YaY Ultimate version 3 will be released for x-mas

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

YaY Ultimate version 3 will be released for x-mas

Post by matematiko »

Well folks, We finally managed to start working on a new YaY, like I said, nothing fancy just few little things here and there, but most important we finally decided to release the source code. We are going to release YaY in two formats. In an executable for those who prefer to avoid the pain of installing ActiveState and are familiar with the ease of configuring YaY thru the YaY.cfg file; and of course it will also be released in .pl format.

So far the changes made are:
-Added version command. Type version to received a responf from YaY telling you the version number.

-Added "find" command. It will allow you to find games with a specific timer/inc.

-Winbaord and engine(if any) version detection. Additionally, auto shout and auto welcome messages are now disable for those using Winboard without an engine.

-Enhanced loging method(graphical). Additionally, you'll be now able to save the user and password to an encrypted file in your computer but only if you want.

-Enhanced room selection, you can still enter the room code in the batch file but if you dont, then YaY will prompt you to select from 9 differenty regions around the world, then select a room from 4 different tabs(social, beginner, intermidiate and advance).

OK this is so far... Pending to add:

-For those with all-star status, a new command that will let you hide/show the star.

As you can see, most of these changes are just cosmetic changes. Dont expect the new version to play faster or to enhance your engine. Some people had the wrong idea that YaY can make you play stronger or weaker.

If you have any suggestion this is the time to do it because we gonna stop making changes in one week or so and beta test for two weeks and release it exactly this x-mas (Dec. 25).

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

pernicus

Re: YaY Ultimate version 3 will be released for x-mas

Post by pernicus »

will there be a way to change/turn off the auto messages with the exe or will that only be available using the pl version?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

pernicus wrote:will there be a way to change/turn off the auto messages with the exe or will that only be available using the pl version?
matematiko wrote:....In an executable for those who prefer to avoid the pain of installing ActiveState and are familiar with the ease of configuring YaY thru the YaY.cfg file;....
Yes...the exe will remain configurable as before.

I still dont agree that the auto-shout should be removed. People using the .pl version will have to edit the .pl to remove it. Since the .pl file is the base use to create the executable, users using the exe wont be able to remove it. I can not have different .pl files to fulfill everybody tastes.

To me, the guys that want to remove the auto-shout is because they want to play against a human players and I aint going to make it easy for that kind of people. If they want to play against human players then they gonna have to "suffer" a little and must edit the perl file. So, if you were talking about the "Using YaY....." shout message, that aint going away in the exe, only in the .pl file and only after editing.

In this new YaY there is an exception. The auto-shout message wont be executed for those using Winboard without an engine. Some people likes to play agains human players with YaY/Winboard in Yahoo because it doesnt freeze as stupid java, because games can be saved, etc.

This is not final, things my change. I think dene wants to remove the auto-shout. We will discuse it and maybe remove it.

Note: Please observe that I did not say that people that uses an engine against human players is a cheater in my book.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

chessy_master0

Post by chessy_master0 »

Thanks matematiko..i'll be waiting for it :D

eliasgino2007
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by eliasgino2007 »

matematiko wrote: If you have any suggestion this is the time to do it because we gonna stop making changes in one week or so and beta test for two weeks and release it exactly this x-mas (Dec. 25).

Cheers,
Hi matematiko, 8)

One command add in ICS menu by winboard.ini for the Auto-Avatar ON/OF, example for each movement in the table, automatically change avatar.

Congratulations for you matematiko and the team YaY Ultimate for the good work in the new YaY Ultimate version 3!!!
:Bravo

By eliasgino2007! :ok

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

matematiko wrote:If you have any suggestion this is the time to do it because we gonna stop making changes in one week or so and beta test for two weeks and release it exactly this x-mas (Dec. 25).
OK matematiko time for suggestions:

1- Input command 'clear' to erase all message in ICS interaction window
2- Insert command 'style 99' for easy deal with the timer
3- Be able to observe 2-3-4-5 tables
4- Have the command 'autostart request' to request start automaticaly after games end for easy boost IDs
5- Shout if the user is using polyglot or fritz like Using yay+polyglot or yay+fritz
6- Increase the delay b4 the next shout Using YaY like 20s to stop ppl shouting /yay often

Hehehe The red ones i would like the most. I know I ask too much, anyway all is just some suggestions, you guys can consider or not... I will be happy in the same way for the new YaY and thx all yay team for this bridge to yahoo0000000000 ! THX
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

1- Input command 'clear' to erase all message in ICS interaction window
I research this before and is not possible, the ICS Interaction window is provided by
Winboard, not by YaY. This will requiered Winboard to be recompile and that beyond the scope of YaY. I will keep this in mind and if someday I start messing with c+ be sure I will implemented.

2- Insert command 'style 99' for easy deal with the timer
From my personal opinion, Style 99 cripples the engine cause as you know forces the engine to think it has zero seconds to move. I won't be implementing this in YaY 3, sorry.

3- Be able to observe 2-3-4-5 tables
This is a very easy modification, but from the previous versions there is a reason for not letting users be on more than one table. YaY is meant to play, not to observe, if I wanted just to observe tables then I can just use the regular Yahoo interface, so this is not going to be included either, sorry. The good news bud, is that this time we are releasing the source code, a simple modification will let you observe more than one table :D

4- Have the command 'autostart request' to request start automaticaly after games end for easy boost IDs
I have this one implemented on my own personal script which dont that all the blows and whistles of YaY Ultimate. I think adding this to all the stuff that YaY already does will create problems, but, I am going to give it it a try and if if gives problems during the beta testing then it will be removed, so let's hope it works. Good suggestion.

5- Shout if the user is using polyglot or fritz like Using yay+polyglot or yay+fritz
Already included for the first time in this version. Good suggestion too.

6- Increase the delay b4 the next shout Using YaY like 20s to stop ppl shouting /yay often
It already has a 30 seconds delay, but if you want to add more you can edit the .pl file.

Thanks for the input bro.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Thx mate for your reply about my all suggestions... Cya bro!

wallidao

Post by wallidao »

matematiko wrote:Well folks, We finally managed to start working on a new YaY, like I said, nothing fancy just few little things here and there, but most important we finally decided to release the source code. We are going to release YaY in two formats. In an executable for those who prefer to avoid the pain of installing ActiveState and are familiar with the ease of configuring YaY thru the YaY.cfg file; and of course it will also be released in .pl format.

So far the changes made are:
-Added version command. Type version to received a responf from YaY telling you the version number.

-Added "find" command. It will allow you to find games with a specific timer/inc.

-Winbaord and engine(if any) version detection. Additionally, auto shout and auto welcome messages are now disable for those using Winboard without an engine.

-Enhanced loging method(graphical). Additionally, you'll be now able to save the user and password to an encrypted file in your computer but only if you want.

-Enhanced room selection, you can still enter the room code in the batch file but if you dont, then YaY will prompt you to select from 9 differenty regions around the world, then select a room from 4 different tabs(social, beginner, intermidiate and advance).

OK this is so far... Pending to add:

-For those with all-star status, a new command that will let you hide/show the star.

As you can see, most of these changes are just cosmetic changes. Dont expect the new version to play faster or to enhance your engine. Some people had the wrong idea that YaY can make you play stronger or weaker.

If you have any suggestion this is the time to do it because we gonna stop making changes in one week or so and beta test for two weeks and release it exactly this x-mas (Dec. 25).

Cheers,

:Bravo :Bravo :Bravo :Bravo thx MATE GOOD JOB FRIEND :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

matematiko wrote: 5- Shout if the user is using polyglot or fritz like Using yay+polyglot or yay+fritz
Already included for the first time in this version. Good suggestion too.
Cheers,
I forgot to mention, there is no way to display fritz or shredder or whatever, Winboard reports to YaY its version number plus the engine is using. As far as I know, there is no way to use a fritz engine directly with Winbaoard. So the only possible messages are something like this:

Using YaY 3.1.1 with Winboard 4.2.7 + Crafty 19.1
Using YaY 3.1.1 with Winboard 4.2.7 + Polyglot
Using YaY 3.1.1 with Winboard 4.2.7 + winboard232d.exe <---This will be the only possible indication that you are using a Chessbase Program.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Congrats mate for the new yay...I could also see more information in the lobby shout like timer and table... Keep the nice work! :ok

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

hi matematico! some times, i noticed that the autostart does not work, when you are not the host of the table, should the new yay correct this problem!cheers!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

We are defently working on some autostart issues that boil down to wrong end detection in the previous game. More than likely the problem you mention will be resolved but it is not guarantee cause the information you are giving us is very vague.

I'd like to encourage all YaY users to report all problems they have when they have them, and not bringing them to our attention at the very last moment when we are working in a very tight schedule.

Thanks,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

I said that the problem is that when you're not the organizers of the table yay wrong with autostart although autostart has been placed, when watching a table and want to play without yay you can throw out within the time that the user has put (default 60 sec) I hope to have explained, greetings, good job!
Last edited by il_konte on 08 Dec 2008 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

:Bravo :Bravo :Bravo thx MATE GOOD JOB men,!cheers! ! ! !!