HELP HELP Please

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
meraklinext

Re: Help me please, why this is happening ?

Post by meraklinext »

dene wrote:Everything is affected by lag in yahoo chess. For speed in 1/0 games your beter off using YaY with winboard and polyglot instead of chessbase. You will get less lag and the clock will stay in sync with the yahoo timer.

Of course you may still get more move lag than your opponent depending on distance to server, or to put it another way.. if your ping to the yahoo server is higher than your opponents ping you will have more lag.

A player in the usa will generally be a lot faster than a player in australia for example, due to the yahoo server being based in the usa.

Cheers
Thanks dene for your reply , very good explanation, i got it now but i have a few last questions if u answer me i will be very happy

1- is polygot a gui like chessbase , that i can use it with yay like chessbase ?
2- is polygot runs with win 7 x64 , without a problem ?
3- is there any toturial how to use polygot and how to install it for make it work with Yay ultimate ? , link ?
last is there link that all files need to be download for polygot to make it work with Yay and yahoo ?

thanks .

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

1- is polygot a gui like chessbase , that i can use it with yay like chessbase ?

Polyglot is an adapter that allows you to use UCI engines with WinBoard, WinBoard is the gui. It also allows you to use opening books in the bin format.

2- is polygot runs with win 7 x64 , without a problem ?

Yes

3- is there any toturial how to use polygot and how to install it for make it work with Yay ultimate ? , link ?

When you run the YaY Ultimate 3 installer it installs all the files you need along with all the WinBoard shortcuts included for using Winboard and polyglot with YaY on yahoo chess. In the documentation folder (which is found inside the YaY folder) theres a tutorial on how to use WinBoard and Polyglot with YaY, please read this ... hey we took the time to write it for you guys :ok

Cheers

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

last is there link that all files need to be download for polygot to make it work with Yay and yahoo ?
thanks .
Unless someone gave you YaYp.exe and you started from scratch (which I doubt), YaY Ultimate Installer comes with everything you need. There is a folder called: Documentation and License, please start reading there.

Regards,

Edit: I was writing this post at the same time dene was posting his. :crasha :hhh
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

meraklinext

Post by meraklinext »

thanks all of you guys , both of u great :Bravo

starplayboy

does anyone know how to auto play with rybka 4

Post by starplayboy »

I don't see the option "CONNECT HARDWARE" on rybka 4.....

starplayboy

Re: does anyone know how to auto play with rybka 4

Post by starplayboy »

how to connect rybka 4 with auto chess software like YAY or arena.....

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: HELP HELP Please

Post by Waldemar »

What GUI are you using? YaY + Polyglot or YaY + Chessbase GUI? Chessbase just change to engine you want in "Engine Option", if you dont have what you want just create engine you want to use. And using polyglot you have to edit the file called polyglot.ini in winboard folder to engine you wish. Edit the line that ends in .exe, this is the engine line.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: does anyone know how to auto play with rybka 4

Post by matematiko »

starplayboy wrote:how to connect rybka 4 with auto chess software like YAY or arena.....

ARENA is not support it...YaY and YaYp were made for WinBoard.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

eriysman

Post by eriysman »

matematiko wrote:YaY does not work with Arena, only WinBoard. Read the tutorials included.
Why the all the link never work.. pls can u help me Mr.? where Can I get YaY 3.2.2?

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

eriysman wrote:
matematiko wrote:YaY does not work with Arena, only WinBoard. Read the tutorials included.
Why the all the link never work.. pls can u help me Mr.? where Can I get YaY 3.2.2?
Check here

Code: Select all

http://www.autochess.com/forum/yay-ultimate-3-flash-download-t1440.html