Yay installation

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Yay installation

Post by tue_mouche »

Hi matématico!

Please, what shall i do to save all instructions i fill in the prompt command! It's nervous to fill them at evrytime i want to launch yay!! Is there any trickor way to ovoid that!!

Thank you very much matématico.

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Yay installation

Post by tue_mouche »

Hi matématco!
I finally got the testword window! and when i launched , a small window alert annonce me that a slave can't be found?? What is it?
On the other hand, what is the ICS window used for? It appears under the chessboard when i lauch winboard!!

Friedly yours!

For fun: my id is tue_mouche and it means flykiller!! Won't you help me to be a really one? Thank you very much matematico!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Yay installation

Post by matematiko »

a small window alert annonce me that a slave can't be found??
This question had been asked and answered al least two times, look around in this forum, the answer is there.
On the other hand, what is the ICS window used for?
This window has two functions: to enter commands to create a table, kibitz in table, shout in a room, etc. It is also used to display errors, messages, what people kibitz in a table or shouts in the lobby, etc.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

Hi matematico!

Now i've read the site rules, i agree i was wrong! excuse me then!
My question is about my chasebase. I'm using deep fritz7. when i open file-new-two compiuter match and click on two compiutermatch it gives me the same window as one given when i click connect hardware in tools.
what's the problem please.

cheers tue_mouche.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

tue_mouche wrote:Hi matematico!

Now i've read the site rules, i agree i was wrong! excuse me then!
My question is about my chasebase. I'm using deep fritz7. when i open file-new-two compiuter match and click on two compiutermatch it gives me the same window as one given when i click connect hardware in tools.
what's the problem please.

cheers tue_mouche.
A two computer match is exactly that, " a match between two computers", so, if chessbase does not detects that you are already connected to Yahoo, or an ICS server, or another computer when you start the two computer match mode, it automatically launches the "Connect Hardward" window. My best guess is that either you are launching winboard in a wrong way and the connection to Yahoo server is not established, or you are not launching winboard at all. Please check the steps from zozur page and try again(Pay close attention to the winboard shurcut).

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

hi matematiko!
here what i 've done so far:

1.i filled the prompt command untill it tells me that 13 files unchanged then i exited

2. connected hadware in my deep fritz7 and a small window appears saying me to wait for connection

3. just at this moment i opend yay by double clicking on its shurtcut on the desktop and gave me a black window where i filled my user name, passeword, room i wanted to go to! after a moment the test word window is opend and i filled the test word i saw.
4. just after i was confirmed that the connection is done and accepted from127.0.01. ; my access to the room is cofirmed too!
5. then i double clicked on the winbord shurt cut on the desktop and gave me a small chessboard and the ics command
6.although a small window annonce that it can't find a slave, i gave the commande to create table what it was done, i gave the commande to sit and i sat ; and followed all the chout that was around ! my visitors my opponents that asked me to start game etc etc..... that's all my friend ! one thing ! i saw nothing : no table no opponent no visiters!
the chessbase gave me nothing as you know!!
thank you verymuch.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Seems to me that your winboard shurtcut is wrong.
I am quoting this from aprevious post (http://forumtest.4sql.net/phpBB3/viewto ... p=209#p209)
Looks like there is something wrogn with your winboard shurtcut.

First, did you make it to the point where YaY says: Waitiing for connection on port xxxx ?

If you have not made it that far, then winboard did not find a slave to connect to, so go back and fix first the problem with YaY. But if you did, and assuming your port is 6000, then your winboard shurtcut properties(rigth click and select properties) should look something like this:

a. This first example is for when you are trying to connect to a chessbase GUI:
"C:\Program Files\WinBoard-4.2.7\winboard.exe" /zp /ics /icshost 127.0.0.1 /icsport 6000 /fcp="winboard232d.exe -pipe"
Note that winboard232d.exe must be present in your winboard directory

b. This example is for when you are trying to use polyglot:
"C:\Program Files\Winboard-4.2.7\winboard.exe" /zp /ics /icshost 127.0.0.1 /icsport 6000 /fcp "polyglot.exe polyglot.ini"
Note that polyglot.exe should be present in your winboard directory.

Also look at this topic http://forumtest.4sql.net/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=14&t=55
Give that a try and let us know.

Good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

hi!

i'm in the case a, ie using chessbase. when i double clicked on shurtcut of winboard and looked at properties here what i saw:
1. on the line cible: 0.1/icsport6000/fcp="winboard232d.exe-pipe"

2. on the line start in: "C:\Program Files\WinBoard"

that's all matématiko. thank you very much.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

tue_mouche wrote:hi!

i'm in the case a, ie using chessbase. when i double clicked on shurtcut of winboard and looked at properties here what i saw:
1. on the line cible: 0.1/icsport6000/fcp="winboard232d.exe-pipe"

2. on the line start in: "C:\Program Files\WinBoard"

that's all matématiko. thank you very much.
You did not post the whole line.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

the line contains no more than i wrote ! for sure matematiko!!

ty very much

( c'est tout ce que contient la ligne! désolé!)

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

tue_mouche wrote:the line contains no more than i wrote ! for sure matematiko!!

ty very much

( c'est tout ce que contient la ligne! désolé!)
I do not really understand why your shurtcut properties only shows that. If it works for you like that then is fine. I notice your shortcut is missing the zippy comand /zp . Maybe that is the problem give it a try by inserting /zp just right before /ics

If that fails, then delete whatever your shurtcut has and replaced it with:
"C:\Program Files\WinBoard-4.2.7\winboard.exe" /zp /ics /icshost 127.0.0.1 /icsport 6000 /fcp="winboard232d.exe -pipe"

Make sure the letters in red match the directory where you have winboard installed, also make sure you have winboard232d.exe in the same directory.

Keep us posted and good luck,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

hi!

not obvious all that matematiko! perhaps i did something wrong!
anyway when i filled the target as you said me ,in both the shurtcut and the directory wih only the red terms in this latter, window of the shurtcut doesn't open: an alarm saying me that there is no compatibiliy betwin the targets?!
i noted that winboard-4-2-7 doesn't exist anywhere!! perhaps that's the pb!! must i uninstall all the autoprogram!!
what shall i do matematiko!!
thank you very much.
tue_mouche

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I am quoting from two or three replays down bellow:
Make sure the letters in red match the directory where you have winboard installed, also make sure you have winboard232d.exe in the same directory.
I do not know anything about the autoprogram, I am sure it had worked for other people but I do know nothing about it.

Check instructions in zozur's page: http://www.members.cox.net/zozur/ and if you do not know spanish check this other page: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... %26hl%3Den
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

hi!
sites you gave me aren't yet working for yay and winboard! nevermind! let us forguet that for a moment!!
to play chess i use my fritz7 as i said before! a question please about books that can be used in this chessbase!
recently i have downloaded rybka book in sight to improve fritz software!
when i dowloaded it, i unzipped it and took RybkaII.ctg to chessbase! in this way i had two books : one of fritz and the other of rybka! before playing with opponents in yahoochess i select rybka to play against! unfortunatly, when the opponent is strong i lose!!
the question is : i don't know wich book was playing ;is it fritz or rybka? can you say me more about and help me please!
thank you very much tuemouche

m.t_mode
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by m.t_mode »

Well, the engine will use the book that is currently selected, you can choose it by going to File-New-Opening Book, when you double-click on the book, it'll be loaded, and your engine will use only that one.
Ever tried, ever failed. Try again, fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett