Some ppl booted to YaY players

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Some ppl booted to YaY players

Post by dene »

Hehe always some idiot in the house (yahoo), .. i'll have to stop by and take a look sometime

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

XsupremeX wrote:Just to inform: Someone has made a different prog to destroy Yahoo, now he doesnt boot but slows everyone down in the lobby making some shouts, we become slow and even hard to shout something, see this:

He is simply doing lobby flooding.
you can also do the same without being a programmer .type something and press enter. Now use up arrow key to retrieve your typed message and press enter.
Keep on doing this and you will flood the lobby
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

unemployed wrote:
He is simply doing lobby flooding.
you can also do the same without being a programmer .type something and press enter. Now use up arrow key to retrieve your typed message and press enter.
Keep on doing this and you will flood the lobby
This is impossible,because he is doing the same at all the rooms at the same moment.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Not just flooding the room but these messages are making players slow and freezing JAVA sometimes. I solved it by ignoring the bot but if I wanna type something, then my slowness appears.

PS It was just to inform people cuz my place is Pogo. hehehe
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

il_konte wrote: This is impossible,because he is doing the same at all the rooms at the same moment.
Now this makes a whole lot of sense.....He is in every room, or at least the rooms with the same server, there is more than one server. For this reason he can get away with flodding not the room but the server....Very smart. And the way I see it, very unlikely to be fixed by the Yahoo Engineers.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

reborn
Banned User
Banned User

Post by reborn »

hi Matematiko :) did you have a working link YAY YLTIMATE 2.1.0 editions ?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

reborn wrote:hi Matematiko :) did you have a working link YAY YLTIMATE 2.1.0 editions ?
No, I do not. Sorry.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

chess_pr0

Post by chess_pr0 »

hey guys..

i m sorry to hear of the problems here about the booter..

i was maker of this program and i apologize it moved to chess..

i originally made this program for checkers in yahoo for some azzholes who kept taking my ids and kicking me off their tables as a way to get back @ them..

i did give the program to 1 other person than my self.. and a few days later i learned the program was indeed put on a website for a few days so no telling who downloaded it and passed it along thru yahoo users.. i managed to close the site down and get rid of the program link.. i have since disabled the booter.. as of may 17th 2011.

so from now on there will be no booting in yahoo, if there is, its not a booter as i know for a fact there is no known booter programs out there, there are indeed a few spam bots, but they really dont do nothing other than flood a lobby chat and cause some lag to server thats it.. i love and use YaY now for almost a year.. i just came back to chess few months ago and noticed this problem and tried fixing it , but to those who had the program already no way of fixing it. so i finally got ahold of yahoo and sent them a copy of program that was being used and it has been patched!!..

i hope yahoo grows again into a fun place like it was before hand..

again i apologize for the trouble cause as this was meant for yahoo checkers only...

thanks guys. and hope 2 see ya in yahoo chess!!.

chess_pr0

Come Back

Post by chess_pr0 »

u guys need to come back to yahoo./ITS A GHOST TOWN IN pogo.. even myself and XSUPREMEX dont play there nomore.. come back to YAHOO. NO BOOTERS..

Last night there was 12 yay users online playing. today right now there is 9 yay users.. far more than pogo saw at any given time.. YAY FOR YAHOO!!! LIVE ON!!

YAY 3.2.3 COMMING SOON!! please?! :roll:

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: YaY Ultimate 3.2.2 - NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD!

Post by Waldemar »

chess_pr0, sad to say but you right ! Pogo became a ghost place, you have to be there for hours to find an opponent and yes, I am back to Yahoo, and some friends are returning to Yahoo too as well.

YaYp is a nice program allowing people to play in Pogo where there is a lag compensation. but it seems the future is back to Yahoo where we find many reds/progs in adv1 or adv2 or adv3. Thx Mate, Thx Dene !

Y4h00000000000000000000000000 !!!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

chess_pr0 wrote:hey guys..

i m sorry to hear of the problems here about the booter..

i was maker of this program and i apologize it moved to chess..

i originally made this program for checkers in yahoo for some azzholes who kept taking my ids and kicking me off their tables as a way to get back @ them..

i did give the program to 1 other person than my self.. and a few days later i learned the program was indeed put on a website for a few days so no telling who downloaded it and passed it along thru yahoo users.. i managed to close the site down and get rid of the program link.. i have since disabled the booter.. as of may 17th 2011.

so from now on there will be no booting in yahoo, if there is, its not a booter as i know for a fact there is no known booter programs out there, there are indeed a few spam bots, but they really dont do nothing other than flood a lobby chat and cause some lag to server thats it.. i love and use YaY now for almost a year.. i just came back to chess few months ago and noticed this problem and tried fixing it , but to those who had the program already no way of fixing it. so i finally got ahold of yahoo and sent them a copy of program that was being used and it has been patched!!..

i hope yahoo grows again into a fun place like it was before hand..

again i apologize for the trouble cause as this was meant for yahoo checkers only...

thanks guys. and hope 2 see ya in yahoo chess!!.
Excellent,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:chess_pr0, sad to say but you right ! Pogo became a ghost place, you have to be there for hours to find an opponent and yes, I am back to Yahoo, and some friends are returning to Yahoo too as well.

YaYp is a nice program allowing people to play in Pogo where there is a lag compensation. but it seems the future is back to Yahoo where we find many reds/progs in adv1 or adv2 or adv3. Thx Mate, Thx Dene !

Y4h00000000000000000000000000 !!!
No worries bud, see, the thing is that I admired how of a good fight you gave us in 1/0 games despite the fact that you have worst lag. I did not feel happy knowing that I was wining in part because I have not as bad lag as my opponents, that's why we (dene & I) turned to POGO and spent half a year in developing YaYp and continue fixing little problems.

Maybe you did not know but it was you that inspired us to find a more fair playground for our 1/0 games. We did not need POGO....I live in the USA, my lag is not that bad. Dene's lag is not that good but is not that bad. Anyway, if you guys decide to turn back to Yahoo is your choice, but we aware of this: Yahoo has more players to play against with because those players (or the majority) live in the USA and they like the advantage they get.

Anyway, I might go there some day and forget about POGO I might not.....future will tell.

Have a nice evening!!!

P.S. I do not think Yahoo patched anything as someone said in another post today. Booting will continue. :crasha
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I admire you for making this YaYp to play in Pogo because of my lag. Indeed, most of players live in USA, this can be the reason many players in Yahoo than Pogo, getting advantage of the opponent's lag like me. Lately I have found many players there not playing 1/0 thou but 1/1 or 2/0 or even more. I am there too but playing 1/1 now hehehe.

And yes, booter still there, and still booting players when he decides to do it.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

XsupremeX wrote:And yes, booter still there, and still booting players when he decides to do it.

As long as retards can boot us at will, I don't see any point in playing in yahoo bud.

Sure, I can take a modified script and boot too if I choose too, but thats not why we go there, we go to play program Vs Program chess.

Until Yahoo patch the server it's very unlikely we will even consider going back there :crasha

chess_pr0

Post by chess_pr0 »

sorry, but the booter i made is patched..

i dont know who is booting if anybody is.

but i have now been playing back in yahoo now for 5 days including today.

my computer has been on autoplay and i have NOT been kicked off server yet.
now granterd I live in the U.S.A. , but on east coast far from yahoo headquarters.

my connection isnt fast as i use DSL thru a crappy company for only 22.99 a month!

last i checked my download speed was 4.2 MBPS
upload speed wasnt even 1 MBPS.

but i have had people come into my table and say sorry i got booted and come back and sit down to play me..

,but back when the booting happened, even i got booted everytime the booter was in lounge.. im thinking yahoo may be having some server issues, as I have been watchuing on anoither computer alot for the booting and have not noticed anything suspicious...