Preferable Uploading/Downloading Site

What do you think about the forum? Any Mistakes? Any Comments? Any Suggestions Pls
Aaron87747
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Preferable Uploading/Downloading Site

Post by Aaron87747 »

Hello all!
I've noticed that when people upload files, many use rapidshare. The only problem with rapidshare is that if your not a premium member, you can only have around 5 downloads per day. I suggest that everyone now starts using mediafire because that site has no limitations. Even if people continue to use rapidshare, I hope that they either:
A) Also upload it for mediafire for those who download a lot everyday (Like me!)
or
B) Convert all rapidshare upload links to mediafire and continue using mediafire only.

Thanks for your consideration,
Aaron
Vos aut intereo a vir , vel vos ago porro satis video vidi visum vestri fio latrocinium.

JuniorChess

Re: Preferable Uploading/Downloading Site

Post by JuniorChess »

If you have a dynamic ip address, all you have to do is unplug the modem for few seconds and you're good to go my friend. Works like a charm everytime :D

Fortress_Defense
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Fortress_Defense »

Mediafire is definitely the best one. I have zShare also, but its not as good. Rapidshare is only good with a premium account.

As for dynamic IP, do all wireless connections have one?
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Fortress_Defense wrote:
As for dynamic IP, do all wireless connections have one?
This depends on your service provider.

I have a dynamic IP on my 20mb cable connection, all I have to do is quickly change the mac address in my router here and then reboot the modem to get a new IP.

Note: Simply unplugging the modem or a few seconds does not change my IP here, the IP is assigned to the mac address for a few days. So only by changing your computer or routers mac address and then rebooting the modem will get you a new IP on some internet service providers.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Note: Changing the mac address it is prohibited by many (if not all) providers in the USA. Additionally, for those with a digital phone, changing the mac address will make it impossible for 911 operators to determine who or where you are calling from.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Bud,
Im not talking about changing the modems mac address, im talking about the router or computers mac. As long as the modem itself has the original mac address on it that was given to the customer by the service provider, it shouldnt matter what mac is on the router or computer, they will know the IP issued has been given to the customer with the particular mac address on the modem itself.. and be able to trace you. So changing the routers mac would only change your IP, not make you untraceable, ..you would need to enter another customers modem mac address into the modem itself for that. Well thats how it works on cable here in the uk, unless its different in the states?

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

No....you are right...I missunderstodd....sorry

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

perl.monkperl

Post by perl.monkperl »

Very well explained still i wanted to give a lot of explanations but we r contractually bound not to give information about this.
Hope u will excuse us as this is our daily earning bread as we r making c and c++ programs for them.