New Offical Winboard/XBoard 4.4.2!

All related to WinBoard
Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

New Offical Winboard/XBoard 4.4.2!

Post by Darklord42 »

Well, it finally happened heck froze over and a new official version of Winboard was released! It incorporates all the changes made in WinboardX and H.G. Muller's branch as well as a whole bunch of new stuff. Or rather your a nitpicker, H.G. Muller's branch which built off of WinboardX has now been officially endorsed as the official stable build. :)

See here for more info.

Official Xboard Page
Last edited by Darklord42 on 03 Feb 2010 03:57, edited 1 time in total.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: New Offical Winboard/XBoard 4.4.0!

Post by Waldemar »

Winboard 4.4.1

WinBoard 4.4.1 allows you to open chat windows in ICS play, which are dedicated to conversation with a single other ICS user or a specified channel. It also fixes the premove (so that you can again enter recaptures as premoves in ICS play), and some bugs in the GUI book. Many other small bugs were fixed as well, in particular bugs affecting ICS play (such as keeping the engine in sync during examining a game). A new -keepAlive option can periodically send a "date" command to the ICS to prevent you from being timed out (do not use frivolously!).

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/WinBo ... -4.4.1.exe
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: New Offical Winboard/XBoard 4.4.2!

Post by Darklord42 »

Winboard 4.4.2

The Xboard version has been out for a while, but they finally made a Winboard package. It contains mostly bug fixes I'm told. I can't seem to find a change-log anywhere, although I'm sure there is one included with the Xboard source code. The install package also includes Tim Mann's bugfixed version of timeseal as well.

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewt ... 19&t=50387