Winboard not play the white pieces....help me

All related to WinBoard
hassam97

Winboard not play the white pieces....help me

Post by hassam97 »

Please, my winboard not play white peaces, this message: first machine illegal move!!
Thx all

My english very bad, sorry post in incorret local.....

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Winboard not play the white peaces....help me

Post by matematiko »

hassam97 wrote:Please, my winboard not play white peaces, this message: first machine illegal move!!
Thx all

My english very bad, sorry post in incorret local.....
We are not magicians, you are not providing enough information, actually no information at all.

Was the coffee maker running?
Was it raining outside?
This happens in a Tuesday or a Wednesday?

See my point? Need to be more specific. Tell us en español...algunos de nosotros hablamos español.

Suerte
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

hassam97

Post by hassam97 »

Ok. I'm sow sorry!!

I can not play with the white pieces. When you start the game WinBoard says the move is illegal - illegal move
From black plays without problems .... I tried to uninstall the WinBoard, but still failed. I need you to tell me if the problem is in the ICU or WinBoard - Deep Rybka 3
I'm using a translator of the internet, sorry for the mistakes ..... Thanks ...

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

i think the possibilitys of this solution are 2,

1) book corrupted, sugestion:change the bin book
2) the polyglot ini its not ok,to get a good one take a look here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=446

hope it helps!

hassam97

Post by hassam97 »

My UCI is chessbase. Deep Rybka 3. Don Book 6.1. Ctg not. Bin
Not use polyglot, my engine is rybka 3 64
Since replacing WinBoard, and does not help get the message illegal move a1-a1 .......... Playing from black all right, normal wheel ...... Thanks

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

ok so what i still think is that the book coud have some problems,did you try any other ctg to see if they do the same?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

In WinBoard, are you using winboard232d.exe as your firsd chess program?

Are you in Auto232 1.0 mode in your Chessbase GUI?

In chessbase gui, have you make the convertion from the rybka exe to whatever Chessbase converts it to.

Have you follow all the steps exactly as explain in the tutorial? If so, what tutorial are you following?

I am 100% sure the problem is something you are doing wrong.....why don't you retrace your steps...start from zero and try again this time following the steps given, more carefully. Or try a different book as il_konte suggested....it is very possible that the book is corrupted and the first move in an invalid move, like e2e5, kc4......etc

Good luck
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

hassam97

Post by hassam97 »

Initially grateful
all. Already swapped the book, and it happens with all of them. Sometimes playing the white pieces, but in most cases not play ...... the weather starts to score, but does not play ..... I reinstalled again, but really no way. Yesterday, when I played in adv. 2, yahoo, another friend who wore YaY also had the problem, said he did not know what it is ..
Understand what is happening with more people who use chessbase ......

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Some time ago, YaY implemented a feature called autoautostart and what it does is that requests a start as soon as the game ends. Because chessbase users go thru an extra adaptor to reach the engine, sometimes the engine is not initialized after the game begins. This is a problem that we had never been able to pin-point, and probably never will because this problem does not happen in polyglot and we, the YaY developers, only use polyglot.

Now, the problem mentioned above it does not happen all the time, and most important, it nevers gives the "invalid move" error. So I insist, you are doing something wrong. Try one more time, redo everything, read instructions carefully. If you still having problems, I might be able to help you thru Windows Messenger Remote Assistance, usually I never offer this kind of help because I want users to try real hard first. If this is what you want to do, PM me your Windows Messenger ID.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

or try to download the latests update of the GUI

http://www.autochess.com/forum/latest-f ... -t896.html

hassam97

Post by hassam97 »

Ok I'm really grateful. The remote access there would be no problem, but also I like challenges. I'll try to uninstall and install again. If not, we will make new contacts for remote access.
I am very grateful for the team YaY, true friends who work for the general welfare. The YaY, unlike that "SOME people" talk, is an option for leisure and entertainment. A smart program, very well developed. Obviously this is not to "trick" the human, as unfortunately some users are blocking the warning. But when the User is warned that the program, and still ssim defies the human machine, there is growth in the level of that gambling, which after all, is improving his game.
Many thanks to all staff YaY. Abraço

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

You are very welcome.

By the way, in the latest version 3.2.2, there is no way to turn warnings off.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

hassam97

Post by hassam97 »

Thx all.............