How to enter in french yahoo rooms with chessbuddy 2.5?

lautre

How to enter in french yahoo rooms with chessbuddy 2.5?

Post by lautre »

Hi.
Please, can someone explains me how to enter in french rooms (café des étoiles) with chessbuddy 2.5?:twisted
thanks.
lautre

eliasgino2007
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: How to enter in french yahoo rooms with chessbuddy 2.5?

Post by eliasgino2007 »

lautre wrote:Hi.
Please, can someone explains me how to enter in french rooms (café des étoiles) with chessbuddy 2.5?:twisted
thanks.
lautre
Hi lautre, 8)

To insert new rooms, you to know to work with programming of softwares, so that you obtain to change the original codes of the Chess Buddy for new codes with new rooms!!!

By eliasgino2007! :ok

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

eliasgino2007 wrote:
lautre wrote:Hi.
thanks.
lautre
Hi lautre, 8)

To insert new rooms, you to know to work with programming of softwares, so that you obtain to change the original codes of the Chess Buddy for new codes with new rooms!!!

By eliasgino2007! :ok
Hi eliasgino!
please, where the original room codes of chessbuddy can be found!
in the other hand i'm still wating for you! thanks a lot.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Chessbudy main program is an exe (executable file). Exe files are first built in a source files using a programming language like Visual Basic, Delphi, C#, C++ and then compiled into executables.

So, in order to add the french rooms you need the source code files(which I don't see how you can get them without being part of Chessbuddy programing body), then you will need to know what you are doing, in other words you need to know the programming language used, then you need to modify the code to add these rooms and then you'll need to recompile it.

In my opinion, adding these rooms to chessbuddy is not worth the effort. Chess puffy, I mean, chess buddy is the worst of the yahoo autochess programs: 64 bits engines don't work and you are limited to use the crapy opening book they provide.

If you don't want to ( or don't know how to) deal with the burden of using the free scripts (STUCI, YaY or YtoICS Reborn) in combination with either Chessbase programs (like Fritz) or POLYGLOT, then I suggest you use Chessy.

Chessy is free, the source code is available and have more options.

In case you need the french room codes:

Café des étoiles=chess_fr
La planète échiquéenne=chess_fr_b
L'Échec en blanc=chess_fr_c
Roque amateur=chess_fr_d
Prise en passant=yahoo_1016632059
Gambit Roi=yahoo_1016632110
Le monde des K=yahoo_1016632153
Le Sanctuaire=yahoo_1086084702

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

mocha_1961
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by mocha_1961 »

In my opinion, adding these rooms to chessbuddy is not worth the effort. Chess puffy, I mean, chess buddy is the worst of the yahoo autochess programs: 64 bits engines don't work and you are limited to use the crapy opening book they provide.

good sense of rumor. i mean humor. :hhh :hhh :hhh
No matter how strong and dedicated a leader may be, he must find root and strength amongst the people.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

mocha_1961 wrote:good sense of rumor. i mean humor. :hhh :hhh :hhh
I am glad some one noticed !!!!!!!
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

matematiko wrote:Chessbudy main program is an exe (executable file). Exe files are first built in a source files using a programming language like Visual Basic, Delphi, C#, C++ and then compiled into executables.

So, in order to add the french rooms you need the source code files(which I don't see how you can get them without being part of Chessbuddy programing body), then you will need to know what you are doing, in other words you need to know the programming language used, then you need to modify the code to add these rooms and then you'll need to recompile it.

If you don't want to ( or don't know how to) deal with the burden of using the free scripts (STUCI, YaY or YtoICS Reborn) in combination with either Chessbase programs (like Fritz) or POLYGLOT, then I suggest you use Chessy.

Chessy is free, the source code is available and have more options.

In case you need the french room codes:

Café des étoiles=chess_fr
La planète échiquéenne=chess_fr_b
L'Échec en blanc=chess_fr_c
Roque amateur=chess_fr_d
Prise en passant=yahoo_1016632059
Gambit Roi=yahoo_1016632110
Le monde des K=yahoo_1016632153
Le Sanctuaire=yahoo_1086084702

Good luck,
Hi matematiko!
thank you for the answer. you are all right matematiko, it doesn't worth to look for these codes! on the other hand, does chessy work as chesspuffy?: no need of chessbase , u can play manually or auto etc...!
have a good day and thanks again! tue_mouche.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I had barely used Chessy, but if I remember correctly, it let you type in the room code, specify the engine and what not. You will have to discover chessy capabilities by yourself.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,