Some ppl booted to YaY players

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Some ppl booted to YaY players

Post by Waldemar »

I have reported 2 IDs that were booting everybody. Maybe there are 2 people booting cuz lately I noticed the last booter is more powerful making room completly empty and it barred my ID to access room for 3-4 hours.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

ur_check.mate

Post by ur_check.mate »

I have reported 3 ID in yahoo.I talked with him, he felt proud & said me xsup & jediproger is his friend.I think they can control him or request him not to boot all.Everyday several times he booted all each room.I think if we can't stop him i shall not to play here next time.I wondered he used YaY.Giving his some ID........chess.king, chess_pr0,b00t4fun,plec0,Evil_r00k etc.he has many ID.I think if each & every players not to help him & all of forum banned him we can start to play again.

thanks

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

ur_check.mate wrote:I wondered he used YaY.Giving his some ID........chess.king, chess_pr0,b00t4fun,plec0,Evil_r00k etc.he has many ID

thanks for the information :wink:

ur_check.mate

Post by ur_check.mate »

Still it is doing boot from room & it is continuing many many times everyday.when he booted all polyglot saw it.he saw we got boot many times.So need to do something now.

thanks

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Maybe is time to:

-Give up Yahoo once and for good.

or

-Make your best to have Yahoo patch this issue?

Why?

Because:

1.- Posting the issues here are not going to fix anything....other than inform us what is going on. And believe me, even though I do not give a damn about Yahoo any more, I tried to come with a solution.....but I can not....that faka booter is definitely to close to Yahoo server and therefor is nothing we can do.........Oh....by the way...I do not remember much about YAY latest release....but I think there was a way to adjust the can_read interval....if you know how to do this ( I forgot the command) please adjust it to 0.001......this might help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: I have become a booter myself....but not because I want to boot all the time......is because I want to learn about this crap and use it against the "bad booter".....hopefully it will work...I will kep you posted......bye
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

Let us agree to one thing that Boo-tar is professional programmer who knows how to boot someone who is ignoring yahoo packets
Someone should use packet sniffers to collect kind of data which he sending and being ignored by our client side program created by us not by yahoo
Since last 9 moths i have decided not to indulge in any kind of autochess programming i will not be able to help you but after collecting and analyzing packets i have started smiling
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

ur_check.mate

Post by ur_check.mate »

Today he booted all players at advance lounge2 long time...........there is no player except he.

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

unemployed wrote: after collecting and analyzing packets i have started smiling
so make us smile.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

I am surprised the rated/unrated trick still works...... YAHOO patched this long time ago...but now is "unpatched"....makes you wonder what else is unpatched....Time for having fun...I would....he he....migrate to POGO guys and forget about this nonsense.

Good luck
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

No matter how many times the booter run his prog to boot players, there is a small group of players that dont get booted ! Today I got booted 3-4 times but everytime I go back, this group was still there and being not affected by the booter ! These players are really few. 5% - 8% of all that got booted hehehe

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

XsupremeX wrote:No matter how many times the booter run his prog to boot players, there is a small group of players that dont get booted ! Today I got booted 3-4 times but everytime I go back, this group was still there and being not affected by the booter ! These players are really few. 5% - 8% of all that got booted hehehe

There's 2 or 3 different people using this booter from what I can tell. One of the guys must be very close to yahoo and have a fast computer, since he can empty the lounges completely, the other 1 or 2 guys booting people seem to be able to only boot about 80% or so of the players in the room ... Im 'usually' immune to these other booters luckily!

For the record its easy to replicate the method these guys are using for booting players from the yahoo server. I recommend people quit playing in yahoo unless its patched soon.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Sad we have to leave Yahoo and let that bastard act like a God there and booting everyone when he wants to.

I recomend everyone when see the booter use the command ping, and ping the bastard many many times in a row. I tried and I didnt get disconnected and this time was the booter that disconnected himself ! :hhh

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

XsupremeX wrote:I recomend everyone when see the booter use the command ping, and ping the bastard many many times in a row. I tried and I didnt get disconnected and this time was the booter that disconnected himself ! :hhh

Nice!

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

Excellent.
create a gang and use ur combined energy to point towards bastds whose intent is to destroy yahoo chess
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Just to inform: Someone has made a different prog to destroy Yahoo, now he doesnt boot but slows everyone down in the lobby making some shouts, we become slow and even hard to shout something, see this: