Some ppl booted to YaY players

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
ur_check.mate

Some ppl booted to YaY players

Post by ur_check.mate »

Last few days some idiot ppl booted to YaY users from Advance lounge2.They don't want ..........we use YaY in yahoo.Many YaY players couldn't play there now.So need help.How can get the solve this problem.

thanks

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Some ppl booted to YaY players

Post by matematiko »

There is a guy (or perhaps more than one guy) using a new booter.

I think what it does, it creates a table, then it changes from rated to unrated back and forth very quick and many times.

Everybody (exept people with very fast internet connection and maybe low ping to Yahoo server) is getting disconnected, not only YaY users.

Solutions?

1.- Report the problem to Yahoo, I am sure they will fix it sooner or later.
2.- Move to Sunvalley California and get a fast internet connection :hhh

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Yes, there is a booter there, and he can boot everyone, very fast internet connection players like mang0 and mocha too from where I have seen ! When you see him, just report to Yahoo ! It is all we can do !
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

whenever u r playing manual chess and yr opponent changes games status from rated to unrated to boot u (nobody can boot in rated game) window again forces u to click radio button START (second time )
it is a mistake in auto chess program to allow this as the same was with multiple timers
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

ur_check.mate

Post by ur_check.mate »

When we got boot in that time we couldn't trace who booted me coz we got dc in that time.But i talked with a guy.........he said me he booted me & told me not to use YaY.His ID is queensdelights.He will do next time.
I think we have need a engine room in Yahoo, like PCC.So we can request everybody to Yahoo ..........to give us engine room.
Better YaY Admin can do it.

thanks

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

He has many IDs he can use to boot us, today he used lnvite_me ID, I already reported to Yahoo. You all must do the same when see the booter acting.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

unemployed wrote:whenever u r playing manual chess and yr opponent changes games status from rated to unrated to boot u (nobody can boot in rated game) window again forces u to click radio button START (second time )
it is a mistake in auto chess program to allow this as the same was with multiple timers
You are getting it all wrong aks.

The booter is actually creating a humongous amount of traffic between the server and every client to the point that the client gets overflowed and gets disconnected from the server. The guy is booting everybody in the room, you do not even have to be playing against him.

This has nothing to do with YaY's code.

Multiple timers? Maybe, just maybe in STUCI, not in YaY.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

u r right Mate ,
since i have not touched code for last 9 months i have replied by impulse not by logic
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

unemployed wrote:u r right Mate ,
since i have not touched code for last 9 months i have replied by impulse not by logic
Not a problem bro...... I just wanted to make my point and do not let people think there was a problem with YaY ( even thou is not longer supported, still our baby you know).

How is your health? Hope you are doing better now.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

zappa_engine

Post by zappa_engine »

Will attempt to fix. Have to create the bad code first, so I can do testing on the antidote. Imagine it's as simple as implement flood code on table ops to prevent so much programatic processing. Seems normal Java client is fine, so it must be internal overflow issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNASSON_JMU
Concerning STUCI and why it's never really done... here's a metaphor: Instead of being a construction worker, I'd rather be an architect.
Losing too many games because of a slow PC? No problem, nUCI it!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

zappa_engine wrote:Will attempt to fix. Have to create the bad code first, so I can do testing on the antidote. Imagine it's as simple as implement flood code on table ops to prevent so much programatic processing. Seems normal Java client is fine, so it must be internal overflow issue.
Java client was being taken down as well. There is not antidote other than having a faster internet connection in the USA, or of course: Yahoo patching up the server, which by now they probably already did.

I agree though, that STUCI and YaY will be better off if written in C, C++ or at least in C# or VB; This will reduce latency inherited by the slowness of perl and perhaps minimize or eliminate some disconnection problems.

Nice to see you here again zappa_engine.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

HI mate and zappa
i m really delighted to see discussion about program among each other.
this has happened after a very long time .

regards

John Ruskin

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

There are diffrent kind of boting

* PM Bots /PM Bomb
* Game Bots
* Add Buddy Bots
* Invite Conference or Room Bots
* Invite Cam bots

How does it work :-Best way to imagine a booter is just a pipe with a pump on the end which pumps the water down the pipe to yahoo.

the client has a pipe which gets the water from yahoo (which was sent by the booter / other people) .

How to boot someone? Send more water to the person than the person can get out, once the water gets full it over spills and the person is booted, now at yahoo's end when you send an instant message to a user yahoo takes that packet then delivers it to the client now if that client is busy, instead of throwing away that packet yahoo stores it in a buffer (buffer is like a swimming pool, you can fill it but not too much or it will overflow) now as you keep sending on packets unless the client is awake and able to get them the data will get stored in the buffer and it will keep getting stored in the buffer until the buffer is reached when this happens yahoo assumes the ID is no longer active so yahoo disconnect the ID.

If the client happens to be using a good connection nice and fast and is able to take from the buffer faster than the person can upload it to fill the buffer the client will not be booted, it takes roughly 130k of data to fill that buffer so if a person can only upload at 10k/s but the person being attack can download at 20k/s that person will not be booted.

now, sbooter on the other hand fills that buffer and then with a single command sends it all instantly so even if the other person has the fastest connection on the planet that buffer will be filled instantly causing them to be booted / disconnected

John Ruskin

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Thanks for the explanation aks.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Yahoo Problems

Post by matematiko »

Is anybody aware of Yahoo problems lately?

I was told someone by the name of ygamesmod is booting everybody..... maybe this is the booter we talked about before.

I will appreciate any info.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,