winboard with polyglot.

All related to WinBoard
quade1337
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

winboard with polyglot.

Post by quade1337 »

I set up everything fine. It connects to the server. But when i try to start a game the bot wont play and make moves.

NVM I GOT IT!!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: winboard with polyglot.

Post by matematiko »

What was the problem? The zippy option /zp maybe? Please share.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

quade1337
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by quade1337 »

NVM i solved it. I just needed to add quotes in one of the entries.

rusbrasil

Post by rusbrasil »

I would like I would know how make work my Rybka 3 program with the aid of Winboard on the site ICC? Thanks for your answer.

Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Darklord42 »

With servers like ICC and FICS you need to create an account dedicated to be a computer player lest it be considered cheating and be banned. But the thing is, there already are a whole bunch of computer players like Rybka and Crafty and they certainly don't need duplicates. Most people who use autochess on those servers are people who like to program their own engines and play them against other engine creators. If you want to compete autochess wise the community uses YaY to play at Yahoo, and possibly soon Pogo.

All that being said, for academic reasons, all you need to do is add /zp command to the line launching ICC or whatever, and whatever you have selected as your first chess engine will be used on the ICS.