Nalimov 6-men Chess Endgame Tablebases

Anything related to databases, sharing, download links, etc.
Forum rules
Only legal databases
elcriollito

Post by elcriollito »

I don't see the right place where to post this great link for others take the oportunity to upgrade its engame tablebases

http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/tablebases-online/

Title Nalimov 6-men Chess Endgame Tablebases

Chess endgame tablebase is a database of all positions with certain set of pieces. Using such database one can know whether a position is won, lost, or drawn, and therefore one can play perfect moves.

Nalimov format tablebases are currently a standard in computer chess. Dozens of chess programs are able to access them and play perfect endgame.

This release contains Nalimov format tablebases for all endgames with 6 pieces. 3, 4 and 5-men tablebases are available as separeate releases.

Historically Nalimov Tablebases were computed by Eugene Nalimov and distributed by Robert Hyatt via FTP. Gradually Nalimov was releasing more and more gigabytes of 6-men tablebases and at some point Bob's FTP could not handle the load. 6-men tablebases were removed from FTP and disappeared from online space. The only way to get them was by personal communication with other chess fans.

In November 2005 several enthusiasts started a project to find and share all surviving tablebases. Many people joined contributing files they managed to save. At the same time Nalimov was continuing to release new 6-men tablebases that were now shared via this project.

In August 2006 the last 6-men tablebases were computed, completing the 3-to-6-men tablebase collection of about 1.2 Terabytes. Thanks to community support, the whole collection is now freely available online on eD2K/KAD network.

Filename Size Downloads
Download complete release as eMule-Collection (Get All Files)

examples

kbbbkb.nbb.emd [QuickLink] 218.8 MB 1713
kbbbkb.nbw.emd [QuickLink] 179.12 MB 911
kbbbkn.nbb.emd [QuickLink] 453.98 MB 850
kbbbkn.nbw.emd [QuickLink] 227.64 MB 942

there is more ...engame table bases there
"The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Tartakover -
https://t.me/ChessEnginesTournaments

Toga121par

Re: Nalimov 6-men Chess Endgame Tablebases

Post by Toga121par »

Kirill Kryukov is one guy that supports/hosts the chess endgame databses. Visit and join his endgame database forum here for updates: http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/discussi ... um.php?f=6

You can keep busy from my friend Daniel Charles, with lots of links to choose from:
http://www.superchessengine.com/tablebase.htm

Norm Pollock also hosts large endgame databases, opening books, games, etc. on his new site. check it out. here: http://www.enginechess.com/

Better prepare a big hardisk for the files :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Hola Toga! When I use my prog vs prog at Yahoo it goes well but in the end of the game when I think there will be a draw it starts to lose pieces. Has it anything about the endgame files you posted? I downloaded them but I don't know how to use or insert in my .ctg file, sure if it is possible to do! My problem makes sense? :roll:
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Happy_Day_Scenario

Post by Happy_Day_Scenario »

xsupremex wrote:Hola Toga! When I use my prog vs prog at Yahoo it goes well but in the end of the game when I think there will be a draw it starts to lose pieces. Has it anything about the endgame files you posted? I downloaded them but I don't know how to use or insert in my .ctg file, sure if it is possible to do! My problem makes sense? :roll:
HOLA!
Put those 6-men tbs in my documents/chessbase/bases.Locate in fritz 10 tools>options>tablesbases.And select path .You wont lose many games if you use them .

:ok

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Cool Happy_Day_Scenario, thanks for your explanation :lol: I'll do this. This forum and the members here are making this site each day better and better :Bravo
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

xsupremex wrote:.......I downloaded them but I don't know how to use or insert in my .ctg file, sure if it is ..............
No no no no, a book will make moves automatically, anywhere from the first move up to the 35th move or even more with extremely large books without forcing the engine to think. Every GUI has his own opening book formats: Winboard uses *.bin, chessbase(yours) uses *.ctg, arena uses something else.

But the Nalimov engame tablebases are something else, they are not part of the book, they use a completly different format to store moves and scores.

The only thing these endgame tablebases have in common: they take the engine out of the picture, the book at the begining of the game and the tablebases at the end of the game.

So,

1.- You can not merge ctg books with the engame tablebases,

2.- If your endgame table bases drive the game to a loss:
a. Your book and midgame left your endgame in bad shape
and your game is destined to end in a loss. Tablebases do not
think, they just know the result of every position.
b. If your book and midgame left your endgame in good shape and
are still loosing, or seeing the tablebases making stupid moves,
then your endgame tablebases might be corrupted.

Download the tablebases only from trusted sites, and download only from places that offer a MD5 checksum
method of veryfication.

3-4-5 man tablebases can easily be generated in your own computer(assuming is fast) using a little
nifty utility taht used to be distributed by chessbase in older GUI's, its name is: TBGen.exe, and there is some other little files associated with it. Look for it and if you dont have it send a PM.

Chhers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

elcriollito

Post by elcriollito »

Another idea about endgame tablebase ,u can link the endgame tablebases 3-4-5 from chessmaster software to Fritz
just following the direction where the tablebase is on chessmaster to Fritz and this is accurate 100% no error or corruction in the tablebase,because is been check by the programer of chessmaster

the folder name is from the inside to outside like this

EGDB<Data<ChessMaster Grandmaster edition<Ubisoft<Program Files<C:<My Computer
"The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Tartakover -
https://t.me/ChessEnginesTournaments

nerd.tech
Vip Member
Vip  Member

Post by nerd.tech »

Would it be possible if someone could pm the 4-5 men tablebases in a single file?
VISIT http://www.magic-booterz.com FOR ALL YOU YAHOO/PROGRAM/HACKING NEEDS!!!!!!!!!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

That will be about 7.84 Gb
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

nerd.tech
Vip Member
Vip  Member

Post by nerd.tech »

Ya...i know....I had them b4 but switch comps and lost it and now im downloading it again (around 60 files) lol just wondering if there was an easier way thats all
VISIT http://www.magic-booterz.com FOR ALL YOU YAHOO/PROGRAM/HACKING NEEDS!!!!!!!!!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

The other easier way is to make your computer to build the databases, there is an utility by chessbase called TBGen.exe look for it in your chessbase directories and if you dont find it let me know and I'll upload it.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

nerd.tech
Vip Member
Vip  Member

Post by nerd.tech »

Could you upload it plz

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

nerd.tech
Vip Member
Vip  Member

Post by nerd.tech »

Thx man but I just finished downloading the tbs....I may break them up into a couple or so separate folders an post it on this site so its easier for members to download them but I dont know yet.

eliasgino2007
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by eliasgino2007 »

Hi matematiko, 8)

Thx for sharing this link!

Bye eliasgino2007! :ok