Announcement about YaY support

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Announcement about YaY support

Post by matematiko »

With out know, dene and I were writing a reply at the same time.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

dene wrote:
3- Agree, but I think its only important to state if the Flag is Off on the table Welcome message. Therefore if theres no message saying Flag is Off, then its obviously On as this is the normal default setting.
4- Yes YaY will warn other users everytime you toggle flag on/off.
3- Indeed. :lol:
4- Very good! :D
matematiko wrote:
...let's say I see you there in Advance Lounge 2 with your brand spanking new YaY 3.2.3 with the auto-flag automatically set to off for 3/0, 2/0, 1/0, 1/1 etc. What about if I decide (since I am a cheating whore) to come with my old YaY 3.2.2 ( or even older), or ChesBuffy or Reborn SE or whatevr other programs exist out there. Since I know you wont flag me, I will just going to set my time to 20 minutes or 60 minutes, unless you have the best of the best book and a hydra cluster of computers, you are going to lose every game.
I understand you guys! For no future problems and future cheats let's it remain ON and only manually turn OFF if both players agree. Next YaY 3.2.3 will be great, we will have now this option. :Bravo

I have friends who will turn it OFF to play me! :ok
I have "friends" who won't turn it OFF to play me! Yeah! "Friends" who won't. :hhh

Long live YaY Team!

PS To all YaY users who love this program. When this version be released please only come to my table to play me using it or I will not press START. Also I will only go to play in tables using it. :twisted:
Probably my welcome message when I set table for 1/0 games only, would be: Welcome "who", Autostart OFF and Flag OFF. Let's play like that? Thx! If not please leave. :mrgreen:
For other timer always flag ON of course.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

matematiko wrote:I had been checking Yahoo rooms from time to time lately and they are usually deserted, I mean no YaY players.

Is this effort worth it?
Sometimes we have more, now 10 were showed, today 10:09 AM - Brazil :D

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:It is because they dont go to your tbl selecting the tbl, they press the button "Play Now" and Yahoo send him to your tbl. That way they can return many times.
Yep, that is the only way to return to a table after being booted. Well, not exactly true.... Yahoo admins can do that too.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

XsupremeX wrote:
matematiko wrote:I had been checking Yahoo rooms from time to time lately and they are usually deserted, I mean no YaY players.

Is this effort worth it?
Sometimes we have more, now 10 were showed, today 10:09 AM - Brazil :D

My final report about players in Yahoo, many YaY users, maybe 2 or 3 are not using YaY but anyway a lot of reds in these pictures. Keep the YaY project and LONG LIVE YAY TEAM!!! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Thanks for the report X.... as stated before... we are working on it... Just very slow.

I do have a little problem, I copy the "YaY 3.2.3 working script" to the "chess computer"... join a room, create a 1/0 table, stand and sit as blacks then I forget about it so I can focus in the other computer and keep on working on the script.

To my surprise my script, after 4 or 5 hours has no played a single game. And is the same story every day.

OK, I understand that we should not impose on people our taste for 1/0, but for god's sake people I need to test the program to find and correct problems, but I can not test on silly 10/15 games.

I guess the only way I am going to test the script is to stop working on it and have my two computers playing against each other.

Oh well, :crasha

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

angelface
Banned User
Banned User

Post by angelface »

matematiko wrote:Thanks for the report X.... as stated before... we are working on it... Just very slow.

I do have a little problem, I copy the "YaY 3.2.3 working script" to the "chess computer"... join a room, create a 1/0 table, stand and sit as blacks then I forget about it so I can focus in the other computer and keep on working on the script.

To my surprise my script, after 4 or 5 hours has no played a single game. And is the same story every day.

OK, I understand that we should not impose on people our taste for 1/0, but for god's sake people I need to test the program to find and correct problems, but I can not test on silly 10/15 games.

I guess the only way I am going to test the script is to stop working on it and have my two computers playing against each other.

Oh well, :crasha

Cheers,
we can have a date for a 1/0 games. :Bravo

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

angelface wrote:we can have a date for a 1/0 games. :Bravo
I think you missed the point here. We are not challenging anyone to play at a time or place, we simply want to test the script as and when we need to, but its hard to find a non human opponent when we log in yahoo to test the script.

Cheers

angelface
Banned User
Banned User

Post by angelface »

dene wrote:
angelface wrote:we can have a date for a 1/0 games. :Bravo
I think you missed the point here. We are not challenging anyone to play at a time or place, we simply want to test the script as and when we need to, but its hard to find a non human opponent when we log in yahoo to test the script.

Cheers
thats my point. you cant find anyone waiting for a 1/0 game in yahoo except me. all you see there now are snoring long games with ambien. :)

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Status Update:

Most of needed modifications and requests are almost done, except the "auto-flag" modification.

The source code in its current state proved to be very, very hard to work with. I've done it before but only for small and quick fixes. It was decided to de-obfuscate 100% the source code in order to be able to do the "auto-flag" mod, this de-obfuscation thing alone will add several weeks to this project and several weeks more when ready to obfuscate again.

I assume that the booters and spammers still have to log in through a CAPTCHA scheme, and I am definitely certain that there are lots of cheaters out there that if they get a hold of the source code they will modify it to cheat. For these reasons I hope you understand the need for protecting the code.

We promise the auto-flag modification, and you will have it, but I am very disappointed with the current state of affairs in the chess rooms, I am referring to the fact that you can not be there for damn 30 minutes before you get booted. I have no encouragement neither I am excited for further development. You can thank dene for reminding me that we made a promise, otherwise I would had thrown the towel by now and forgotten about YaY 3.2.3 release completely.

Have a nice Sunday,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

matematiko wrote:Status Update:

Most of needed modifications and requests are almost done, except the "auto-flag" modification.

Nice! :ok

this de-obfuscation thing alone will add several weeks to this project and several weeks more when ready to obfuscate again.

Hard work bud! Take your time!

For these reasons I hope you understand the need for protecting the code.

We do! :ok

You can thank dene for reminding me that we made a promise, otherwise I would had thrown the towel by now and forgotten about YaY 3.2.3 release completely.

Thx dene!

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

XsupremeX wrote:
matematiko wrote:You can thank dene for reminding me that we made a promise, otherwise I would had thrown the towel by now and forgotten about YaY 3.2.3 release completely.

Thx dene!
Your welcome :ok

Let me be frank though, The booters are a big problem in Yahoo these days, the Last time I logged in to test a beta of 3.2.3 shortly afterwards a booter came and more or less cleaned out the room. This doesnt give us much enthusiasm to continue support for YaY.

Yes as promised, we will release version 3.2.3 when its ready, but any further support/releases of YaY will be dependent on how disillusioned we become by the booters. If we get disconnected everytime we play there I see no point in continuing support! Anyway, we will see how things go over the next few months.

Its a pity Yahoo doesnt discontinue the standard chess (Java platform) and force everyone onto the 'All-New yahoo! chess' (flash), then all the booters and other childish programs would no longer work, since they all work on the Java platform.

Cheers

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

:warn

To all YaY users:

YaY users have enjoyed this wonderful program, and all of them have funny playing autochess in Yahoo. But unfortunally some people still prefer put the warnings off and keep using version 3.2.1.

When Matematiko release YaY 3.2.3 I request everyone to go to this new version. Matematiko and Dene have spent hours, days, weeks, years of their lives to give us a stable and bug free program to play autochess in Yahoo and some users insist using warnings off to play most of the time if not all of the time agaisnt humans only.

All I ask is respect all their works and use YaY 3.2.2 from now on till next version comes.

Using YaY 3.2.1 with warnings off and playing humans is a big disrespect to YaY creators and if you don't respect who made YaY then you not allowed to use it. I am not agaisnt play human with YaY but at least warn them you are a program and they can decide if leave table or play you if they wish.

Wanna cheat? Don't want warnings? Wanna use program vs human? Then use another program because using YaY for this is not allowed.

Please don't let me see "Hi" in lobby anymore after you read this post!

Prima

Post by Prima »

XsupremeX wrote::warn

To all YaY users:

YaY users have enjoyed this wonderful program, and all of them have funny playing autochess in Yahoo. But unfortunally some people still prefer put the warnings off and keep using version 3.2.1.

When Matematiko release YaY 3.2.3 I request everyone to go to this new version. Matematiko and Dene have spent hours, days, weeks, years of their lives to give us a stable and bug free program to play autochess in Yahoo and some users insist using warnings off to play most of the time if not all of the time agaisnt humans only.

All I ask is respect all their works and use YaY 3.2.2 from now on till next version comes.

Using YaY 3.2.1 with warnings off and playing humans is a big disrespect to YaY creators and if you don't respect who made YaY then you not allowed to use it. I am not agaisnt play human with YaY but at least warn them you are a program and they can decide if leave table or play you if they wish.

Wanna cheat? Don't want warnings? Wanna use program vs human? Then use another program because using YaY for this is not allowed.

Please don't let me see "Hi" in lobby anymore after you read this post!

All good.

Your friend, angelface aka mocha, is infamous for turning off his table-entry warnings AND his lobby-shouts. Even so, he plays unsuspecting human players with his warnings & lobby shouts off. I also notice, when he logs out of Yahoo with "his" YaY 3.2.1, the log-out announcement "I am logging out. I was using YaY 3.2.1...." is ALSO unannounced!!!

To the best of my cognizance, the YaY log-out message can't be turned off. The fact that he goes to the extent of silencing his YaY-log-out message inclusively, shows this guy is hell-bent on cheating at all cost, and is morally & ethically depraved.

All these repetitive & habitual dishonest acts are from the very same guy who shouted "God bless" to ALL forum members, a few weeks or couple of months ago, in this forum's chat lobby - about 2 times.

spring

Post by spring »

have anybody yay yltimate 3.2.3 editions?