autoKibitz feature

All related to WinBoard
Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

autoKibitz feature

Post by Darklord42 »

In ICS's such as Freechess.org engines have the ability to relay their PV info into the kibitz chat.
With the winboard/xboard autoKibitz feature, winboard has the ability to take that info and stick it into the Engine Output window which would then display the data as if it were a local engine being played.

It certainly is an interesting feature with a lot of possibilities for your online tournaments. Perhaps one of these days you might consider incorporating the ability for chess engines to Kibitz their PV info in YaYp. Honestly I'm not sure how this is done normally but definitely food for thought.

jhone001

Re: autoKibitz feature

Post by jhone001 »

I would like to say something about auto kibitzing in the engine room. many people including myself have noticed that there are some players who are using programs (software) to automatically kibitz thousands and thousands of games in the engine room. i am not saying that kibitzing should not be allowed, but it is very different when a human is kibitzing instead of a software. i believe that many good players don't like this and personally i don't like it when i am spending hours and hours in front of my computer, analyzing my games, improving my book, and another player is gathering my games and of course other peoples' games so easily with a software. it is not fair and i think many agree with me.

Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Darklord42 »

Kibitzing only happens if you are part of the game, on FICS or in Yay(p) terms if you are in the same room as the game playing. As such it isn't flooding any channels unless you are observing the game. In FICS land kibitzing is reserved for chess programs to relay such info, and whispers are used to talk between players. If you don't want to see such info then don't observe the channel.

If there is spamming of messages happening then it's not "kibitz" sounds like something is "shouting"

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

jhone001, are you talking about PCC? Many people are there to collect all engine x engine games they can using softwares or not. So, you dont like sharing your games? Well, in PCC engine room you have to live with that !!!
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

All,

jhone001<----This individual came and posted four useless posts exactly two minutes apart from each other. And the the day before someone did the same. Obviously these individuals are spammers and their comments can be safely ignored because they won't lead to a useful conversation.

Regards,

P.S. If they do it again, I mean posting consecutively, they should be banned.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

elcriollito

Post by elcriollito »

With people like this jhone001 knowledment will be stuck in the same stage, We need people like Nikola Tesla who donate all his patent and invent to our digital age;
Perfection come when there is always room to improve, to double check our lines and come with new ideas, new tactic, this is why chess libray It is so huge.

We the chess lover have to make the diferent betewn Us and the rest of the world, We are the smartest on the sport world
"The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Tartakover -
https://t.me/ChessEnginesTournaments