Arena + Yay = Yahoo Chess

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
ganny

Arena + Yay = Yahoo Chess

Post by ganny »

Dear All, Sorry for being ignorant, but I need your help.I have Arena 3.0 and Yay 3 Ultimate Flahs version. I would like to know how to configure Arena and Yay, so i can play automated yahoo chess.. Many Thanks in Advance !! Please let me know should you need more info to help..

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Arena + Yay = Yahoo Chess

Post by matematiko »

ganny wrote:Dear All, Sorry for being ignorant, but I need your help.I have Arena 3.0 and Yay 3 Ultimate Flahs version. I would like to know how to configure Arena and Yay, so i can play automated yahoo chess.. Many Thanks in Advance !! Please let me know should you need more info to help..

Ganny,

I am sorry to be the one to break the bad news to you:

1.- YaY is no longer supported. Enjoy it while still works.

2.- YaY was made to work with WinBoard and WinBoard only.....attempts were made but we quit.

3.- Arena sucks

Regards,

EDIT: There are plenty of topics on this forum to get you going with YaY and WinBoard....just look around !!!!
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

ganny

Post by ganny »

hey buddy, wow, dint expect such a quick reply.. first off, thanks for the reply !!! Btw, Am just looking for some help (not support as a free customer of YaY ;-)) from persons like you who has got very good technical knowledge (am very sure about this!!), that people like me can never understand, (i cud only wish) I would like to use other programs like Fritz or Chessmaster or Shredder Classic to connect to Yahoo using YaY.. i looked around and tried doing them invain.. so if you could explain me (a humble request), how to do it, I would he highly grateful to you.. Many thanks in advance !

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

ganny wrote:I would like to use other programs like Fritz or Chessmaster or Shredder Classic to connect to Yahoo using YaY..
matematiko wrote: 1.- YaY is no longer supported. Enjoy it while still works.

2.- YaY was made to work with WinBoard and WinBoard only.....attempts were made but we quit.
You can use YaY with winboard + polyglot or YaY with winboard + Fritz. Nothing else!
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok