Nalimov 6-men Chess Endgame Tablebases

Anything related to databases, sharing, download links, etc.
Forum rules
Only legal databases
Fx7_fx5
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Nalimov 6-men Chess Endgame Tablebases

Post by Fx7_fx5 »

Assunto: Nalimov 5-33-42 is now available Torrent Hoje à(s) 10:22 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nalimov 5-33-42 is now available Torrent

http://chessmaster.tk

EGTB TORRENTS
BLOCK TORRENT
5-pieces available
33 available
33p off-line
42 available
42p off-line
5+33+42 available
6-pieces

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Nalimov Tablebases (3+4+5+6)

Post by matematiko »

I did not check this download, but to whoever is planning on downloading it, be aware that the whole set is about 1.2 Terabytes, is going to take you a long time and you might not have the necessary disk space anyways.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

goldminer999

Post by goldminer999 »

All,

Not sure whether this has already been posted but I have had some queries about which 6 man EGTBs you actually need. The important thing is that you do not need many 6 man tables. I use all 3/4/5 man tables (7Gb) and about 45Gb of the most common and most important 6 man tables - much less time to download. So my advice is to only collect the most important ie. the most frequently occurring combinations. There has been some exhaustive analysis on this and there are 365 possible 6-man combinations. If you collected just the top 20 you will have over 56% of the 6-man situations that usually happen in engine vs. engine games. If you collected the top 50, you will have over 79% of situations that occur in engine/engine matches. Also some tables are for positions that are very unlikely to ever happen so no point having them eg. any 5+1 combinations because if your engine can't mate with four pieces to a king without a TB file you need a new engine eg. KNNNNK as when would you ever have a King + 4 Knights ?? Also KRRKBB (King + 2 Rooks vs K+ 2 Bishops) happens less than once every 100,000 engine games so no need to have it.

There is a list of top 100 most frequently occurring combinations, ranked in order. If you have all of these it would cover about 92% of all 6-man combinations that actually happen in engine games - this is far more than you need . So my advice is download them in the order of most frequently occurring, from the top of this list downwards. The list is given in the first post of this thread :

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... c.php?t=59

Here is information about how to download the various 6 man tables:

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/tablebases-online/

The alternative is to download the 3/4/5 man tables (only7Gb in total) then try to find the money to buy the 6 man on DVDs from ebay from links like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... Categories

Hope this helps.

keyser_soze
Banned User
Banned User

Post by keyser_soze »

hi when i go to this address that mate posted it doesent quite work something flashes like it wants to open but then does not . is this working? i have pop ups shut off it wont open the site opens but not the download anysuggestions? it may help if it was in english for our north american white boys such as myself. or a working link perhaps? thank you. :hong

keyser_soze
Banned User
Banned User

Post by keyser_soze »

nevermind

keyser_soze
Banned User
Banned User

Post by keyser_soze »

is there a good link to dl the 6 man egtb the link mate posted i dont know what the hell it is but its not working?