Yay installation

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Yay installation

Post by tue_mouche »

hi mt_mode!

what are files concerned by necessary directory!!

in another hand i finally found the welcome message ! the modifications i've done ,although enregistred, have given nothing: the message is till there! what was wrong mt!!

thank you for your help! tue_mouche.

DeepThought
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DeepThought »

Just delete the: nprinttop($t,0x43,packutf($message));

And search for "Using YaY" too... You're shouting it to the lobby, without you knowing it.
I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve. Confused? Good. Sign of normality.

m.t_mode
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by m.t_mode »

What is meant by necessary directory is where your program installed, where to put these bases before selecting them in your interface.
Ever tried, ever failed. Try again, fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

hi mt_mode!

you are always speaking to me with jargon of the computer science ! could you please be more simply and easy in your langage mt_mode!
i've said before i wasn't a cleric in this science! i'm just learning you know!
in the case, are you speaking about my fritz or the folder which is in my document or files that are in or........?? please go step by step!!

thank you very much!

m.t_mode
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by m.t_mode »

You can follow this path: Edit/Opening Book/Import Games, here choose your tablebase.

Or, you can select your bases by following this path as well: Tools/Options/Tablebase.

Of course, all your bases should be copied to the necessary directory before doing these.

You can also have a look at these links to get some bases:

ftp://ftp.cis.uab.edu/pub/hyatt/TB/3-4-5/

http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/tablebases-online/

Here are some for prominent Nalimov bases:

http://www.chesskit.com/download/nalimov/

Keep in mind that programs older than Fritz 8 and Hiarcs 9 cannot be used for Nalimov 6 Tablebases.
You can follow this path: Edit/Opening Book/Import Games, here choose your tablebase.

To tell you the truth, I think that this explanation is quite clear and understandable, I'm sure you got that all except for that "necessary directory" phrase, what is meant by that is where you have your program installed; for example, C:/Program Files/Chessbase/Fritz10...or whatever or C:/Documents and Settings/UserName/My Documents/Chessbase/Bases...then open go to your Fritz and load what you've copied into those folders.

Good luck.
Ever tried, ever failed. Try again, fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

hi evry one!

it seems to me that nalimov table bases in my CB aren't working at all!! at the end of some games my yay makes some incompressible hits!! probably i did some thing wrong when entring them in my CB directory!! shall i entre them one by one independantly out of the books!

could some one give a generous help please! thank you very much!

wayup

Post by wayup »

I keep geting this error: (could not connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 6000) how do I fix this?I am using Vista

eliasgino2007
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by eliasgino2007 »

wayup wrote:I keep geting this error: (could not connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 6000) how do I fix this?I am using Vista
Hi wayup, 8)

It looks at this Topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115

Bye eliasgino2007! :ok

LNDO

Post by LNDO »

tue_mouche wrote:Hi matématico!

Please, what shall i do to save all instructions i fill in the prompt command! It's nervous to fill them at evrytime i want to launch yay!! Is there any trickor way to ovoid that!!

Thank you very much matématico.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

There is a file in YaY folder called "YaY_Ultimate_3_EXE_example", make a copy of it, then select "edit" in the copy you made and fill these options:

from

REM You can enter values betwen the double double-quotes for none or one or more of the options bellow
REM or leave them blank as they are now, YaY Ultimate will pop up windows for any value omitted.
cmd /k YaY_Ultimate_3_flash.exe --username "" --password "" --room "" --port "" --shortcut ""

to just this line

cmd /k YaY_Ultimate_3_flash.exe --username "(put ID here)" --password "(put pass here)" --room "(put room name here)" --port "6000" --shortcut "(shortcut name you want to use here)"

Example

cmd /k YaY_Ultimate_3_flash.exe --username "XsupremeX" --password "123456654321" --room "chess_adv" --port "6000" --shortcut "Winboard_X with Polyglot and Rybka2"

Now instead of launching YaYp.exe, launch this file you created.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok