Book for engine tournaments ?

Zufa

Book for engine tournaments ?

Post by Zufa »

I organise engine tournaments between lot of engines. Fritz 11 GUI, and all on the same machine normally.
I have downloaded new ''My Book 22.1'' book, i think is strong, and not big like Rybka 4 CTG book that i have for reserve.(You can PM me)

QUESTION 1: Is there a problem if I set ''My Book'' for all engines (unify book option) on this tournament.
I have read that some lines in book are winning (for example) for white, and if the engine A go in this good line for him, engine B will be in losing position because he must also go in this same line with difference that he is on the losing black side ? Correct ? :warn

QUESTION 2: For this reason there is good to have book with only 10 moves, and after that 10 moves ''engine brain'' is start to working, and the game line will be correct for both sides....is there a book like that ?

QUESTION 3: Where can I ''Optimize To 0/100'' for CTG book under my FRITZ 11 GUI ? Especially when I setup engine tournaments.

Sorry if my english was bad :warn

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Book for engine tournaments ?

Post by matematiko »

Zufa wrote:QUESTION 2: For this reason there is good to have book with only 10 moves, and after that 10 moves ''engine brain'' is start to working, and the game line will be correct for both sides....is there a book like that ?
You do not need a book that only has ten half moves for each side, all you have to do is limit the depth the book moves can go to. This is easy to achieve in Fritz. Just click key F4 and I think the option I am refering to is called "Up to move", I think the default is 35...just set it to 10.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

snakes

Post by snakes »

Which opening books are good for engine vs. engine matches?

I use Arena 3.0 and Chessbase with different engines.

rachaelhart

Post by rachaelhart »

QUESTION 3: Where can I ''Optimize To 0/100'' for CTG book under my FRITZ 11 GUI ? Especially when I setup engine tournaments.

R22 = ROBOT22.rar (10,16 MB)
6 Weeks old but still Good