Frequently Asked Questions

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by dene »

How do I set up YaY ultimate?

There is a Tutorial included in the download package of YaY Ultimate, please read this.

What new features are included in YaY Ultimate that were not in previous versions?

All the new features with instructions on how to use them are listed in the 'commands and notes' text document included with the download of YaY Ultimate. Please read this.

Do I need to install Active Perl to use YaY ultimate?

No.

I have YaY Ultimate installed and working, but one of my Id's wont log in and I keep getting the message 'You can't use YaY with that ID XXXXXXXX YaY will close soon!!!', what does this mean?

We decided to add certain 'strings' that wont log in with YaY Ultimate, for example an id with words like 'samesex' or 'shemale' will not work with YaY Ultimate. Some religious or racist words are included in the barred strings aswell.
Most id's will log in fine with YaY Ultimate, but if by chance you have an id with one of the barred strings then you will have to use another id.

UPDATE: With YaY Ultimate 3 this is no longer the case. Please update to YaY Ultimate 3 if you are experiencing this problem with one of your yahoo Id's

I want to change one of the table messages to my own personal message, and change some of the other default values on YaY Ultimate, how do I do this?

YaY Ultimate is configurable despite the fact it was released in executable format. Please read the 'commands and notes' text document that came with the download of YaY Ultimate to find out how to do this.

How do I turn off the lobby shout 'Using YaY 2.1.0 Ultimate Edition', the option isnt there in the configurable file?

You can not turn off the lobby shout.
UPDATE: In YaY Ultimate 3 you can now turn off the lobby shout by Entering the command: set warning (Note: This feature has been removed from version 3.2.2)