YaY 3.2.4

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

YaY 3.2.4

Post by matematiko »

dene and I decided to implement few of the suggestions and renamed YaY 3.2.3 to 3.2.4

The changes are:
-Now tables are created as "protected" by default, this way "humans" using the Java applet can not sit.
-If observing a table and everyone leaves, now YaY won't sit after becoming the host.
-Added "friend" command, this commands adds/removes a user from the friends list. Upon connection, YaY will print a message for every user in the list that is in the room, after connection YaY will display message if a user that joins the room is in the friends list and if a user that is in the list leaves the room YaY will also display a message.
-If you launch YaY from a batch file (.bat) and the room declared is "chess_adv_more", YaY will found the most crowded room in the advanced section and join that room.
-Now the "who" command will also show the primary table each ID is observing(if any).

Maybe there are other minor cosmetic changes but I forgot to write them down.

eliasgino2007, feel free to create a package... We do really appreciate your help on this.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5esbx6h2lv26u1g

Enjoy,

YaY Team
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YaY 3.2.4

Post by matematiko »

Thanks to eliasgino2007, waldemar and others for the great ideas.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

wonderful ! thanks a lot to all the yay team :Bravo

burakytu

Post by burakytu »

Hi all! I am a very new user. Would you please help me to close all warnings on YaY 3.2.4 When i try it says "No such variable name warning." It writes a lot of things during game. I understand message "programs only" but it writes a lot of things Thanks for help.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

The variable "warning" was removed many revisions ago. It is not possible to stop YaY from auto-shouting/kibitzing certain messages.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

chess_pr0

Post by chess_pr0 »

has YAY been patched? .. for last day I have tried logging into Yay usin Yy 3.2.0 and all other versions..(ive been a Yay user since 2011..I have all versions and everytime i ogin and select lounge for advanced it brings up 3 rooms which says
Where the streets have no name (0 Players)
Superunknown(0 Players)
Who are You (0 Players)

I tried usig over 20 different user Id's I have for Yahoo chess I played ith over pdst 3 years and all do same thing trying tlogin.. i even tried going the chessbase using Fritz GUI version way (first selection in Yay aka (Winboard with chessbase) & (Winboard with Polyglot) all I try I login and then select region I select USa and it says the 3 roms above.. doessame for every other country I try and select.. I didnt jave no issue 2 days ago.. now today this happenes.. i even completely deleted all my Yay files and folders games etc.. and redownloaded re setup everything.. reset my Ip address etc an still is happening.. I think the programmers may need to change some code and yahoo has done something.. but then I see other users using YAY in the rooms.. very upsetting to me, as I never had problems... now I have.. my connection is same no firewall settings have changed etc.. lost for answers.. any help please!!..thanks.
"

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

For a while now, the versions of YaY were and still are based on the "flash" version of Yahoo Chess instead of the "java" version. This FLASH version allowed YaY users to log in to Chess rooms without having to deal with the CAPTCHA challenge implemented by Yahoo. For some reason now, this FLASH (rarely used) way to login to Yahoo Chess rooms is broken. YaY is not broken, is the Yahoo Flash server that is broken. As a way to prove it, I welcome you all to try this without YaY, and you will see that you get only the same three rooms in the Social section.

As the developer of YaY I have two options, rewrite YaY to go back to the old ages and use the Captcha challenge, or wait for Yahoo to fix the FLASH server. As some of you know, I have not used YaY in ages and therefor I have no motivation to fix it, specially if the fix is too complicated and too much time consuming, so at this point I am opting to wait for Yahoo to fix the Flash server.

If, this fix that I am expecting from Yahoo engineers does not take place in a reasonable amount of time (a month lets say), then I will do my best to come up with a solution.

Regards,

matematiko

P.S. Report the flash server problem to Yahoo, the more complaints/reports the better chances they will fix it.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

It worked just a minute ago. Is this a Yahoo intermittent problem?
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Looks like it works every third attempt.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Yes, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Yahoo may fix later!
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

chess_pr0

Post by chess_pr0 »

wotks all good on my end.. maybe a glitch in system.. or java version issue?

x44

Post by x44 »

hello chess warriors is true that yahoo will not allow yay on march 31 2014? :roll: :crasha

will there be new version of yay that suits new yahoo flatform sad

x44

dodgerquest

Post by dodgerquest »

Kindly help me understand how to install and sue 3.2.4 flash edition. I see one exe file which gives me a yahoo login pop up but that just shuts after I log in.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

it is because there isnt yahoo chess site anymore :hhh
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok