Time to get to ICS screen

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
angelface
Banned User
Banned User

Time to get to ICS screen

Post by angelface »

i've been noticing , it takes me at least 30sec or more sometimes to get to the ICS screen open when logging in to yahoo. it wasnt like that b4. i wonder if its just me? my internet connection is pretty fast as far as i know.

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Time to get to ICS screen

Post by unemployed »

Request Mate and dene ,
They can add a simple feature by storing cookies expiry date and in no capcha edition(some call it flash )Expiry date is very long , and this can be achieved by comparing this date and jump to tcp/ip protocol directly which allows you to log in to yahoo chess within 1 to 2 secs (of course parameters stored)
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

It takes me 3-4 seconds to ICS open, max was 6-7 but no more than this.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

I just tested this, and on my PC and internet connection it takes roughly 1 second for the ICS to open!

angleface - Im going to suggest it could be a problem on your computer or setup.

Cheers

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

unemployed wrote:Request Mate and dene ,
They can add a simple feature by storing cookies expiry date and in no capcha edition(some call it flash )Expiry date is very long , and this can be achieved by comparing this date and jump to tcp/ip protocol directly which allows you to log in to yahoo chess within 1 to 2 secs (of course parameters stored)
Thanks, the idea was suggested (and maybe implemented in STUCI) by zappa_engine. Unfortunately we do not have the time, neither the desire to work on YaY. Oooops I think we do not even have the source either.

Perhaps future programmers will pick the idea.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

matematiko wrote:[quote="<span class="IL_AD" id="IL_AD9">unemployed</span>"]Request Mate and dene ,
Thanks, the idea was suggested (and maybe implemented in STUCI) by zappa_engine. Unfortunately we do not have the time, neither the desire to work on YaY. Oooops I think we do not even have the source either.

Regards,[/quote]
PLs elaborate the idea posted by zappa in previous posts about this .I throw a challenge to you and and zappa to incorporate this feature jointly as in past you two tried yics code solving ???
ps : a challenge always convert a programers idal brain wave into thinking mode
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

unemployed wrote:
matematiko wrote:[quote="<span class="IL_AD" id="IL_AD9">unemployed</span>"]Request Mate and dene ,

Regards,
PLs elaborate the idea posted by zappa in previous posts about this .I throw a challenge to you and and zappa to incorporate this feature jointly as in past you two tried yics code solving ???
ps : a challenge always convert a programers idal brain wave into thinking mode[/quote]

It is a shame that after many years you do not believe me. I do not have to prove myself and I won't. Believe what you want. But seriously, why do you suppose that this cookie thingy is a challenge for me and dene? Saving cookies into a file and then later retrieving them and checking its expiration date is trivial, so trivial a kid can do it. Why we never implemented it? Because we did not want to.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.