A strange YaY-ICS command bug?

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
Prima

A strange YaY-ICS command bug?

Post by Prima »

Since yesterday, March 28 (2012), I noticed when selecting the ICS commands Games, YaY exits, as shown:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Notice at the arrow that it shows I selected Games. Yet it exits, despite that the Exit command has NOT been selected.
Anyone else encountered this specific problem? Any solution(s) to this ICS-YaY interaction problem?

Thanks for any informative solution.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: A strange YaY-ICS command bug?

Post by Waldemar »

I never faced this problem, today I tested and ok, I was using polyglot 1.4.67b and winboard 4.6.0. I typed "who" 4x and "Games" 4x.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Prima

Post by Prima »

Thanks for your response. Quite frankly, and to the best of my recollection, I've never encountered this particular ICS-commands-&-YaY problem. It boggles my mind as to why it keeps exiting when the Game command is selected every 3-4 times. It just happened AGAIN! And "no", it wasn't the room booter. Strange.

Prima

Post by Prima »

legogames wrote:it happens when at that time you selected games, the booter did his devilish act to boot the whole room. next time that happens, try and relog right away, see if there are far less players in the room than when you first login in that room. if there are far less, the booter is there.
No, that wasn't the case, although that isn't entirely impossible altogether. This happens whenever WHO and GAMES are selected about 4-5 times.

That's why, in my response to XsupremeX, I noted it's NOT the room booter, because the room was still full upon relogging. Nor was the room booter in the room. It's just some strange WHO-GAMES miscommunication between ICS commands and YaY.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Prima wrote:Thanks for your response. Quite frankly, and to the best of my recollection, I've never encountered this particular ICS-commands-&-YaY problem. It boggles my mind as to why it keeps exiting when the Game command is selected every 3-4 times. It just happened AGAIN! And "no", it wasn't the room booter. Strange.
What version are you using?

I remember a user complaining about this. I think it only happens when entering games two consecutive times. I am not sure but chances are this problem was fixed in the latest release. Search the forum and you will find the saga to this problem. Again, I do not remember if the problem was fixed.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

legogames wrote:the problem wasnt fix at all. bcoz i have the same prob. when im using polyglot, i click games the second time, it closes the ics. but what puzzles me is that, if im on fritz, even how many times i click games, nothing closes.
Well, I shouldn't be asking this because I have no intentions of fixing it, but for the record and in case I change my mind, what is the error shown in the command window A.K.A. prompt window, etc?
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I see many windows but not the command prompt window.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Prima

Post by Prima »

matematiko wrote:
Prima wrote:Thanks for your response. Quite frankly, and to the best of my recollection, I've never encountered this particular ICS-commands-&-YaY problem. It boggles my mind as to why it keeps exiting when the Game command is selected every 3-4 times. It just happened AGAIN! And "no", it wasn't the room booter. Strange.
What version are you using?

I remember a user complaining about this. I think it only happens when entering games two consecutive times. I am not sure but chances are this problem was fixed in the latest release. Search the forum and you will find the saga to this problem. Again, I do not remember if the problem was fixed.

Regards,
Sorry for the late reply. After my last post, I was distracted by other things.

I'm using YaY 3.2.2. Usually when in ICS/YaY and bored, I find myself clicking WHO & GAMES several times. At the 3rd, or 4th and 5th times of doing this is when the [unexpected] exit occurs.

I thought am the only who experienced this. I will definitely search the forum and see its resolution. Thanks for the suggestion.

RE: On your inquiry to an_imbecil apropos error prompt window displayed when this occur, the only window prompt displayed, when this problem occurs, is the same EXIT window you would get IF you consciously selected EXIT command from ICS menu, as shown in my uploaded image.

All the best.

Prima

Post by Prima »

legogames wrote:the problem wasnt fix at all. bcoz i have the same prob. when im using polyglot, i click games the second time, it closes the ics. but what puzzles me is that, if im on fritz, even how many times i click games, nothing closes.
I'm using Winboard + PolyGlot, and this is the EXACT, unexpected exit, problem I face. It's really worrisome, especially if playing a game. I'm not exactly sure if this is attributed to Winboard/ICS, since like I said earlier, to the best of memory, I've never encountered this problem before.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

legogames wrote:thats the only error window i got
lego..lego..lego, the guy that always makes fun of others.....allow me to do the same: :hhh

You had been using YaY for gazillion years and do not know that YaY launches its own Window? :hhh Just like Fritz and WinBoard does.

In the screen snapshot you posted, at the bottom of the screem.... see the icon between Fritz and WinBoard icons? :hhh That's YaY's window. :hhh (It actually says YaY :hhh )

Click on it after the error occurs and before closing WinBoard and report the error message. :hhh
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Let me help, this is the YaY window...

4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

an_imbecil wrote:you asked me for an error and thats the only error i have. i do know about that black window ur talking about. LOL
MATE is just very good in humiliating his members as is b4. drunkhead. :hhh :hhh
To all moderators and admins,

If you observe my post, you will see that I did not use any offensive words, just this -> :hhh .lan_imbecil has been warned only (I guess I am in a good mood today). I expect every admin/moderator to ban this SOB the next time he offends anybody or makes his usual wise ass remarks. This individual is a useless member. I started searching his/hers/its 127 posts and just after a few I noticed that they are nothing but questions and making fun of others. This individual has not contributed anything of value to this FORUM and there is no reason to have patience with him/her/it.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,