New YaY Ultimate 3.2.1 Flash Edition Comming Soon

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: New YaY Ultimate 3.2.1 Flash Edition Comming Soon

Post by matematiko »

TheSicilian wrote:Is this new YaY Flash not working for anyone else either?
Please state what is the problem you are having....I am sure is something easy to fix...
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Aaron87747
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aaron87747 »

Well, I downloaded it and am trying to run it. There are two problems I'm having that it won't let me use it.

1) On Winboard window (many windows including ICS and chat box), it will say "Error: first chess program (polyglot.exe polyglot.ini) exited unexpectedly". It will always say that and I am unable to log in.

2) Or it will say 'winboard_x' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Hope help or some changes will come soon!
Vos aut intereo a vir , vel vos ago porro satis video vidi visum vestri fio latrocinium.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

As I explained before, we anounced the download link knowing this kind of problems were going to arise....we apologize for this. My computer is broken and only god knows when I am going to fix it. Even when it was working fine, I was having problems making the shortcuts work correctly in other computers. Anyway, I can go on and on but I gonna cut to the cheese:

This temporary solution should work for everybody that already has version 3.1.2 running:

-Back up your c:\YaY_Ultimate_3\ folder to wherever you want
-From the new folder c:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\ copy the files YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash.exe and YaY.cfg and paste them in c:\YaY_Ultimate_3\
Note: You gonna have to overwrite YaY.cfg (and later other files) and this is why I suggested to make a back up first.

-Copy all the files from C:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\Documentation and License\ and paste them in C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Documentation and License\ Again, you gonna have to overwrite some files.

-Copy winboard.ini from C:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\Winboard\ and paste it in
C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Winboard\

-Copy winboard.ini from C:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\Winboard_X\ and paste it in
C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Winboard_X\

That's it, this should it, as a matter of fact this is a good thing to do for those that which to keep using the same books, the same polyglot.ini etc that they were using with YaY 3.1.2

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

Prima

Post by Prima »

Matematiko, Dene, & Team,

Thanks for the Flash version. Words can't express my immense gratitude for this version and able to experience captchaless logins - it's very convenient to say the least.

Prima.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

You are very welcome Prima.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

jose

Post by jose »

:ok very good job yay_ultimate team, I have not experience any problems at all, everything is working perfect. thanks a lot yay team. :Bravo

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

thanks yay ultimate team for the good job :Bravo :Bravo :Bravo :Bravo :Bravo

best regards .

il_konte!!!!!

k4sparov

Post by k4sparov »

Thank you YaY Ultimate Team!!!!

And all the ppl what make this possible... Very thanks realy :ok

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I love the find command, I love the fast boot, I love the 30s to wait to pass b4 making the fool's mate, I love fasttime command, I love KibScore command, I love ignore command and finally I love profile command...

But is there a possibility of the next flash just says: Bye like it says just Hi ?

The logging out message I thought a long message! Just my opinion! :mrgreen:
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

If there is ever another Flash release, I will defenetly consider your suggestion....I don't like it myself...it was something that I was suposed to remove and forgot to do it.

Why am I saying ----> If there is ever another Flash release ?

As you might be aware, we were threatened that the flash code was going to be hacked.

Because of this we had to put at lot of effort into obfuscating the code, once obfuscated it was really hard to go back and add new things, delete stuff, correct bugs, etc. This was not a pleasant experience and defently we are not going thru this again. Actually we were about to throw the towell and forgot about a flash release, but the only reason we continued was because:1.- We promised and 2.- To show that Flash protocol was a reality and that it did not exist only in our imagination as someone once suggested.

Well, enough winning on my part. It is more feasible to add all this features you like (fastboot, fasttime, ignore, fool's mate and whatever else) into another regular
java-protocol-compatible release of YaY (4.1.1 perhaps), with source code included; than creating a new flash-protocol version. And this is probably the direction we are heading. But is gonna take a while....we are fed up with the fact that because we spent so much time working in two releases almost in a row, that now we are behind in books, databases, or some "secrets". So for a while we are going to concentrate in reclaiming our position as one of best in 1/0 and worry about releases later on.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

xsupremex wrote:I love the find command, I love the fast boot, I love the 30s to wait to pass b4 making the fool's mate, I love fasttime command, I love KibScore command, I love ignore command and finally I love profile command...

But is there a possibility of the next flash just says: Bye like it says just Hi ?

The logging out message I thought a long message! Just my opinion! :mrgreen:
hey by the way sup; what the command fasttime is used for and how can i use it ,because in anyway i write it down in the ics the answer is no such variable name! (i use yay3 option .pl file after having changed the files mentionned above accordingly with the instructions of matematiko)
take care and have a nice day sup. cheers!

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Only the flash version of YaY has this option, and it comes only in .exe. Once you get it open the YaY.cfg file and enable to use it here:

Fast mode? 0=disable, 1=enabled
variable66 1

Have a nice day bud...Take care !

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Hey YaY Team, The Dark Force, hehehe :twisted:

Can I edit something in this line to make yay choose Continue Without Shortcut automaticly and avoid that window pop-up?

cmd /k YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash.exe --username "x_14_fu3l2za_d3_14_05cul21d4d_x" --password "secret" --room "chess_adv_c" --port "6000" --shortcut ""

Thx :wink:

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Unfortunally that is not possible, but that is a good idea, next version (if ever), we will make it that if the command line says --shortcut "none"
YaY will continue without shortcut automatically.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

OK mate. :mrgreen: