I need help with YaY

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
tatsu

I need help with YaY

Post by tatsu »

I am wondering if there is a GUI that is more user friendly then the flash version. I myself can get around, but it is difficult to teach others.
I am also wondering if there is a setting to not automatically type the "Hello (user's name here) I am in auto start mode...." It is annoying for me.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: I need help with YaY

Post by matematiko »

tatsu wrote:I am wondering if there is a GUI that is more user friendly then the flash version. I myself can get around, but it is difficult to teach others.
GUI?

WoW, you do not even know what you had been using. YaY is not a GUI, YaY runs in the background, is a "Console Application". Winboard is the GUI.
tatsu wrote:I am also wondering if there is a setting to not automatically type the "Hello (user's name here) I am in auto start mode...." It is annoying for me.
You and 300 other guys had asked the same question. No there is no way.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: I need help with YaY

Post by unemployed »

matematiko wrote:
tatsu wrote:I am wondering if there is a GUI that is more user friendly then the flash version. I myself can get around, but it is difficult to teach others.
GUI?

WoW, you do not even know what you had been using. YaY is not a GUI, YaY runs in the background, is a "Console Application". Winboard is the GUI.
tatsu wrote:I am also wondering if there is a setting to not automatically type the "Hello (user's name here) I am in auto start mode...." It is annoying for me.
You and 300 other guys had asked the same question. No there is no way.

It is all GUI(Graphical user interference till TCP protocol applies . My advice to you to keep it very simple ,since ??????

Regards,
:ok
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin