neither "host" nor "codebase" applet parameters found

lucyanmary

neither "host" nor "codebase" applet parameters found

Post by lucyanmary »

can anyone help me with my winboard and YAY ultimate for chess base problem ? Everything is ok untill i hit shorcut of winboard 4_2_7b on my screen. After that although the fritz 11 program has connected to yay and my id has been accepted on yahoo a message like this appears : Neither host nor codebase applet parameters found.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: neither "host" nor "codebase" applet parameters found

Post by matematiko »

lucyanmary wrote:can anyone help me with my winboard and YAY ultimate for chess base problem ? Everything is ok untill i hit shorcut of winboard 4_2_7b on my screen. After that although the fritz 11 program has connected to yay and my id has been accepted on yahoo a message like this appears : Neither host nor codebase applet parameters found.
My first hunch is that you are entering an invalid code for the room you want to enter, but I tried this and YaY Ultimate exits with the error message "Fail to post test word".

The codebase is the actual URL to the chess server and usually should be http://yog80.games.scd.yahoo.com/yog

Try again and before you hit shorcut of winboard 4_2_7b on your screen, tell me exactly what you see in the dos prompt window. If you provide a picture will be better.

Also, try different room code and see how it goes.

Also, we'll be able to help you better if you tell us step by step what you are doing.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

lucyanmary

Re: neither "host" nor "codebase" applet parameters found

Post by lucyanmary »

can anyone help me with my winboard and YAY ultimate for chess base problem ? Everything is ok untill i hit shorcut of winboard 4_2_7b on my screen. After that although the fritz 11 program has connected to yay and my id has been accepted on yahoo a message like this appears : Neither host nor codebase applet parameters found.
But as i was saying in the previous post although all is done in the right way before i hit winboard 4_2_7b, after that the next text message is bothering me : neither host nor codebase applet parameters found.
In the dos prompt window appears the code : waiting for winboard connection on port 6000 .... and bellow is writing connection accepted from 127.0.0.1.
I think it should be ok but isnt. PLs help me. I dont know what should i do to send u the picture.