Nice to see.

An ICS Emulator for YAHOO Chess
limpkinw

Nice to see.

Post by limpkinw »

I was the provider of the first chess program for yahoo, its great to see that someone has picked up on the good work.

Well done and interesting approach.

Limpkinw

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Nice to see.

Post by matematiko »

limpkinw wrote:I was the provider of the first chess program for yahoo, its great to see that someone has picked up on the good work.

Well done and interesting approach.

Limpkinw
Does this sudden appearance has something to do with someone sending you a Yahoo IM few days ago? If so, who was that person.

This will confirm your identity.

Regards,

P.S. I do not expect you to be the original developer since your statement is full of it, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

-Chris did not create "the first chess program for yahoo", Chris created an ICS emulator for WinBoard (mainly) to interact with Yahoo Chess Server.
-Chris does not approved of his software being used out of the GNU license.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

limpkinw

Post by limpkinw »

I am not the original developer of this particular app. But I did pioneer programs in yahoo chess, first program was ChessMan and I also built and sold the first ratings boosters back in those days. I am not taking any credit for this particular application although I believe I am familiar with it. I am just happy to see that someone is still doing this sort of thing 10 yrs later..

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

limpkinw wrote:I am not the original developer of this particular app. But I did pioneer programs in yahoo chess, first program was ChessMan and I also built and sold the first ratings boosters back in those days. I am not taking any credit for this particular application although I believe I am familiar with it. I am just happy to see that someone is still doing this sort of thing 10 yrs later..
In that case, is an honor to have you here. I have one question, who cracked Yahoo's Game servers encryption scheme? Without it, every program ever created (Boosters, booters, etc) woudnt had been possible. If I have to bet, I will guess it was an inside job.

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

limpkinw

Post by limpkinw »

Actually it was cracked by myself and Athernigy. It actually was quite easy we were able to find everything that was needed in the java cab files.
It has changed a little since the initial encryption but its always been easy to stay on top of things since then.

Glad to be here, I see no one around from my days of chess.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

limpkinw wrote:Actually it was cracked by myself and Athernigy. It actually was quite easy we were able to find everything that was needed in the java cab files.
It has changed a little since the initial encryption but its always been easy to stay on top of things since then.
Sounds reasonable... assuming of course the java cab files were not obfuscated back then as they are now.

Changing the subject, it is unfortunate that Yahoo has taken the wrong decisions and now is not the "Internet Games" monster it used to be. Every day Yahoo has less and less people and there is other game sites popping up left and right,some will die some will stay, unless Yahoo pulls a miracle, the games section is doomed to disappear or at best just to be there at the mediocre section of the list of popularity. The feel and look is the best on my opinion but it seems they fired most of the software engineers and they are not making "easy" modifications to fix "fatal" exploits (for example right now there is an exploit where one person can boot half of the room in a matter of seconds), solution is easy...few lines of code....it has been reported hundreds of times but Yahoo is just ignoring us.

If is not asking too much, please tell us a little bit more about your program "ChessMan" a little history is in order, what was it? What it did? Still works? Is the source available? Etc.

Thanks again
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Nice to see Yahoo today!

4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

zeroality

Post by zeroality »

It's not really much wonder that they lost motivation over Yahoo Games.

With people making bots left and right, and people hacking ladders every weekend causing the free ladders to get shut down - it's not hard to see how they lost so much motivation in Yahoo Games.

Looks like Limp's site got hacked and there's a 'pwn' script on it. Don't go there!

And ugh guys, use myBB or something. phpBB sucks now.

Edit: One more thing. "Me and Athernigy" Really? sk says it was all him and that you were shocked that he didn't eat or sleep until he cracked it. lol.

limpkinw

Post by limpkinw »

Lol I stumbled on this year later.

Yes it was a joint effort, very much so (still have all the cab files and chat logs to prove this, if it was worth the effort)....

Did SK also tell you that he initially got the code to get into yahoo games from me? He did not get it on his own I gave him the entirety of it, granted I gave it to him in Delphi and he converted to VB, which are similar languages.

We taught each other a lot back then. We started out as "enemies" and at the end became quite good friends. I like and respect the heck out of SK.

Yea being that I use vBulletin once in a while i get script kiddie attacks, all good now.