Some Questions about YaY

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Some Questions about YaY

Post by Chunky2 »

Hi all, just out of curiosity... A noob question but... LOL. Can anyone explain to me what exactly this software is? :crasha :D :D It would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Chunky2 on 26 Jun 2011 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: A Simple Question.

Post by matematiko »

This software is an "ICS Emulator" It makes WinBoard believe is connecting to an Internet Chess Server but in reality is connecting to Yahoo (or POGO see YaYp) .
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

matematiko wrote:This software is an "ICS Emulator" It makes WinBoard believe is connecting to an Internet Chess Server but in reality is connecting to Yahoo (or POGO see YaYp) .
Thanks Matematico.
Hmm... Should I download this one or Chess Buddy? What you think is the best between these 2 programs to have more chance to win at 1 min game on Yahoo?

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

YaY or YaYp are so far the best to play 1/0, you cant compare them to any other autoprogram like chessbuddy ! :P
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

XsupremeX wrote:YaY or YaYp are so far the best to play 1/0, you cant compare them to any other autoprogram like chessbuddy ! :P
Thanks a lot, really a very nice and useful forum. Could you link to me a download link and a guide to use it, please? Thanks again :D :wink:

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

http://www.autochess.com/forum/yay-ulti ... t1440.html

Once installed the instructions are in the "documentation" folder.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

Darklord42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Darklord42 »

Isn't there a FAQ for this sort of thing?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Darklord42 wrote:Isn't there a FAQ for this sort of thing?
Development of YaY stopped and for YaYp is at its lowest (lack of motivation)....But is a good question...maybe we make one FAQ some day....good idea.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

Hi all, I'm back :)
As I expected, I experienced a problem using YaY. I read the whole command list, some FAQs ecc. but I couldn't find a solution yet. Maybe I'm too noob for this software... :(

The problem is the following: I wanted to test YaY. I fortunately have 2 PC, mine and my brother's one. With mine I followed the command list... I created a table, sat as white and set the time (1/0).
Then I told to my brother to play against me, he logged in Yahoo of course using another account (without using YaY obviously, my brother doesn't know that there are softwares like YaY... It's noober than me... LOL anyway) but when he tried to sit on my table, YaY booted him out. He did it again but yahoo told him the table was private... So I typed "protect 0" (The command that make the table public) and then "set autoboot" but nothing change... The table was still private. I tried to invite him, he clicked on accept but YaY booted him out.

Why? :D :D

Cheers.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Hehehe, set the formula, player cant play YaY if rating difference is more than 200 points, you can use command "formula + rating difference value" like "formula 500", then if you are 2000 you can play against a 1500 rating player.

You can also go to YaY.cfg file and edit this line:

Do you want to enforce rating differential (also known as formula)?
variable27 1

(Put 0 instead of 1) and you can play everyone, also remember to tell your bother to press start before 60seconds pass or YaY will also boot him after 60seconds.

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

XsupremeX wrote:Hehehe, set the formula, player cant play YaY if rating difference is more than 200 points, you can use command "formula + rating difference value" like "formula 500", then if you are 2000 you can play against a 1500 rating player.

You can also go to YaY.cfg file and edit this line:

Do you want to enforce rating differential (also known as formula)?
variable27 1

(Put 0 instead of 1) and you can play everyone, also remember to tell your bother to press start before 60seconds pass or YaY will also boot him after 60seconds.
Thanks for replying. Hope this was my last question :D

EDIT: Oops, seems it wasn't... :o :)

Please, take a look at this screenshot:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2w3t7vb.jpg

How can I set YaY to play also with those 2 other alias? Is it possible?

Cheers.

P.S.: Dunno if you care but YaY just won against ChessBuddy (With original engine) :wink: :D But I still wonder which of those 3 shortcut in YaY is the best, though.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I think YaY only logs in Yahoo using the 1st ID, not alias under the main ID. 3 shortcuts?

1. YaY + polyglot ---- will use a bin book
2. YaY + chessbase ---- will use a ctg book
3. YaY + without engine ---- will use nothing, it is for manual games.

The best is the best book you have, whatever bin or ctg, the best book will be the best shortcut.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:I think YaY only logs in Yahoo using the 1st ID, not alias under the main ID. 3 shortcuts?

1. YaY + polyglot ---- will use a bin book
2. YaY + chessbase ---- will use a ctg book
3. YaY + without engine ---- will use nothing, it is for manual games.

The best is the best book you have, whatever bin or ctg, the best book will be the best shortcut.
There was a time where profile number was supported by YaY but at some time started causing problems.

I do not know if this will work, but you con go to your account and change the default profile number to whatever profile you want to use.

And this all I have to say about this. At least me and dene do no support YaY... or we do just in rare occasions.....Do not get me wrong, there is some people here that they still helps....like XsupremeX and others.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Prima

Post by Prima »

Chunky2 wrote:Hi all, I'm back :)

The problem is the following: I wanted to test YaY. but when he tried to sit on my table, YaY booted him out. He did it again but yahoo told him the table was private... So I typed "protect 0" (The command that make the table public) and then "set autoboot" but nothing change... The table was still private. I tried to invite him, he clicked on accept but YaY booted him out.

Why? :D :D

Cheers.
I believe the default rating differential in YaY 3.2.2 is either 200 or 300 points. Therefore, YaY will boot opponents with ratings 200 (or 300? )higher or 200 (300) lower than the pre-fixed 200 0r 300 rating differential in YaY. As already suggested, set YaY's rating differential to 500 or 1000, or to play all opponents and not worry about YaY booting opponents, set rating differential to 1500. Set this first, before inviting opponent.

Your other concern was; after your brother was booted by YaY, he couldn't get back to your table and instead got the "you must be invited to a private table" message. To resolve this, you need to invite your brother or the opponent back to your table.

The command is: invite opponent, where opponent is the name of the person. For example, assuming opponent's name is giga_dark_dramon, then the command would be: invite giga_dark_dramon

Chunky2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chunky2 »

Ok thanks everyone! :wink:

Anyway, YaY doesn't support the alias. I tried to do what matematiko suggested, but YaY logged me as the main ID. Then I tried to log in with: (For istance)
giga_dark_dramon@yahoo.it (Alias nickname)
Pass: (The main ID pass).
I could connect but then the ICS Interaction said "Alias command is not supported" and logged me with the main ID. :(
Hope one day you will start improving and supporting this amazing program again, maybe including this alias feature. :wink: That'd be cool :P

Cheers. Congratz and thanks for creating this software :wink: