YAY bin book

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
starplayboy

YAY bin book

Post by starplayboy »

dear Admins.....!
i would like to know how many games are in YAY.bin book and if i want these games how can i get that complete games ?

thanks

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YAY bin book

Post by matematiko »

starplayboy wrote:dear Admins.....!
i would like to know how many games are in YAY.bin book and if i want these games how can i get that complete games ?

thanks
YaY.bin was made long time ago from thousands of games played at PCC. A high ELO was used as a filter but I do not remember what that ELO was...maybe between 2600 and 2700.
Minumim 3 games for a position that led to a win was the other filter.

We do not longer have those games sorry.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

starplayboy

Post by starplayboy »

thanks for the reply Admin
actually i m collecting games and plan to make one book for YAY so advice me i should make book in .BIN book or i should try first .ctg format and if i will make new bin book for YAY with maximum game like 150000 so what kind of problem we can face like YAY will work good with that book, speed will not suffer because of this?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

starplayboy wrote:thanks for the reply Admin
actually i m collecting games and plan to make one book for YAY so advice me i should make book in .BIN book or i should try first .ctg format and if i will make new bin book for YAY with maximum game like 150000 so what kind of problem we can face like YAY will work good with that book, speed will not suffer because of this?
You can start by going to the section databases in this forum, there are many links to games, actually, someone post a link to two million games, also, there are many other places in the net for that. As for how to make a polyglot bin book, many has been said in this forum and even better, polyglot come with instructions.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

angvl

Post by angvl »

Hi again!!

In the winboard options i load a diferent book than yay.bin for example mybook.bin which i had put it in the same directory with yay.bin. Then i press ok and im ready to play. My question is this the rigth way to load diferent books in winboard or im doing stg wrong?

I think i have to chang the polyglot.ini file this line ''BookFile=C:\YaY_Ultimate_3\Winboard_X\YaY.bin''. I also want to install deeprybka 4.1(is this a good idea?) engine so i have to change this line ''EngineName="Rybka v2.2n2.mp.w32" thats all i have to do?

And one last question. The books format have to be only bin files? Sorry for my questions but i just started yesterday using yay.

Thanks in advance!

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Yes, I noticed changing book in winboard option also works. But I recommend to change in polyglot.ini too to be sure.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

angvl wrote:And one last question. The books format have to be only bin files? Sorry for my questions but i just started yesterday using yay.

Thanks in advance!
CTG books can also be used when in ChessBase (Fritz, etc) mode, there is instructions in the documentation included and in this Forum, look around.

Another option for CTG books is "Aquarium Book Adapter", there is not instructions included in the documentation but a lot has been said about that in this Forum, again, look around.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,