matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: HELP HELP Please

Post by matematiko »

pleasure wrote:HI,
Im a newbie and i dont know why all the links to download Yay not working
Help please
I don't know why you say all the links won't work.

This one ones perfectly:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ygk2gmgifij

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

pleasure

Post by pleasure »

Thank you.
I have yay ultimate 3,
Arena GUI and rybka 2

Could anyone tell me how to "connect to hardware" since when i run Ultimate 3 it says it has to be in "waiting for connection" stage?
Thank you

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

YaY does not work with Arena, only WinBoard. Read the tutorials included.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

pleasure

Post by pleasure »

Thank you , just wonder how do i get winboard, is it free?
In the tutorial it says, 1- Chess program install (fritz 10, deep fritz 9, shredder 9 and others)
How do i get those anf if they are free. Im also confused if winboard is one of those chess programs above?
Thanks for your help

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

pleasure wrote:Thank you , just wonder how do i get winboard, is it free?
In the tutorial it says, 1- Chess program install (fritz 10, deep fritz 9, shredder 9 and others)
How do i get those anf if they are free.
Winboard is installed when you run the YaY installer.. yes its free!

YaY can be used straight out of the box so to speak, read the Tutorials on how to log in to yahoo with Winboard and polyglot.

Chessbase programs are not free unfortunatly....although your could look through the topics in the chessbase section of this forum ;-)

meraklinext

hi Please help me urgent !!!

Post by meraklinext »

Hı , i have Some problems on YAY Ultimate , i checked almost all of the forum but find noting trying 3 days and i got bored

1) i installed Yay ultimate and make it work when i create a table 1/0 computer plays 1 st game and win and after when it is on automode it starting 2 nd game and not move and losing after 15 sec
and it goes on like that untill me or my opponet stand up why its happening (the computer plays only 1 game ) and what is the solution?

2)I have 1 yahoo main acount and it has 5 chess user (id) on it , when i log in it only login my main acount but its rating is too low and noboady doesnt play but on other id s for example 3 rd or 4 th it has high rating like 2100 , 2200 the problem is how can i switch on my same acount 4th or 3 rd id and play with them , i couldnt find how to do ?

3)when i create table and someboady joins wellcome screen apear like (wellcome xyz , Progs are allowed here starting so 60 sec) like that so who joins and see this exit instantly and doesnt play , how to remove this ?

sorry my bad english and thanks who will help me for those little problems

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: hi Please help me urgent !!!

Post by matematiko »

I had a hard time understanding what you said. Sorry.

We, the developers of YaY do not support it anymore....hopefully someone else will answer to your questions...cause we won't.....we moved to POGO.

Cheers
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

meraklinext wrote:2)I have 1 yahoo main acount and it has 5 chess user (id) on it , when i log in it only login my main acount but its rating is too low and noboady doesnt play but on other id s for example 3 rd or 4 th it has high rating like 2100 , 2200 the problem is how can i switch on my same acount 4th or 3 rd id and play with them , i couldnt find how to do ?

3)when i create table and someboady joins wellcome screen apear like (wellcome xyz , Progs are allowed here starting so 60 sec) like that so who joins and see this exit instantly and doesnt play , how to remove this ?
You can only use the main account, not the sub-accounts. And you cant stop the welcome message. Your 1st question I dont know why your prog only plays 1 game.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

meraklinext

Post by meraklinext »

thanks XsupremeX for replaying but:
as i said , i searched too many times and even this forum and internet,
DENE (i thnink the developer of yay ultimate) says that now sub - id's supported and able to use , but he/she doesnt describe how to use it but he/she said , it is possible to use

and some of says that , they can remove the wellcome message (they say that they did) but they dont describe how to do it , i change Yay.cfg about it but cant remove message completely

and i really dont know why my program plays 1 game and then chessbase seems disconnect from winboard but winboard keeps connected with yahoo server but i sure i am all doing right , because it plays at least 1 game , unless i dont , it wil not play

before i was using chess buddy and it was very easy of use but some of others use a yay beat me like on easyl and on 1 min game they beat me by time , and i cant use Firebird engine on chessbuddy it crashes every time but even i use Deep Rybka 4 on chess buddy and i have a strong computer (i7 Core 965 overclocked to 4.7 Ghz with 16 GB ram) the yay players beat me on 1/0 game easyl so i decided to switch yay
but it is dissappointed

so does it any autochess easy to use like chess buddy and switchable engine and stronger then chessbuddy ?

i use win 7 x64 ultimate

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Strong PC you have hehehe

Chessbase? Hmmm, wait some seconds to start a new game, dont set autoautostart ON.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

meraklinext

Help me please, why this is happening ?

Post by meraklinext »

Hi friends , i use Yay ultimate and ChessBase with Deep Rybka 4 x64 but when i play 1/0 game or 1/2 i noticed that my chessbase moved already but my winbond time still passing ( i mean everytime times going from me ) but i checked that time time is not used bye engine its just passing, for example :

my chessbase timer starts at 1 min
winbond timer starts 1 min
after 20 move
my chessbase timer 50 sec left
my winbond timer (yahoo timer ) 30 sec left

and its goes like that and actually i loose by time , but my opponet (is also prog yay) plays like ultra fast and its time is 50 sec when mine is 30
but when i run out of time and loose , my opponet remains about 18 sec but i lose

when i use 1/2 for example:

when my prog play on my turn on winbond timeis not adding 2 sec after i moved
i have a good PC not slow 1 (i7core 965 with 16 GB ram) and at that time i test my connection and ping it is very fast

so connection ok , Program ok (deep rybka 4 x64) , Pc ok then whats the problem ?
why it is happening only to me ? and not to my opponet ?
i never remember that win by time to noboady like that i describe above ?
please help what is wrong , what is solution ?
even i let rybka 4 use 6 core (not 8 ) and use %80 of CPU not %100 but result same
even i try Normal rybka (not deep ) and same
even i try Rybka 4 x32 but same , i will lose my mind lol
what may be the problem ?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Help me please, why this is happening ?

Post by matematiko »

meraklinext wrote:Hi friends , i use Yay ultimate and ChessBase with Deep Rybka 4 x64 but when i play 1/0 game or 1/2 i noticed that my chessbase moved already but my winbond time still passing ( i mean everytime times going from me ) but i checked that time time is not used bye engine its just passing, for example :

after 20 move

and its goes like that and actually i loose by time , but my opponet (is also prog yay) plays like ultra fast and its time is 50 sec when mine is 30
but when i run out of time and loose , my opponet remains about 18 sec but i lose

i have a good PC not slow 1 (i7core 965 with 16 GB ram) and at that time i test my connection and ping it is very fast

so connection ok , Program ok (deep rybka 4 x64) , Pc ok then whats the problem ?
even i let rybka 4 use 6 core (not 8 ) and use %80 of CPU not %100 but result same
This is normal when using Chessbase.

WinBoard communicates with chess thru winboard232d.exe which is an Auto232 emulator. Auto232 emulators do not support time stamps...in other words chessbase ignores the clock updates sent by Yahoo, which are of course affected by lag.

I have made at least 20 posts concerning this issue. Does anyone uses the "search" function on this forum?

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

meraklinext

Post by meraklinext »

matematiko wrote:
meraklinext wrote:Hi friends , i use Yay ultimate and ChessBase with Deep Rybka 4 x64 but when i play 1/0 game or 1/2 i noticed that my chessbase moved already but my winbond time still passing ( i mean everytime times going from me ) but i checked that time time is not used bye engine its just passing, for example :

after 20 move

This is normal when using Chessbase.

WinBoard communicates with chess thru winboard232d.exe which is an Auto232 emulator. Auto232 emulators do not support time stamps...in other words chessbase ignores the clock updates sent by Yahoo, which are of course affected by lag.

I have made at least 20 posts concerning this issue. Does anyone uses the "search" function on this forum?

Regards,
so , ??
whats the solution then ? , how other progs can beat me by the time and they seems to play like ultrafast ? why they are not affected by lag ? is there any other gui for uci other then chessbase ? that is not affected by lag ?

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Everything is affected by lag in yahoo chess. For speed in 1/0 games your beter off using YaY with winboard and polyglot instead of chessbase. You will get less lag and the clock will stay in sync with the yahoo timer.

Of course you may still get more move lag than your opponent depending on distance to server, or to put it another way.. if your ping to the yahoo server is higher than your opponents ping you will have more lag.

A player in the usa will generally be a lot faster than a player in australia for example, due to the yahoo server being based in the usa.

Cheers