YaY Ultimate 3.2.2 - NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD!

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YaY Ultimate 3.2.2 - NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD!

Post by matematiko »

The source code was available in the first versions, your best bet is to find somebody who still has this old versions. Which do not work anyway. But if you are a programmer, I am sure you can fix them. Although YaY is not longer in development, the source code is private.

Good luck,

P.S. Or start from scratch with the original YtoICS, which can be found at sourceforge.net
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

blackt0wer

Post by blackt0wer »

No problem guys, I was just hoping to not have to reinvent the wheel if you catch my drift!
Cheers!

Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Darklord42 »

I once tried fiddling with it to work for wine, which can be conversely downloaded for mac as well. Unfortunately I remember the whole program would need to be tweaked in order for it to work. I don't remember exactly what was the problem was, as it was a long time ago.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

blackt0wer wrote:No problem guys, I was just hoping to not have to reinvent the wheel if you catch my drift!
Cheers!
If you use YtoICS as your starting point, you do not have to reinvent the wheel, just figure out how to add CAPTCHA support, which is not that hard with a packet sniffer.

Unfortunately, for every honest engine user there are nine cheaters who want to remove the warnings and use YaY against human players, this has been proven over and over and for this reason the code is not public.

I really which things were different, releasing the code to the public will remove the burden off me and I will go to other things knowing that there is someone else developing new versions of YaY and/or YaYp- sights-, too bad reality is not like that.

I know that if someone spends some hard time figuring things out, two things may happen:
- If that someone is a cheater, he/she will keep the program to himself/herself.
- If he/she is not a cheater, he/she will understand my point and release the program only in obfuscated/exe mode.

I can live with either one of those two outcomes, and for that reason I am giving you hints.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

blackt0wer

Post by blackt0wer »

Well to be frank, I only use YAY against computer opponents. If humans wish to play it, they're given fair warning. Experience tells me that most programs work better on linux and even though I can't easily use Windows engines (Rybka, Fritz) easily outside of a WINE container, some of the open source engines are not too terrible.

eg. Blender, a program I use for works works 80% better on linux.

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

on my compu yay 3 source code still works on perl 5.12.1 without any modification.
checked yesterday
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

will check stuci codes tomorrow
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

billy_dean

Post by billy_dean »

I downloaded this setup prog...But I really No idea how to activate it on my computer...
I use 4-CPU and win7 ultimate...
All helps will be appreciated...

billy_dean

Post by billy_dean »

billy_dean wrote:I downloaded this setup prog...But I really No idea how to activate it on my computer...
I use 4-CPU and win7 ultimate...
All helps will be appreciated...
After I installed the YaY Ult 3.2.2 and execute the program
I got a fatal error something like this....." Winboard 232.exe-pipe" file not found....
Could you please show me how to solve this problem....???
Thanksin advance...

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Please read the documentation that comes with YaY, there are guides on how to use it in the Documentation folder located inside the YaY folder on your C drive.

We took time to write these guides so please read them :-)

billy_dean

Post by billy_dean »

dene wrote:Please read the documentation that comes with YaY, there are guides on how to use it in the Documentation folder located inside the YaY folder on your C drive.

I found nothing with recpect to the :fatal error winboard232d.exe-pipe there in the tutorial....
Where can I find this missing file???

ur_check.mate

Post by ur_check.mate »

Hi mate/Dene,

Can i get the link of YaY? I lost YaY & old version didn't work.Pls send me the link

Thanks

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

billy_dean wrote:
dene wrote:Please read the documentation that comes with YaY, there are guides on how to use it in the Documentation folder located inside the YaY folder on your C drive.

I found nothing with recpect to the :fatal error winboard232d.exe-pipe there in the tutorial....
Where can I find this missing file???
The Documentation was not meant to cover every possible fatal error inflicted by users not following instructions. The documentation was made to instruct users what to do without guessing and therefore creating unecesesary fatal errors.

Read the documentation, but read it to follow instructions, do not read it hoping you gonna find an explanation for errors.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

ur_check.mate wrote:Hi mate/Dene,

Can i get the link of YaY? I lost YaY & old version didn't work.Pls send me the link

Thanks
We do not support YaY any more and therefore we do not host any files. I think XsupremeX posted a link somewhere in this forum. Look around.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

ur_check.mate wrote:Hi mate/Dene,

Thanks

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/398062104/YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash_Installation.exe