Autoplay on FICS or ICC?

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
zappa79

Autoplay on FICS or ICC?

Post by zappa79 »

Is it somehow possible to connect the Fritz 11 (Chessbase) interface to autoplay on FICS server or ICC?

Or is it possible to somehow connect it with my PPC trough internet connection?
I have Pocket fritz 3 and pocketgrandmaster 4.0.1 (Connects to FICS), so that I still can play a game on my home computer even thoug I am away from home?

Appreciate any answer I can get towards resolving this issue!

Thanks

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Autoplay on FICS or ICC?

Post by matematiko »

To connect those servers using a program first you need to have a special account. Do you have one? Is not easy to get one.

Anyway, you can try creating a Winboard shortcut with the these properties:
C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Winboard\winboard.exe /zp /ics /icshost freechess.org /icsport 5000 /icshelper=timeseal /fcp="winboard232d.exe -pipe"

Edit the shortcut base on your Winboard location.

Unfortunatelly I do not have any chessbase program installed at the moment and can not test this. Some things might need to be changed.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Yes. It is possible. Zozur told me how some days ago but you will easily be banned if you dont make a bot account. And bot account doesnt acumulate points. hehehe Unfortunally I dont have the specific line anymore.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Yes..but those are guest accounts.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

zappa79

Post by zappa79 »

xsupremex wrote:Yes. It is possible. Zozur told me how some days ago but you will easily be banned if you dont make a bot account. And bot account doesnt acumulate points. hehehe Unfortunally I dont have the specific line anymore.
I dont care about accumlating points becouse I want to use it when I am on the go to play with my home computer!
Could you please see if you could get me the instructions?

Thanks

zappa79

Post by zappa79 »

xsupremex wrote:Yes. It is possible. Zozur told me how some days ago but you will easily be banned if you dont make a bot account. And bot account doesnt acumulate points. hehehe Unfortunally I dont have the specific line anymore.
can you please contact zozur and see if you can get me the line?
It would be great help, I would need it very soon!

Thanks!

zappa79

Post by zappa79 »

matematiko wrote:To connect those servers using a program first you need to have a special account. Do you have one? Is not easy to get one.

Anyway, you can try creating a Winboard shortcut with the these properties:
C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Winboard\winboard.exe /zp /ics /icshost freechess.org /icsport 5000 /icshelper=timeseal /fcp="winboard232d.exe -pipe"

Edit the shortcut base on your Winboard location.

Unfortunatelly I do not have any chessbase program installed at the moment and can not test this. Some things might need to be changed.

Good luck,
I tried this settings but get the following error message: Could not connect to host freechess.org, port 5000: The systen cannot find the file specified.

What am I doing wrong?
Do I have to install anything else?
do I have to adjust any settings somewhere?

Thanks for any help!

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Code: Select all

C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Winboard_X\winboard_x.exe /zp /ics /icshelper timeseal.exe /icshost www.freechess.org /icsport 5000 /fcp="polyglot14w4.exe polyglot.ini" -zippyGameEnd='say thanks\nseek 1 0\n'
The winboard shortcut above worked very nice for me.

-Be sure the path corresponds to your specific path
-Be sure you have timeseal.exe installed
-Change polyglot14w4.exe to whatever the name of your polyglot is
-Be sure you use the correct polyglot.ini

-zippyGameEnd='say thanks\nseek 1 0\n'
The above part of the shortcut means that at the end of the game it is going to automatically say thanks and look for another 1 0 game...change this to your needs
-After succesfull connection, the server asks for your log in name, here you must enter "guest" without the quotes and then hit enter again, then you should type what type of timer you are seeking for example enter "seek 1 0" without the quotes. After the first game ends, the seek 1 0 (or whatever you specified)command is automatically entered
-For a better interactive experience you must learn the ICS commands, YaY has nothing to do here, YaY is not even used here.

I didnt try FRITZ cause I don't have it, but just by looking at that shortcut above it is easy to guess how the shortcut must look for FRITZ....but I aint going to type it, if you really want to use fritz there then you need to at least figure that out since the road is already paved for you, be aware that if you make fritz work there, the clocks shown in the winboard interface wont indicate the same remaining time in the fritz clocks. This is normal because winboard232d.exe (hint) does not supports timeseal.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

hehe,never used YaY with polyglot there,will try it out,what i i needed to play there was simply winboard and chessbase GUI's,.thanks for the code with YaY+polyglot :Bravo

cheers
il_konte.

zappa79

Post by zappa79 »

matematiko wrote:

C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Winboard_X\winboard_x.exe /zp /ics /icshelper timeseal.exe /icshost www.freechess.org /icsport 5000 /fcp="polyglot14w4.exe polyglot.ini" -zippyGameEnd='say thanks\nseek 1 0\n'
The winboard shortcut above worked very nice for me.

-Be sure the path corresponds to your specific path
-Be sure you have timeseal.exe installed
-Change polyglot14w4.exe to whatever the name of your polyglot is
-Be sure you use the correct polyglot.ini

-zippyGameEnd='say thanks\nseek 1 0\n'
The above part of the shortcut means that at the end of the game it is going to automatically say thanks and look for another 1 0 game...change this to your needs
-After succesfull connection, the server asks for your log in name, here you must enter "guest" without the quotes and then hit enter again, then you should type what type of timer you are seeking for example enter "seek 1 0" without the quotes. After the first game ends, the seek 1 0 (or whatever you specified)command is automatically entered
-For a better interactive experience you must learn the ICS commands, YaY has nothing to do here, YaY is not even used here.

I didnt try FRITZ cause I don't have it, but just by looking at that shortcut above it is easy to guess how the shortcut must look for FRITZ....but I aint going to type it, if you really want to use fritz there then you need to at least figure that out since the road is already paved for you, be aware that if you make fritz work there, the clocks shown in the winboard interface wont indicate the same remaining time in the fritz clocks. This is normal because winboard232d.exe (hint) does not supports timeseal.

Cheers,
Thanks, this code worked perfectly for me, the problem was that I did not have "timeseal.exe" thats why winboard closed with an error all the time!

I never sucseeded with getting it to work with chessbase fritz, but I guess that polyglot will have to do for now! :ok

Oh, I hate to ask, but do you know what the code would look like for connecting to ICC as well?
It would be great to have!

Once again thank you so much for all of your help, I could never have done this without you!

ajggonzalez

Post by ajggonzalez »

Someone is playing chess in freechess.org ?

I'm playing with the guest account luciferMaster and requesting the computer account.

Greetings.