Arena 3.5 Chess GUI

Fritz, Shredder, Hiarcs, etc.
Thanderbyrd
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Arena 3.5 Chess GUI

Post by Thanderbyrd »

Arena 2.5 beta ZIP (13.3 MB): Arena 2.5 beta with engines SOS, AnMon, Hermann, Ruffian, Rybka, Spike, mini book Titus 2.4 (by Kevin Frayer), mini book Olympiad, EloStat 1.3, Gaviota tablebases 3-men, Speedtest 1.0.2, help files, without setup program.
Most important changes compared to last public version 2.0.1:

* Maximum 8 engines can run at the same time instead of 3
* Tablebases
* Better compatibility to Linux/WINE
* extended options to mark the last move, e.g. with arrow
* Appearance adjusts to Windows theme

Known bugs/limitations:

* Option "Large Logos" does not work
* Operating system Windows XP or Wine 1.0 or higher necessary
* NAGs above Nr. 24 don't work

http://www.playwitharena.de/downloads/A ... 0Setup.exe
Last edited by Thanderbyrd on 11 Mar 2011 19:38, edited 3 times in total.

Zoellingam

Multi Engines

Post by Zoellingam »

Hi !

I don't know if there is already a topic about that but, I'm interested to know something.

Since 1 month, I run Houdini 3.0 Pro x64 on Arena, and go on chess websites to play against strong player.

Each time I match against an other programs (chess engine), I lose each game. I know I have not a strong computer (intel core i5), but srsly I lose each game with Houdini 3

Last night, I asked my opponents, and he said me that he run 3 engines (Hiarcs 14) on Arena and beat everyone.

I don't know if it is possible, but I would like to know it. Is it realy possible to run 3 (or more) engines on Arena to beat his opponents ?

Thanks for the answer.

(Sorry for all my grammar mistakes, english isn't my native language)

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Multi Engines

Post by Waldemar »

Easy, go to Engines >>> Manage... and choose 3 engines to run at same time like I have Houdini + Komodo + Stockfish...

4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Zoellingam

Re: Arena 3.0 Chess GUI

Post by Zoellingam »

Thank you for the anwser, but I think I made some mistake when I tried to explain my question.

When I load 3 engines, I would like these engines run together at the same time and evaluate a better option, better than if I run 1 engine.

Is it possible ? Or my opponent's was a liar ?

freddie

Post by freddie »

i dont think you can run 3 engines at same time during play.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Zoellingam wrote:Thank you for the anwser, but I think I made some mistake when I tried to explain my question.

When I load 3 engines, I would like these engines run together at the same time and evaluate a better option, better than if I run 1 engine.

Is it possible ? Or my opponent's was a liar ?
NO.... It is just not possible... The only way is to have the same engine running in parallel with copies of itself... This is already done by many engines in multi-cpu/multi-core computers.

Even it this was possible, it will be useless.. the CPU's have a limited amount of computer power, if you have many different engines thinking about the same position, the computer's power will be split among all this three engine. Then you have to deal with synchronizing what each engine is doing/thinking.

P.S. The only other way is to have something like SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) , where millions of computers are sharing tasks and results. But this is not going to be possible with a $300.00 computer.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

eliasgino2007
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Arena 3.5 Chess GUI

Post by eliasgino2007 »

Welcome all, 8)

Arena 3.5

Links:
Arena 3.5 Setup
Arena 3.5 Portable

Site Oficial

Enjoy!!!