all proplems

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
tazwebx

Re: all proplems

Post by tazwebx »

gadogado wrote:My problem, I downloaded the new version, YaY 3.2.3 and read about the autoflag command (on or off) but I cannot use it?

how it works :?: thank you

yeah it worked for me

"set flag" without quotes

options general on winboard, uncheck auto flag. might just work. also, sometimes the timer does work in yahoo chess but not all the time. good luck, thats where the flag comes in, to justify the timer when it hits 0:00

gadogado

Post by gadogado »

Thank you... Co-Admin,Matematiko and my friend tazwebx.it worked now and looked nice :ok

to easily making _the game with 1 min_ go on no time or zero,i freeze the program or the engines for some time 15 or 20 sec.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Glad to hear.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Sorry to bother you bud! How to avoid this thing against Chessbase users? Only play polylgot users with flag off is the solution? It seems he got disconnected himself from Internet but his ID stays in room for 15 minutes in 0:00 no move. Thx!

4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Every time a player makes a move, whites or blacks, and regardless of whose turn is it, Yahoo sends a "clock" update for both players, YaY uses this clock information to flag when is required.

With flag off, the script disables both: auto flag and manual flag, So, even if I modify the script to autoflag when the timer reaches -5:00, someone needs to make a move so YaY can evaluate the current time, but if the player has left then YaY won't be able to do anything.

There are two solutions:
1.- Since flag-off was introduced having in mind games among friends, then in cases like this, you should let go a abandon the game, points should no matter among friends.
2.- Have someone else to sit and resign.

Note: I think with polyglot YaY will behave exactly the same.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Thx for reply.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

How usefull is this option since Yahoo let my opponent stay in table without make any move for more than 15 minutes because his connection with Internet was interrupted? I notice when we lose Internet connection Yahoo leave our ID in room for more than 20 minutes. That 10 minutes to make move is useless if player got Internet connection lost.

PS I found 2 cheats to tell you bud if both players are playing in Flag OFF. :warn

PS Bud are you seeing my messages in YM with my new ID? :idea:

PS If you dont wanna face any cheat, my recomendation is use YaY 3.2.3 and flag ON. Use flag OFF not with friends you know in Yahoo but use flag OFF only and I repeat only with your true friends. I will use flag OFF only vs my true friends.

Cuz the 2 ways to cheat if both players are in flag OFF for now I will play in flag ON and 1/1 games but if my true friends appear and ask, then will be 1/0 flag OFF and if I ask they will do the same. :ok I found my true friends who I trust to play in flag OFF in Yahoo Games, and you found yours?! :?:

Regards

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I am sorry, but all the cheats and problems that come with flag off are beyond my control, and most important: even if I found the time and the will to try to fix things, I know that there is no fix. Flag off is a recipe for trouble. Use at your own risk.

Bottom line: Flag Off is provided as is. No support, no fixes. I was well aware of all the possible cheats, I never mentioned them cause I did not want to give cheaters ideas. But cheaters once again proved they are very smart, and very fast.

You guys can talk all you want about it, discuss about it, fight about it, etc, but I am nicely and at the same time SERIOUSLY asking you to stop reporting anything related to flag off under the "problems/bugs" sections.

If some decides to post more stuff about flag off under the problems/bug sections just to piss me off: Go right ahead.

Regards,

PS: Different ideas for the future about other things are always welcome.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Thx for reply! Your last PS means more YaY versions can be made in the future depending on new ideas? Great! I have more 20 ideas to share but all in YM if you are interested in!!! :mrgreen:

Regards!

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

matematiko wrote: PS: Different ideas for the future about other things are always welcome.
Helloz Bud! Ideas for "YaY New Generation":

01 - Play tbl 10 > YaY auto go to tbl 10, auto sit in an empty seat, and autostart the game. This last part YaY doesnt make: start after sitting.
02 - Change Seats > YaY auto stand, auto sit in other seat when opponent stands, and autostart when opponents sits again.
03 - Check ID > YaY tells if ID is in a table as observer and what tbl or just in lobby.
04 - PM ID > YaY able to send private message to other YaY player.
05 - Return a warning message when YaY enter the room like: Hello ! I have the need to know when YaY 3.2.3 enter the room.
06 - Full Room > If use --room "chess_adv_full" in batch file, YaY auto login in a chess adv room which has more players.
07 - Rating 2100+ > YaY is auto set to accept only players with rating 2100+
08 - When YaY is observing a game and everyone leaves, dont make YaY auto sit when it becomes host.
09 - KibScore After Move 35 > YaY starts kibitzing score after move 35.
10 - KibMate > YaY starts kibitzing how many moves left to make the checkmate. Like: Mate in 6 moves.
11 - Set 5 games > YaY will play only 5 games vs same opponent and kibitz: 5 games were played vs you. Let someone else play now!
12 - Like a blacklist we have a friendlist, when we login the room YaY auto tells us what friends are there like: matematiko is here!
13 - If someone shout Hi from YaY 3.2.1 version, new YaY auto block this ID to enter our table.
14 - Boot provi ID > YaY auto boot all observe provi IDs that enter our table.
15 - Boot 2100- > YaY auto boot all observe IDs with rating less than 2100.
16 - Boot Observers > YaY auto boot all observers that enter our table.
17 - Instead of "Using YaY..." to prevent disconnection for idle too long, promove our dear forum like: *** http://www.autochess.com/forum/ ***
18 - Return the message if player set autostart OFF. Sometimes I go and press Start and nothing.
19 - Secret Option - In your PM Box bud...
20 - Autoboot 3.2.1 users when they shout "Hi" in lobby.
21 - Follow - Follow an ID wherever table it goes.
22 - AutoPrivate - YaY auto make table private when game starts and if not a new game starts after 5 seconds table is set public again.
23 - And finally but not my business, change to "*-~*Using YaY New Generation!..."

Accept 1 or 2 or all, reject 1 or 2 or all, just some ideas I have for the future. You are my true friend matematiko, also dene...

Examples:

Observers...

What table...

Private Message...

Regards and The Best To Matematiko And Dene, The YaY Team !!!

PLUS and important thing, I found out the problem/bug why YaY disconnects to Mocha and Prima when they use command "Who" or "Games". :mrgreen:

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Thanks for the input bud, I will refer back to this topic if I ever feel like working on YaY again.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

eliasgino2007
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by eliasgino2007 »

Hi YaY Team, 8)

My suggestions for the new version of YaY:

1) Limited rooms, open only Advanced rooms, by default login in the room Advanced Lounge.

2) No login in room with 100+ players.

3) Auto-detect mode, if player sit and using old version, other program or is human, the message is:
Auto-detect mode on: You booted in 30 seconds... reason old version/other program/human player not allowed

4) Expiration date, to avoid use of old versions. If the current version expires and no has a new version available, in this case YaY Team make new expiration date for the current version.

By eliasgino2007! :ok

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

1) Ok to me.
2) Why not log in room with 100+ ? YaY should auto detects where advance room has more players and auto log in there. My suggestion number 06 using batch file.
3) YaY can't detect if prog or human is its opponent, but can find other YaY versions cuz they shout Hi or Hi !. Then YaY able to boot old YaY versions. It follows my suggestion 20.

Maybe next YaY can use "messages" to auto communicate between them. Like YaY kib: YaY 3.2.3 Only. The other ID when enter table and sit and read such message auto kib: Using YaY 3.2.3 too. Let's play. Then game starts. Just an idea!

4) Expiration date, only if more YaYs come, what I doubt. Matematiko needs to find motivation to keep working on YaY, his motivation is players leave old versions and start using YaY 3.2.3 only. Also find many YaY users in a room when booter not there of course.

Regards! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

eliasgino2007,

Same as I told Waldemar, these are good ideas. All of them will be considered (no to confuse with "implemented") when/if new revision(s) are developed.

We do really appreciate taking the time to think and write about all these good ideas.

YaY Team
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Last option:

24 - Able to see in ICS who is shouting /YaY

* Reporting a bug in YaY all versions:

When we use command observe ID instead of observe table and after this command use "Games" or "Who", YaY is disconnected.

Regards!