at the moment while our script is crippled. -For the record some of my personal testing is done on my old slow singlecore laptop, and the rest on my older slower pc.

If you cant wait until YaYp is ready and We start using our fastest computers and best books playing to win, you could always join me for a match on yahoo chess right now. YaY is free to download here and you can connect fritz if you like :ok
....otherwsie have patience!

PS After 1 loss as blacks using a crippled script on my old computer using an out of date opening book, ..from what I saw ...im not worried either :ok

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

You could be right it seems :Bravo
However Im going to give him/her the benefit of the dought this time. I would rather eveyone tries to get along in pogo chess if possible so we can have some good friendly program battles between us all :ok

lets see how things go anyway...

ScottishCompetitor

Post by ScottishCompetitor »

it is chris. Remmember all the talks we had about women etc on MSN and the times you were in the military etc? As for finishing up on college, I still am, but I have a break over xmas.